Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1-minute battery life

Hi all,

I have an Axe 100 CP. I'll admit I have beat this little helicopter to death. 5 swash plates, 3 tail booms, 2 sets of main blades, a tail rotor, and two servos. It's not been treated well. However, with diligence on the sim, and flying my other stuff (a Nano QX, a Blade 200 SR-X, and a cheap FB heli from Radio Shack), I have grown a little better at hovering..... I think. I say I think because now the batteries don't last. Brand new batteries with two cycles. That's it. I have checked before and after voltage (4.7 and 3.7 respectively), and it just fades. I start in normal mode and it fades after about 45 seconds, so I put it in idle-up, and it goes for another 20 or so, then it's done. Tonight, I slapped another battery in, freshly charged, and it wouldn't rise more than about 4".

Any tips? Suggestions? I'm going to post this in the main forum, too, in case it isn't brand-specific.

Thanks!
Kevin
KevinPJF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe the motor. The brushed AXE 100 CP motors don't last that long. That was my only real issue with the 100 CP (my son and I had/have a few). Also, we have had much better results after we switched connectors to mini-Deans.

If all else fails, call Heli-Max support. I've received really great help from them before.

Good luck with it.
CBR240 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I replaced the motor. Didn't change anything. I'm almost to the point of giving up on it and buying a Nano CPX. I'll give HM a call before I do though. Thanks!

Kevin
KevinPJF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hummm, you replaced the motor already, so it's not that.

The other thing we did that made a HUGE difference for us, is as I mentioned above, we switched from the little white connectors (I forget what they are called) to all mini Deans connectors and it made a HUGE difference for us. Greatly improved the flight time we got from our batteries and the power of the Helis. Many are not willing to do this (I understand many don't solder), and most say this is not needed nor going to help. But for us, all of the batteries we had given up on, once on mini-Deans, gave us +3 min flights in idle up (and 5+ min normal mode) on our 100 CPs. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't experience it myself. I just don't see how we were loosing that much energy in the connectors.

There was already a thread here about that issue. Here it is.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=581838

Wow my post there was over a year ago. Can I use that as and excuse for why I didn't think of that thread earlier? All the batteries we had back then are still working fine. But you will see many in that thread experiencing the same thing.

Last edited by CBR240; 01-15-2015 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: I can't spell :-(
CBR240 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in