Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Phantom Multirotor Support

Phantom Multirotor Support Phantom Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you calibrate the compass where you were going to fly. Not at home, but at the field. If you just got the P2 it is unlikely that you put a magnetized device next to the compass. If you did the demagnetization you probably screwed your compass and need to do it again. Sorry. Sometimes a little knowledge is too much. If you would have just taken it to the field and did the compass calibration, you would have been fine. I took my P2V out of the box, charged the lipo and the wifi extender and went flying after calibrating the compass. It should not be that difficult.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok.
But if the reseting does not work ???
sammdamm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok .

The red/yellow continues and now dont go to yellow solid...
sammdamm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Calibrate the compass at the field where you are flying. Read the manual on how to do this.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hey Ed isn't there something about the models getting sent south of the equator? I can't remember where I saw that. Doesn't the IMU have to be deep calibrated?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That was a GPS problem with the WKM not the Naza.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Show me a video of what you are seeing. I am not sure about what you are describing. I am trying to help you.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Closed Account

I have the phantom 2 and for me calibrating the compass is a pain. I have to do it multiple times otherwise I get the toilet bowl effect while hovering. It's very frustrating.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
I have the phantom 2 and for me calibrating the compass is a pain. I have to do it multiple times otherwise I get the toilet bowl effect while hovering. It's very frustrating.
It depends on where you fly and what interference is there. I don't know why you see the compass calibration as a pain. It takes about a minute to do.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
It depends on where you fly and what interference is there. I don't know why you see the compass calibration as a pain. It takes about a minute to do.
Not difficult to do just having to do it so many times is annoying. I found that if you calibrate the compass and spin the phantom about its own axis you end up with a stupid amount of toilet bowl effect. It starts out small and then ends up making larger and larger circles.

If you hold the phantom at arms length and spin it around you that seems to work better.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default same compass issue

Hi there,

I am having the same compass calibration issue (already noticed it is a pretty common issue). Mine simply doesn't calibrate.

It is a phantom 2 just out of the box! I tried everything!

The mod value is always higher than 3000 (I think it is not a cable connection cause I can get the readings from the software) and I always get an ERROR [27].

I tried it inside, outside, in every possible way, including advanced calibration.

Everything goes well until the vertical 360 spin, when the led starts blinking red/yellow really fast.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks
juca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Contact your dealer?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NO GPS

GPS quit working on Phantom FC-40. I have done all that I could find to do for fixing myself but no luck.
It flashes yellow slow. I reset the compass and it turns green then in the end it goes to yellow flashing slowly. It will fly but won't stay in place like it should. In the software it says I need GPS to make certain settings which tells me the GPS has failed in some way. The software was giving me an ERROR 27 but that quit coming up now.
I have had NO crashes, it was a working like a dream until today. I have had this unit for one week and maybe 7 flights.
No problems getting satellites at all.

Is there something I am missing besides GPS
dwebone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI P2 Compass Error

Got my DJI a week ago, flew fine the first day. Then is stopped.
It tuns on but does not initialize (as in the LEDs don't come on after start up) and gimbal does not engage.
Plugged it into my computer and received this error:

COMPASS-ERR
Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service

Going into the tools section, the compass reads 0,0,0,0 as if it is dead.

I have checked all of the connections and trouble shot as much as possible. I am not able to even get it to calibrate.

If there is anything I could do please let me know. I will call DJI when they open on Monday but would like to work on it today.
ajmerg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI P2 Compass Error

Got my DJI a week ago, flew fine the first day. Then is stopped.
It tuns on but does not initialize (as in the LEDs don't come on after start up) and gimbal does not engage.
Plugged it into my computer and received this error:

COMPASS-ERR
Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service

Going into the tools section, the compass reads 0,0,0,0 as if it is dead.

I have checked all of the connections and trouble shot as much as possible. I am not able to even get it to calibrate.

If there is anything I could do please let me know. I will call DJI when they open on Monday but would like to work on it today.
ajmerg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PH1 calibration error 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Support 2 View Post
Just to confirm that you are getting into compass calibration mode? If so, it takes a little more than 360 degrees of rotation for the lights to change. Also make sure you doing this outside with no magnetic or electrical interference. Check the connection of the ribbon cable at the compass and on the Phantom Board. It may have vibrated loose in shipment. If that still does not work, you compass may have come in contact with a magnet, a screwdriver etc. There are procedures to fix this available online. Try a YouTube search. If that does not work, I would contact your dealer for repair/replacement.
Hi,

Im having exactly the same issue with a PH1. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix the calibration and it will never turn green.
Did the dance, tried with the magnet, tried doing the advanced config, I opened it up and verified that everything is plugged in ok, I even tried using the compass from another DJI....everything!

Still getting the green light during horizontal calibration and then with vertical it will fail. With the software I can see that the GPS values are off the charts, between 5000 and 6000 and nothing will lower it.

Any other suggestions?
Sephiroth8912 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Boy talk about dragging up an old thread. Having said that...

If your dealer won't swap out the board you can buy them reasonably inexpensive.
Most places that carry the P1 line have the spare parts for them.
Helipal is a good source for P1 parts.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Boy talk about dragging up an old thread. Having said that...

If your dealer won't swap out the board you can buy them reasonably inexpensive.
Most places that carry the P1 line have the spare parts for them.
Helipal is a good source for P1 parts.
LOL....yea, I know right hahahaha....it was EXACTLY the same issue as mine...it was just TOO perfect

but well....would you say I would have to switch the whole board? or just the GPS + Compass?

Thanks
Old 12-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #39 (permalink)

Just the GPS/compass board. It's in the top of the shell covered with a slab of gray foam tape. Don't toss the tape. It doesn't come with the replacement.

I've been looking around some last night and this morning. That part is getting hard to find. You're going to have to do some serious shopping around. The average cost for that board is $159.00usd. I'm still looking around and will post back if some one has it in stock.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Just the GPS/compass board. It's in the top of the shell covered with a slab of gray foam tape. Don't toss the tape. It doesn't come with the replacement.

I've been looking around some last night and this morning. That part is getting hard to find. You're going to have to do some serious shopping around. The average cost for that board is $159.00usd. I'm still looking around and will post back if some one has it in stock.
Yes, that would be part 2 of the PH1. Just needed to know if that would solve this issue.

I actually have direct contact with DJI suppliers in my country, so if they still have some in the main factory then I can manage to get them straight from there. I will try to see if I can get some sent.

Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in