Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Madison,WI

Hi there! I've been a lurker for a little while and have been flying multi rotors for almost a year now. I started with some little nano's in the house, my current favorite now is the Pocket Drone 124, and then moved to some micro quads for outdoors, Husban 107C, Husban 107D, and then to the MJX 600 which is a great hexacopter to fly outside. Now I've been flying mostly Phantom 3s starting with the Standard, which I loved, but I sold and now I'm on to the Pro.

It is winter now and I'm not sure how much flying anyone will be doing in the next few months around the Madison, WI area. However, if there are any local pilots out there that would like some videos of their flying please PM me and let me know. I'd love to meet up with some other flyers in the area and I'd be more than happy to film any and all the flying you guys wanna do.
burntcircuits is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome. I am from Racine WI so maybe at a flying event we will meet. Indeed it will be next season due to the snow and cold. I have to say I am a Heli guy although I recognize the value of quads. But j just like how crazy helicopters can get. Here is a bit of info if you are interested. Good luck!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=720316
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm welcome! My brother is also a heli guy and he is the one that got me started. I've done some sim work with a heli and really love the challenge of helis as well. If it wasn't for mini 4k cameras I'd probably fly helis cause nothing is more pure fun than going fast for me. Everyday I feel like our world changes from "what can you do" to "what can you do with the technology available" and feel like the heli vs quad debate is an example of that.

Recently I started relearning the Adobe suite. Another great example of what was a "skill" 15 years ago that is now quickly becoming highlight here, click this box, let the software do its work.
burntcircuits is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which is precisely why I love helis. Yes there is a lot of technology in there moving from the not-so-old flybar to flybarless. Self leveling and rescue options as well as more control are benefits of technology on these machines. But they still remain a huge challenge to learn and much more to be proficient. But it still takes good old practice and skill to fly them well. Simulators help immensely but laws of physics and the sheer amount of variables still cannot be duplicated on a SIM. So being a Heli pilot is a really big challenge. One of the reasons I love this hobby. So much that can be done and that can be learned. I am just scratching the surface myself being at the beginning of my learning curve.

I am a tech guy myself and I love some quad concepts like FPV racing or how amazing videos can be taken by a stable flying quad. But it is different. Everyone likes different things so I am a Heli guy although as I said quads are much better than helis for certain tasks.

Again welcome!
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome. you might want to join the FB group called Wisconsin Heli Crew. Stuff get's posted up there about fun flys etc. Right now in Milwaukee we're flying in a golf dome late on Saturday nights. I know that SWARM had a warming shack set up and they're flying when the weather isn't horrible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in