Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cgy 750 and 8FG Govenor menu calabartion.

Hi guys,
I been having an issues which i was unable to resolve. Orignal i had the 8FG Governor menu set for 2000 RPM. The unit and the 8FG would both display the same RPM but when it teck it, it would read much higher. For example 8FG & Unit would show 1625 but it would teck around 2100. So i decided to change it to 2500 RPM setting in the 8FG. Now the 8FG and teck are approximate correct but the unit reads much lower values. Now i did notice in the 8FG there is a Memorize function. Not sure what that does., but if you go to the last item on the Governor menu it ask you to press RTN. So is there a way of calibrating 750 to the 8FG?, Also does the 750 have a master reset? This is driving me nutts i had some crazy HS on my 600N 2380 was my max, I hope I did not damage my ys56.
knightofcarnage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same problem with a 10C,
I set the 750 box to the desired HS and in reality the HS is much higher.
I checked the gear ratio and it is set up correctly.
On the gov menu on the 10C the HS is attached to the flight modes and the values are: 1 - 50 - 100.
For now the 750 Box is set up to 1715 for Idle Up to give me 1950 but i think it has changed (for the worse) the overall performance of the device.
what am i doing wrong ??
Eranak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I as well am having major problems with the head permanately over speeding when in idle up modes. In my 8FG I have the idle 1 set at 1950 and when I activate the idle up switch it shoots to the top at around 2300+ and never settles down.

I'm flying the 750 in my Radikal G-30 gasser with and FBL head. My RPM sensor always reads 85-93% when the flywheel magnet passes the sensor so I should be getting a good read. I have also tried reducing the RPM in the 8FG down to 1600 and still no result. It's a bit frustrating considering I am limited to normal mode flight.

I have the same system in my Trex 600 nitro and it works fine in the idle up modes.

Not sure if the sensor is having problems reading the magnet on the Zenoha motor in flight or is there a setting in the expert menu that needs to be addressed.
propwashed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Propwashed, you may have to get one of these, http://www.thestatorgator.com/. I have not used them, but when I was looking into gassers, they are the sensors to use in place of the GV-1 sensor.
gbtan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have the LimitSetIdle and LimitSetHigh set correctly? Does the displayed % change as you'd expect when you move the stick for the Stick.SW setting. If the Limits are set reversed you'll see all manner of issues when the gov is turned on.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All you really have to do if you switch to the 2500 governor mode is reset your IDLE and HIGH limit in the unit's governor basic menu and then just synchronize your normal mode headspeed in the governor's basic menu using the + and - buttons on the unit. Then you'll notice your other headspeeds fall right into place.

The radio isn't sending a number like 1850, it's just sending the value of the governor channel position, so the unit needs to know what headspeed the NORMAL mode channel position represents and it can figure out the rest.
bkervaski is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The issue is that if the gov effect is inverted the head will potentially permenantly overspeed. This is made worse by the fact that inverting the direction seems problematic, see HERE and HERE.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want your Gov to work set it up same as a GV-1. On the 8fg Gov menu
select your units as % and set them to Normal as 0% IDLE 1 as 50% and Idle 2
as 100%

Now the 750 will behave same as GV-1 go the the RPM page and the points will
change to 1 2 and 3 as expected and you set your RPM as always.
Be sure to set your IDLE HIGH and gear ratio etc and it will work without any issues.
tduke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

CGY750 Should be on 2500 mode and they way I did mine was set up my 8FG with the three speeds I wanted then on the 750 gov menu if they did not match I adjusted them on the 750 to match my 8FG.
Eppler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

tduke is right. I tried 2000 mode and 2500 and could never get the 750 to read the same as my 12FG. Went to % for all three flt modes and changed the 750 display to read my HS. Now works perfect. Thanks guys. Why does Futaba make things soo complicated?
flyboynellor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in