Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro question

Hi everyone
Does anyone have experience with a JR G750T mems gyro system, I have it installed in a Trex 500e helicopter.
My problem is that the piro rate is to high and want to slow it down.

- Gyro JR G750T
- Servo DS8400G

Any information will be appreciated.
Best regards
uitsig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Re: Gyro question

Not familiar with that Gyro, but the usual course of action is to lower the rudder channel endpoints/travel adjust for a slower pirouette rate.

Sent from my phone
Old 10-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Not familiar with that Gyro, but the usual course of action is to lower the rudder channel endpoints/travel adjust for a slower pirouette rate.

Sent from my phone
Thanks for the information, I will test run your suggestion today. I've tried dual rates before, it seems to only narrowing the the amount of travel and not giving me a slower pirouette rate.

Regards
Old 10-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro G750T

Hi Bob O

This is just a follow up regarding your suggestion to adjust the endpoint on the rudder channel, I've tried that but the conclusion is that it only narrows the servo travel and it did not really slowing down the control input.

After watching some of the video clips in Finless Bob's Technical Room - Tips and how-To Videos he had a very good explanation about Dual rates101 and exponentials.
Like I stated before dual rates and endpoints did not do the thing but exponetials definitely.

I can adjust the rudder control with exponetials to a point where it is controllable for my hand. Maybe I did not explained or express my question correctly before. My problem is solved now and thanks again for your input.
Regards
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's like any other gyro (and I think I had the 750 or an align 780 in a past life) and all the Futaba's, etc pretty much use a separate ch for the GYRO rate..

You didn't specify what radio you are using but hopefully you're on a heli mode/mix.. CH5 is usually GY rate for ATX.. and that will allow you to adj your tail rate..

NOT by your tail servo limit or D/R limit.. that will cause you to crash because you will not have enough throw.
JasonA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
If it's like any other gyro (and I think I had the 750 or an align 780 in a past life) and all the Futaba's, etc pretty much use a separate ch for the GYRO rate..

You didn't specify what radio you are using but hopefully you're on a heli mode/mix.. CH5 is usually GY rate for ATX.. and that will allow you to adj your tail rate..

NOT by your tail servo limit or D/R limit.. that will cause you to crash because you will not have enough throw.
Hi JasonA
Thanks for your response, I'm not using any limits on the tail servo nor on dual rate mode... thay are all a 100%.
The only thing I did adjust was the limit pot on the gyro so that the pitch slider do not struck the hub or tail case.
- I'm using a Turnigy 9X radio.
- I've set the limits on the gear switch to 70% headlock mode and 32% in rate mode, any thing higher than 70% and the thing tail wags.
- I've setup 45% exponential s on the rudder channel 4 to make it less sensitive around the center of the rudder stick,otherwise it really shots to the left or right when given control input.
Can you please explain a bit more about the heli mode/mix taken from your note.
If you prefer to heli mode swash mix yes that is setup correctly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in