Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KOSMIK and JLog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
.., just gotta decide on which heli to get with it!
Cheers.
A Minicopter Diabolo of course !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KOSMIK and JLog

Unit already in Buenos Aires and has cleared Customs. I'll have it tomorrow for sure!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #43 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Tom, what happened to the voltage monitor? Is this not showing only if using SBUS? Or is this just about the headings on the transmitter. Apologies on my ignorance on this.

Thanks, Geoff.

Tribe3 - seriously considering!
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean..

The Rx itself is a sensor, fix occupying the first slot in the first frame.

Here the RX provides alternating the Rx voltage and an external voltage if connected to the Rx sensor port.

So, without having any S.BUS2 sensor you always have the Rx voltage at least as long as a RX is existent and has a link to the transmitter.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KOSMIK and JLog

It's here!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to know.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #47 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Smile

Great to see marcosp!

Tom, I think I'm just a bit confused about the SBUS protocol vs. what comes to the Futaba transmitter and how it is displayed. With the mention of 5 temp sensors it appeared something happend to the other types of sensors. The voltage I was referring to was the main supply ie. 6S on my bird which I expect will be provided in a sensed form to the JLog via the HJ. I probably just need to play with it once I can purchase it

Cheers.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no sensor "JLog" in a Futaba terminal. Well, I proposed the development of Futaba a sensor "ESC+", the data structure etc.

We have to "abuse" existing sensors (in the terminal (transmitters, Robbe T-Box) firmware).

Until last Wednesday and still for the T-Box (because its firmware is too old) we use the following 8 sensors, in this order:
VARIO-F1712 - VARIO-F1712 - VARIO-F1712 - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - GPS-F1675

Now, after the current sensor F1678 has appeared (3 displays, "Current (A)", "Voltage (V)", "Capacity (mAh)") and the rpm sensor SBS-01 - we can (should!) use the new JLog firmware applying:
CURRENT-F1678 - RPM SBS-01RM/O - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - TEMP125-F1713 - CURRENT-F1678 - TEMP125-F1713

...so units in display and voice messages are more "native".
On the other hand we avoid more and more upcoming problems by the fact that the terminals for some data items do not show what we put on the bus, then what the "calculated" by itself, - regarding all "Altitude" in varios and GPS and "GPS-Distance".

It's not easy with Futaba and the "creativity" of the guy in the development there.. I do not know what the smokes.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the DX18 and BD 3X with sats only. I want to get telemetry from my Kosmik so, how can I make this work with the jlog? do I have to go to a full receive to allow me connect the t1000?
ncampion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just power the TM1000 from anywhere. TM1000's x-bus runs into JLog's x-bus connector. Purchase a Horizon harness SPMA 9580 for the connection TM1000--JLog.

Connect JLog ("KOSMIK connector") to KOSMIK (one of the three options ports) by the 5-wire harness provided w/ JLog.

Because of crazy voltage at powerup by the BEC design bug (KOSMIK, JIVE Pro): remove the plus wire from the "KOSMIK harness" and power JLog through its "JIVE connector" from clean voltage out of an Optipower BEC guard. (KOSMIK BEC's master/slave routed through the BEC guard)

If the TM1000 gets clean voltage: no need to power JLog through its "JIVE port", this is done via the x-bus connector of JLog (supply voltage from/of the TM1000).

Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coool. I use a 2s lipo buffer pack. Can I use that for power? I already bought the jlog 2.6gw and then thought about the fact that I only uses sats.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, 2S as power supply voltage is no problem to JLog2.x.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for such a quick and comprehensive reply
Old 06-16-2015, 03:12 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've powered the TM1000 from the FBL Unit via the data port, then connected the Xbus cable between the TM1000 and jlog. I use a buffer pack and plug this in first and it powers the FBL, TM1000 and the jlog. I unplugged the positive wire from the Kosmik harness on the jlog side and then plugged the other side into the Kosmik. I setup ESC in the telemetry but when I plug in the main pack I don't see any values. What's going on? The site is down at the moment so I couldn't get anything from there.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

JLog and TM1000 need to be powered at the same time!

Reason: The TM1000 does a bus scan for sensor addresses, unfortunately (and senselessly) within few milliseconds after its power-up. At that time JLog is still in his boot loader which is waiting for the SD card to get ready.
That's why JLog freezes the bus (TWI), bus scan going on hold, until it is ready to answer. That this can work JLog have to be powered not later than the TM1000 (scanner)!
JLog is powered via the x-bus harness, so starting together w/ the TM1000.

The green LED on JLog is flashing? (flashing indicates receiving data from KOSMIK)
JLog must be powered and connected to KOSMIK at the time the ESC starts up!
Reason: KOSMIK scans its options ports for devices only at power-up.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm powering TM1000 and jlog at the same time via lipo 2s and all of the 4 leds on the jlog stay on. Once the jlog and tm1000 have powered up I connect the Kosmik. What's going on - no telem on DX18 screens ESC etc.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
all of the 4 leds on the jlog stay on
What means that you still have the hardware test firmware (from production process) on it.

Check "version.txt" which JLog creates during a run.

Means, you need to flash the required firmware on JLog. Selector for JLog2.6.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Tom, figured that out but was really in the dark when the site was down. Great to see it up again. Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi... bumping an old thread... I have a jlog2.6gw which i am planning to use with the Kosmik 200 and my 14sg.

I don't have the prog disk for the kosmik, is there any special programming that needs to be enabled or changed in the kosmik to allow it to transmit telemetry via Jlog?
X7F#1-Xnova 4530-525, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
X7F#2-HK4525-520 LE, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
suthae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

No. You just need to know what the release of the firmware is flashed to the ESC. This is a KOSMIK, also logging by itself, noting the firmware release in the header of each log file.

To know the firmware release is important because latest firmwares 4.6 and 4.8 have a bug in the output of rpm to JLog. We need a workaround for that, a special firmware for JLog (with "kwa46" in the firmware file name - see firmware downloader http://j-log.eu/wp-content/plugins/JAD/jad26.php) - as well as some setting of the ESC and JLog:
- ESC: real motor pole number, gear ratio 1:1
- JLog: pole number == 2, real gear ratio

That means: unfortunately you will need an USB interface (USB to serial) to be able to do that setting by Kontronik's Windows software K-Konfig.
USB interfaces officially supported by K-Konfig:
- ProgDisc
- ProgUnit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in