Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Finally Installed Hi-Tec HS-65MGs Big Diff !

Finally got the servo ugrade recommended by my buddy. BIG difference! I should have done it al while ago! I noticed that these servos fit a little tighter than the stock servos. I had to pry them in a little bit. Satified with the overall upgrade though. At $35 each, pretty cheap "peace of mind" upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0407.JPG
Views:	2499
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	69683   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0411.JPG
Views:	2203
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	69684   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0412.JPG
Views:	1982
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	69685  

Last edited by seal; 11-18-2008 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: pix didn't upload
seal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yah I was about to ask you that on the other thread(align carry case). That your still using stock servos. Anything but stock is good, happy flying.
eugenefelisco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenefelisco View Post
Yah I was about to ask you that on the other thread(align carry case). That your still using stock servos. Anything but stock is good, happy flying.
Thanks...I still need to install the JR G770 Gyro and S3500G Servo tomorrow. I've just been busy Fianally getting around to it though.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Are you ordering your stuff in the US. Japan is near taiwan and china right. Sorry I'm just curious no punt. That tail set-up is the wicked, hope you like it.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you ordering your stuff in the US. Japan is near taiwan and china right. Sorry I'm just curious no punt. That tail set-up is the wicked, hope you like it.
I live in Japan but, I order all of my stuff from the states. Japan has very little E-Flite support (mostly Thunder Tiger, Kyosho, Hirobo here), I live on a military base so, I have a U.S. mailing address. I get stuff from A Main Hobbies in 4-5 days! Plus...The U.S. dollar is worth CRAP in Japan right now. I'm better off not exchanging U.S. Dollars to Japanese Yen right now.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seal, I would recommend you take those servos out and just file the frame a little bit so they are not a tight fit. The servo case might get a bit squished (is that a word) and cause some stress with gears.
DLBT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yah I like amainhobby also. I bought a couple of things in there fast shipping also. I haven't tried east coast yet just CA shops.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
I live in Japan but, I order all of my stuff from the states. Japan has very little E-Flite support (mostly Thunder Tiger, Kyosho, Hirobo here), I live on a military base so, I have a U.S. mailing address. I get stuff from A Main Hobbies in 4-5 days! Plus...The U.S. dollar is worth CRAP in Japan right now. I'm better off not exchanging U.S. Dollars to Japanese Yen right now.
Li-Pos are SUPER CHEAP though over here in Japan! In Tokyo, I bought 4 11.1V 2200 3S for $30 bucks each! Can't beat that!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBT View Post
Seal, I would recommend you take those servos out and just file the frame a little bit so they are not a tight fit. The servo case might get a bit squished (is that a word) and cause some stress with gears.
O.K...Thanks. I'll do that. Should there be lube on them? The stock servos had a kinda thin clear lube on them when I took them out.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Li-Pos are SUPER CHEAP though over here in Japan! In Tokyo, I bought 4 11.1V 2200 3S for $30 bucks each! Can't beat that!
Wow thats cheap maybe I'll pm you when I need lipos. And Seal just a suggestion on your tail set-up, maybe you can invest to a external bec as well coz the tail is going to be digital. I think this is a very good upgrade and a bit cheap but very effective.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Seal just a suggestion on your tail set-up, maybe you can invest to a external bec as well coz the tail is going to be digital. I think this is a very good upgrade and a bit cheap but very effective.

well worth the money..
JimBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow thats cheap maybe I'll pm you when I need lipos. And Seal just a suggestion on your tail set-up, maybe you can invest to a external bec as well coz the tail is going to be digital. I think this is a very good upgrade and a bit cheap but very effective.
What will a external bec do for me? I'm still pretty new to this stuff. I'm a converted R/C Buggy driver trying to be a pilot.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
What will a external bec do for me? I'm still pretty new to this stuff. I'm a converted R/C Buggy driver trying to be a pilot.
Well a couple of things on the top of my head. If your going digital like your tail set-up. The gyro and tail servo needs alot more amps. Then amps converts as heat in esc, the more amp draw the more heat. And the more heat esc shuts down and your quite history after that. So first is you solve the heat problem.

Then you have 6v running constant to your rx,servo,gyro and tail servo. So in the event of a esc thermal shutdown, you can still control your heli without motor power, like auto it to the ground.

Another thing is your tail is in constant hold regardless on how much the esc/motor drains your lipo. In my case before I have my ccbec my tail looses hold and wags halfway thru the lipo. I found out too much amp draw and the lipo can't supply enough volts to the tail and gyro.

I know there is alot more good things that this little upgrade can do. Wait and someone will give another point of view.

And don't worry Seal everybody is a amateur in one time so we keep on helping people keep thier helis off the ground. I came from buggies decades ago and planes last 2 yrs ago. If you need more help just ask we will take care of you.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Well a couple of things on the top of my head. If your going digital like your tail set-up. The gyro and tail servo needs alot more amps. Then amps converts as heat in esc, the more amp draw the more heat. And the more heat esc shuts down and your quite history after that. So first is you solve the heat problem.

Then you have 6v running constant to your rx,servo,gyro and tail servo. So in the event of a esc thermal shutdown, you can still control your heli without motor power, like auto it to the ground.

Another thing is your tail is in constant hold regardless on how much the esc/motor drains your lipo. In my case before I have my ccbec my tail looses hold and wags halfway thru the lipo. I found out too much amp draw and the lipo can't supply enough volts to the tail and gyro.

I know there is alot more good things that this little upgrade can do. Wait and someone will give another point of view.

And don't worry Seal everybody is a amateur in one time so we keep on helping people keep thier helis off the ground. I came from buggies decades ago and planes last 2 yrs ago. If you need more help just ask we will take care of you.
Thanks for the explanation. I get it. I forgot to say that I bought the Align 35Amp ESC ( Align RCEBL35X 35A Brushless ESC w/ Governor Mode ) a week ago. I guess I should get around to installing it at the same time I do my tail tomorrow. Cheers
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Thats the best. You can adjust the RPM constantly at around 2900 I think if you have stock head,tail grips and wood blades. I want to get that and put my stock esc to my trex450XL.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seal,

Judging by the pictures you posted, I would use the same hole on the servo arms. Make sure the pushrods are straight up and down.
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HS-65MG Upgrade

Yes I also did carve a bit out of the servo slot with my Exacto knife to make the HS- 65MG fit easier.

SKYDOG
skydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I get it. I forgot to say that I bought the Align 35Amp ESC ( Align RCEBL35X 35A Brushless ESC w/ Governor Mode ) a week ago. I guess I should get around to installing it at the same time I do my tail tomorrow. Cheers
your gonna need a bec with the align esc because there is only 2 amps dedicated to the receiver and with the hitec servos they draw more amps than stock and the stock esc has 3 amps dedicated to the rec hope this helps blade
Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladelearnin View Post
your gonna need a bec with the align esc because there is only 2 amps dedicated to the receiver and with the hitec servos they draw more amps than stock and the stock esc has 3 amps dedicated to the rec hope this helps blade
Thanks. I'll get a BEC ....DANG...more money to lie to the wife about....
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi There

I have just added these to my Blade 400, a part from mechanically levelling the swashplate what sort of adjustments did you need to make in the transmitter, I have a Spektrum DX6i

Thanks in advance

Regards
Robin
robinrcr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
65 mg, 65mg, blade 400, blade 400 servo upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in