Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Rebate for G4 if you have 3.0 or 3.5 is out!!!

The rebate for G4 buyers just came out. The link is:

http://realflight.com/promos/rf-g4-rebate-form.pdf

Hope this saves some freaks a few bucks.

Robert
Fixation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs down

What??? What is merchandise credit? If you have to buy the new version before you can get the rebate, you can't use it for G4, right?

So, we have to buy another controller also, instead of being able to just get a software upgrade.

Only way to make it worth it is if you buy g4, then get the rebate (cash?), then sell g3.5

Not worth the effort, IMO. I don't need to fly over water in the sim THAT bad.

WTF... not good enough. (Oh yeah, I purchased mine about two weeks before May 1st... yipppeee!)
jaywhy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree. Totally lame on their part. Especially since there's not a whole lot that's changed in G4. They might offer a free software update later after they've met their early adoption sales figures. If they did it now, people would just buy 3.5 and do the update unless that is somehow time-limited too.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the post, you made me $30.
great_life2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

G4 is definately worth the investment, especially for beginners like myself. I imported the TREX 600E and have about 10 hours of practice time on it. When I first started I could not even hover. Thought I made a mistake getting into helis.

After 10 hours I can hover, forward flight, loops, rolls, and just started inverted flight. I practiced each step untill I could fly 3 sessions in a row about 5 mins. each and then land again without a mishap.

Still crashing inverted but getting better now.

Seems to be alot of frustration with previous owners of this sim not being able to convert all or any expansion packs they invested into G4. Understandable. Looks like only G3 and G3.5 .g3x files can be imported.

Quote:
I don't need to fly over water in the sim THAT bad
Got to tell you, it's a blast over water. Touch and goes with floats really helps hoan the skills.

On another note, 2 new trex 600's arriving today for assembly. One stock and one fully loaded (bling complete). Can't wait to start!
Billybuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhy View Post
What??? What is merchandise credit? If you have to buy the new version before you can get the rebate, you can't use it for G4, right?

So, we have to buy another controller also, instead of being able to just get a software upgrade.

Only way to make it worth it is if you buy g4, then get the rebate (cash?), then sell g3.5

Not worth the effort, IMO. I don't need to fly over water in the sim THAT bad.

WTF... not good enough. (Oh yeah, I purchased mine about two weeks before May 1st... yipppeee!)
I agree with you totally. They should have made the interlink controller compatible with G4 through a registration/providing unique ID process based on the controller serial number and price the G3.5->G4 upgrade to around $75 to be appealing to their current customers. The only cost to them is sending out new CDs.

They instead opted to charge for a new interlink controller (must have cost them $50 to make) along with software for $200. Who would need 2 interlink controllers anyway, especially the old one would not work on G4!!!

Choosing the latter strategy really fragmented their customer base which is already small to start with. The majority of the current G3.5 users who could not justify the $200 upgrade, would stay with G3.5. Only the new customers and G3.5 users, who must have the greatest gadget, move to G4.

Worst yet, they make G4 incompatible with G3.5 online flying feature so the user who does a lot of online flying will definitely stay with G3.5 or risks loosing a lot of his flying buddies!

I am staying with G3.5 since all the new bells and whistles don't justify the $200 upgrade cost!

Cheers,

Dan, KE6D

Last edited by ke6d; 11-27-2007 at 03:48 PM..
ke6d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just got my $75.00 rebate/merchandise certificate in today The only problem is that it has to be Mailed In to Tower Hobbies, but I can live with that. Not bad, it's been less than a month since I sent it off.
johndoe25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in