Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hobbyking HK 450se build ?

I just finished building the hk450se. I used thread locker on all screws going in to metal. I did a brief hover in the living room and seen one screw that goes in to plastic had came loose. I don't want to use CA glue. I was thinking model glue for plastic model kits or to try the Elmer's white school glue. Suggestions wanted.
tour1910 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

a good quality epoxy that is designed for metal and plastic would do. You may need to let it cure for a couple of days, depending on which type you are using.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using gorilla glue for stripped out LG and boom support screws (a 250). It seems to hold because the screw needs a quick initial snap to get it out for normal disassembly.

Last edited by jbilliter; 10-17-2015 at 05:28 PM..
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you should probably hover your heli outside... Of course, it is up to you, but I would hate for you to get hurt. Especially with screws coming loose...
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes, better to fly outside. IMO. i think you could use ca. could be easier to remove than the metal to metal threadlocked ones that always round off on a 450 frame. ca holds well but is very brittle. just use a tiny amount and it should be removable. certainly dont coat the screw with it. and that aplies to threadlocked ones too. unless you want a 3 hour job with a dremel next time u want to undo them lol. i hate 450 frames.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which screw has loosened? I have 2 of the HK se kits, admittedly the GT version, so lots of alloy parts.

Just wondering if its a part that could be replaced with alloy.

Cheers and enjoy

Ian
Old 10-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The newer HK kits are pretty darn good for the price, I believe they are made by Gartt now. I'm surprised a plastic screw backed out, maybe it was stripped? Its usually the metal ones you have to worry about.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know I wrote hover it was still not a safe thing to do. I was spooling it up to see if it would get lite on the skids it came up about an 1" or 2". I had also put weight on the skids to check blade tracking. So sometime during this the screw was coming loose on the plastic radius arm. I did go back and double check all the screws & then I did a hover outside. I just want to make sure what ever I use will hold and still be removable.
Some screws had a white color thread locker on them when I was going thru the heli to use blue thread locker so I cleaned them off & used the blue Loctite. Ian I would think Align would make the radius arms in alloy. My heli is the hk450gt v2 with the metal head & tail & carbon frame. I'm using Hitec HS-65HB servos on cyclic, Align DS425M & Align GP750 gyro, Thunder Tiger motor with Ace RC BLC-40 speed control with a DX6i. This is what I had in my Mini Titan at the time of the crash's so since Thunder Tiger is head in the direction their going in I decided to just buy budget heli that want cost so much to repair and have parts available for repair. I loved my Mini Titan but I had to pull the plug. When I did hover the HK450gt it was not bad at all I just kept waiting for a part to come flying off or something to go wrong and it didn't plus I have the option to use Align or Tarot parts as well as Hobbyking parts.

Thank you all.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yakky it wasn't stripped. I helped a friend with his Gartt 450L it seem to be a well built heli. The Hk450gt I got is not bad it has the main shaft with the main shaft lock ring & not a welded on piece like I seen in the HK450GT pro kit build video no screw heads stripped out & everything fit like it should. I had 1 bad part and that was the gear & pulley for the belt. I had a spare on hand from a copter x a friend gave me for working on the Gratt. For the money you can't go wrong. I would buy another one.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too, for sure. I think for anyone learning, they are the way to go. Cheap. Great learning tool for the build, and a complete kit of spare parts for next to nothing.

I built mine, both, for £120 each including 2 3s 2200's

Bargain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in