Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3 blade head

Hello, I have a GAUI X3L with a 3 blade head. I'm using a AR7200bx, In what position do the blades need to be in to set menu J and K. I did set menu J @ 6 degrees with the blade aligned with the fuselage and menu K @ 13 degrees with the blade 90 degrees from first set up point. The reason for asking is, when it's in the air it is real sluggish, the cyclic responds real slow. I'm using BK3001-HV servos @ 7.4 volts . I think my problem is in the set up. Has any one else had this problem ?? Thanks
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
Hello, I have a GAUI X3L with a 3 blade head. I'm using a AR7200bx, In what position do the blades need to be in to set menu J and K. I did set menu J @ 6 degrees with the blade aligned with the fuselage and menu K @ 13 degrees with the blade 90 degrees from first set up point. The reason for asking is, when it's in the air it is real sluggish, the cyclic responds real slow. I'm using BK3001-HV servos @ 7.4 volts . I think my problem is in the set up. Has any one else had this problem ?? Thanks
Your symptoms are not affected by your initial setup, control style B does.
Link up to Studio x and hover the mouse over the control style selections and rates and expo pops up. It is easier to set it to TX mode and use the rates and expo in the TX. Might also need to up cyclic gain and pot 2 cyclic forward feed.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
Your symptoms are not affected by your initial setup, control style B does.
Link up to Studio x and hover the mouse over the control style selections and rates and expo pops up. It is easier to set it to TX mode and use the rates and expo in the TX. Might also need to up cyclic gain and pot 2 cyclic forward feed.
I have my D /R @125 and my Expo @ 0. I did turn up port two on the AR7200bx and it did help somewhat, I still can not get that SNAP i'm looking for. In parameter menu, do I need to change the control behavior to extreme (blue flashing) to get the cyclic servos to respond faster ? It is in transmitter mode now ( blue solid ) I did change menu G (I have it off )
Old 02-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello,

when Parameter menu G is set to off you're using the custom value. Here the default is '20'. This is somewhere in between the 'increased' and 'high' preset. You could try to go even higher with menu G but usually this makes the helicopter even more sluggish and inprecise as it will cause continous oversteering of you cyclic inputs. If you feel that the response is somewhat slow and delayed in general, better turn up the Direct gain (Dial 2) and do not use so high values at menu G. In contrast to increasing dial 2 you could additionaly turn down the swash gain (dial 1) a little bit which will lessen the flybarless control und put away the "robotic feel".
freakware.com
Frenchdress is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
I have my D /R @125 and my Expo @ 0. I did turn up port two on the AR7200bx and it did help somewhat, I still can not get that SNAP i'm looking for. In parameter menu, do I need to change the control behavior to extreme (blue flashing) to get the cyclic servos to respond faster ? It is in transmitter mode now ( blue solid ) I did change menu G (I have it off )
Don't go back to extreme, it wont give you what you have now.
Ya I upped pot 2 on all of mine after setting the gain
Did you max out you limits, L when setup?
If you got the Blue led early during the cyclic 6 deg setup maybe move the balls out the horn to speed up your input? It would have to come on around early 5s.
Head speed high enough?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although I don't use D/R myself (I use servo travel adjustments on mine instead) I'm surprised that with your D/R up to 125 it isn't sufficiently quick enough.

What radio are you using?

I can tell you wholeheartedly that on my DX8 with D/R at 100 and servo travels on aileron and elevator turned up to 122 that my 7200 flies *significantly* faster than it does at 100. I've played around with other settings, but that is the one consistent setting that will wake up a 7200 (or BX) in a way that has suited me. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it; I'd put D/R back to 100 and then start upping the servo travel. Once you get it above 110 or so it will come alive.

Also, as bad007 mentioned, what headspeed are you running?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Skidpad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
Although I don't use D/R myself (I use servo travel adjustments on mine instead) I'm surprised that with your D/R up to 125 it isn't sufficiently quick enough.

What radio are you using?

I can tell you wholeheartedly that on my DX8 with D/R at 100 and servo travels on aileron and elevator turned up to 122 that my 7200 flies *significantly* faster than it does at 100. I've played around with other settings, but that is the one consistent setting that will wake up a 7200 (or BX) in a way that has suited me. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it; I'd put D/R back to 100 and then start upping the servo travel. Once you get it above 110 or so it will come alive.

Also, as bad007 mentioned, what headspeed are you running?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
This is what I do, /\/\/\ increase servo limits and if I feel the need t rerun setup I reset back to defaults. I to was thinking about D/R, guess I should have been more specific
Old 02-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
This is what I do, /\/\/\ increase servo limits and if I feel the need t rerun setup I reset back to defaults. I to was thinking about D/R, guess I should have been more specific
Understood. IMHO, the default settings on a BX are too slow for my liking, luckily with a little tweaking it can be tuned to sing. I'm curious to see what the OP comes up with
Old 02-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Snap /Crackle / Pop, I got it. I'm using a Dx8 , Head speed is ? I have a 11 tooth main motor gear with the stock main gear @130 tooth. I did reset menu J @ 6 degrees with the blades aligned with the fuselage and menu K @ 13 degrees with the blades apx. 120 degrees from first set up point. I adj. pod two on the AR7200bx up 1/4 turn, and adj. pod one 1/4 turn down. In parameter menu B (control behavior) I went back to transmitter, and in parameter menu G I have it off. The D/R is back @ 100 and the expo is @ 0 . After flying it with these settings it was much faster but I wanted more, so I set the travel on the aileron, elevator @130 and now it is so fast it feels like it wants to rip the head off !!!! I am going in the right direction, so with a little more tuning I should be able to get it to feel like my two blade helis. Thanks for all the segg. With out you guys my GAUI X3L would still be flying like a drunken elephant. Thanks Pat
Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great Yep any defaults in the control behavior are dumbed down bad. Got my first BX and didn't know what to expect and read so many times to set up for sport. Crap, no cyclic or rudder response and took to HF and BX support jumped in and 2 flights latter shazam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in