Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 470 skids on a 450

Seems like the skids are a direct replacement for the 450 Pro.

yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AWSOME

I love the fact that you don't even have to drill new holes or mod anything. The spacer idea works to get the tail off the ground but, I don't like that it makes the heli taller. I like a low profile. The 470L skids are perfect. Thanks Yakky.

T-Rex 450 pro dfc Scorpion 2221-8, 7200BX
450 pro dfc 360
NTM 1700kv/HB800
brainstain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default In the mail.

I've ordered a couple sets from medusa heli. I'll post some pics when I get them on.

T-Rex 450 pro dfc Scorpion 2221-8, 7200BX
450 pro dfc 360
NTM 1700kv/HB800
brainstain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool, you'll love them, they look even better in person.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me like!

Just to be sure, they are part # H47F001XX ?

Steve
Old 10-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERRATIC View Post
Me like!

Just to be sure, they are part # H47F001XX ?

Steve
H47F001XX is for white. Looks like yellow and black also exist.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Each one of my 450's got a set. It's nice not having to worry about the tail eating the dirt anymore. I did have to do a bit of fitting to get them on the SE V2 and a very little bit of light filing to get them the on the pro.

The SE V2 took the most work being that I had to make some mounts but it was worth the effort.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice, looks like i need one or two also. I wonder why it takes that long for this to come out.
AllanNg is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Das does 470 tail fin fit too? I am looking for more tail rotor ground clearance.
Thoemse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
Das does 470 tail fin fit too? I am looking for more tail rotor ground clearance.
How's that's going to help?

The skids forward tilted stance creates ground clearance with about 35-40mm, a larger fin is just a larger fin...
Old 10-25-2016, 05:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't it obvious

A longer fin will keep the blades from hitting the ground if you do happen to tap the tail by landing on a angle by mistake or on uneven ground.

If your tail fin is only a couple mm longer than the tail blades what's the point of even having a tail fin? The blades will still hit unless you're on a perfectly flat, hard surface. It's main purpose on most helis is to hit the ground before the tail blades do since they have little or no real aerodynamic effect.

Might matter on a speed heli or have a slight effect during a autorotation but I very highly doubt most would notice any difference in flight if they removed it. Protects the tail rotor, adds visibility and that's about it
Old 10-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Isn't it obvious

A longer fin will keep the blades from hitting the ground if you do happen to tap the tail by landing on a angle by mistake or on uneven ground.

If your tail fin is only a couple mm longer than the tail blades what's the point of even having a tail fin? The blades will still hit unless you're on a perfectly flat, hard surface. It's main purpose on most helis is to hit the ground before the tail blades do since they have little or no real aerodynamic effect.

Might matter on a speed heli or have a slight effect during a autorotation but I very highly doubt most would notice any difference in flight if they removed it. Protects the tail rotor, adds visibility and that's about it
Exactly this! You might as well not mount the tail fin otherwise. It is it's function! On my heli it only works if you start and land on concrete wich I don't want to since planks need the strip more than I do.

Long fin = landing in grass without replacing gears every other time. I thought that one was pretty obvious.
Thoemse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Absolutely. 35-40mm is just that, does help a little but a tiny bump of rear elevator or a wind gust from behind and that 35-40mm is 100% worthless when the fbl corrects for the wind and tilts your tail back 3+ inches.

Longer tail fin will do more than an angle can, chances are the angle was only put there to accommodate a longer tail fin if their goal was to protect the tail blades/gears ect. from damage.

I don't even like belted helis with tail fins that are only a hair longer than the blades, that's engineering to sell parts imho. Why else would they do something so silly
Old 10-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the poise...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9671.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	677381

Extend tail fin will add vibe and chance to hit the ground, l'll just leave it high up in the air. I always land backwards with auto and apply brake, and normal flat skid would bounce back and hit the tail if the front of of skid touch first and hard as the auto landing in a 450 is kind of controllable crash. I used to step on the front of skid HARD to get it tilted but this new skid is just perfect, I also can slide and land with some forward speed on lawn with ease.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9670.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	677382
johnniechang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Isn't it obvious

I'm fully aware of the function of the fin, also that unless you make the extension as long so you lean the heli on the tail fin on landing like a tripod, its not going to provide any extra clearance, just some extra protection when messing up... I never blame my FBL for it by the way....

Raising the tail by tilting the heli forward does give extra clearance thou, like I said, about 40mm on a 450L...

So its a difference between clearance and extra protection... by the way, tail blades on 470 is only 1mm longer so I'm not guessing the fin wont be a monster...
Old 10-25-2016, 11:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't even like belted helis with tail fins that are only a hair longer than the blades, that's engineering to sell parts imho. Why else would they do something so silly
By the way, if you touch ground with a belted heli, it will skip, if you do the same with a torque tube it will brush the teeth of the umbrella gear (not expensive on a 450ish, but annoying), so quite the opposite...
Old 11-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniechang View Post
I love the poise...
Attachment 677381

Extend tail fin will add vibe and chance to hit the ground, l'll just leave it high up in the air. I always land backwards with auto and apply brake, and normal flat skid would bounce back and hit the tail if the front of of skid touch first and hard as the auto landing in a 450 is kind of controllable crash. I used to step on the front of skid HARD to get it tilted but this new skid is just perfect, I also can slide and land with some forward speed on lawn with ease.

Attachment 677382
Where did you get those red iodized parts from and those cool looking tail blades? BTW nice heli

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livan75 View Post
I'm fully aware of the function of the fin, also that unless you make the extension as long so you lean the heli on the tail fin on landing like a tripod, its not going to provide any extra clearance, just some extra protection when messing up... I never blame my FBL for it by the way....

Raising the tail by tilting the heli forward does give extra clearance thou, like I said, about 40mm on a 450L...

So its a difference between clearance and extra protection... by the way, tail blades on 470 is only 1mm longer so I'm not guessing the fin wont be a monster...
Never blamed the fbl, blamed the gust of wind making the fbl do what it's supposed to do. Was really speaking hypothetically anyway, never had that happen but it's a slim possibility.

Mini auto all my helis down in grass without a second thought or even attempting to do it nice and tidy. If the tail chews grass then it chews grass. I am familiar with the issue but thanks for explaining it, my 180 already taught me about tail blade taps with a TT heli but it's so small I can mini auto all the hs off and let it flop the last foot into the grass..lol

Sounded like you were knocking a guy for wanting a longer tail fin and I easily understood his reasoning so I explained it since you asked what that was gonna do.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniechang View Post
I love the poise...
Attachment 677381

Attachment 677382
Won't add vibes, maybe accentuate the ones you already have and yes it will add to the chance of it hitting the ground. That's the whole point, it hitting the ground to keep the tail blades from doing it so your gears don't get stripped.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey johnniechang, Where did you get the CF control rod for the tail servo? How do you like it compared to the stock wire one.Like the heli too, might have to try out that landing gear. Thanks
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in