Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Husband/Wife Team

I just wanted to post a current picture of our newest completed projects. Both fly beyond our expectations!!!

:glasses2:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyintiger_and_whirlygirl.jpg (468.4 KB, 1113 views)
Whirly-Girl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What kit is the airplane, engine, etc? Looks real nice. I think I can see it say Wild Hare on the wing.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Great to see husband and wife share a hobby ! Congrats. If that is a Wild Hare, I have heard they are great flyer's at a good price. Which model is it?
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanManley
What kit is the airplane, engine, etc? Looks real nice. I think I can see it say Wild Hare on the wing.
The airplane is a 28% Wild Hare Extra 300LX. It is powered by a DA-50 and has a JR 945 RX with DS 8611 servos on all surfaces. A Hitec high speed mini digital is on throttle and a standard JR 537 is on the choke. We're breaking the engine in on a NX 22x8 prop right now. My husband definitely did his homework on this plane. With a CF spinner and CF wing tube and elevator stab tube, he came in around 16 pounds ready to fly. Most guys are averaging 17-19. This plane is a beauty to fly!!! Yeah, he let me fly it...and no, I haven't let him touch my Raptor...yet. :wink:

Barely 2 gallons have been run through...and already my husband got deployed again. Bummer.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OH YES, that's an awesome plane. A raptor .. well is a raptor. great heli for the price.
Hope the hubby gets home safe and sound soon.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wondering why he chose the 300LX, low wing over the 540 Edge, mid wing? Just curious, I hear they both fly GREAT !
Old 05-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot Charlie
Wondering why he chose the 300LX, low wing over the 540 Edge, mid wing? Just curious, I hear they both fly GREAT !
The low wing has an ever so slight advantage over the mid-wing for 3D aerobatics. Wild Hare also makes an Extra 300 Special which is the same exact plane, but with a mid-wing mount...slightly better for IMAC maneuvers.

In the end it's really not going to matter that much. Once you learn what a plane feels like, you just know how to put it where you want it anyway. But, that was his reasoning.

Our next gasser will either be a 2.3 or 2.6 Comp-Arf OR, I'm kinda leaning towards a Weeks Solution biplane. Something different from everyone's Extras and Edges.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

It is great to see a husband and wiofe together enjoying the hobby!!! Rock on Whirly-Girl and Flying Tiger!!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Weeks Solution biplane
AwwwwRight !!!! Bipes, now your talkin' !!! :mrgreen: Thanks for the info, I was just wondering on his reasoning. If we ever get a better field for larger planks, I will own a gasser of some kind.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess who gets the pleasure of building that Weeks Solution? Yep, you guessed it. I love building, I wish I were home more to build...ARFs and foamies will have to do for now.

FlyinTiger
FlyinTiger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

I used to build, religiously. Last building I did was about 1.5 yrs ago, when I rebuild a crashed (totaled) Ultra Stick that a friend gave me. Yep, you guessed it, he got me back in the hobby after many years of being out of it.

I too like building, but practically only flying heli's now. I still love the planks, expecially warbirds !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in