Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CPII What can I say

Well I think today was the first true test of CPII since I purchased and installed it on my T-Rex600NSP.

The weather was fine, half cast but sunny and the lightest of wind if any. Went to the field and did a bit of angle trimming and then took off with CPII switched on took her up high and let the cyclic go, she stayed planted level exactly where I left her as I was walking back towards the benches to show off to my mates .

I must say it is good, very good and works very well on Nitro machines too:Y eaBaby::thumbu p:

So I guess one can say that if I ever had any doubts they are all gone
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250
No such luck here, we seldom see the sun but we know it is there

You see, climate change! Now try inverted flying just like I did, but remember not to do it at dusk!
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
Well I think today was the first true test of CPII since I purchased and installed it on my T-Rex600NSP.

The weather was fine, half cast but sunny and the lightest of wind if any. Went to the field and did a bit of angle trimming and then took off with CPII switched on took her up high and let the cyclic go, she stayed planted level exactly where I left her as I was walking back towards the benches to show off to my mates .

I must say it is good, very good and works very well on Nitro machines too:Y eaBaby::thumbu p:

So I guess one can say that if I ever had any doubts they are all gone
I do the same thing and just let my bird hang while I swat a bug or look around to relex my eyes.
vanguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I made one error, that between flights I switched my heli and radio off to save on battery. As the clouds changed position and the temp map has slightly changed, I found the perfect trim I had on the first flight has altered and it drifted a bit so I had to re-trim the angles.

Anyway as I get more experience flying with CPII, I am sure things will make more sense and become easier
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great news Pril

Quick question, will CP II hold an inverted hover like Helicommand or does it try to flip the bird over right side up?

Keep the reports coming Buddy!

Mel
Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have not yet configured inverted (walk before run principal) but as I understand things once you configure inverted flight mode, and switch on CPII after inverting it should know what it is doing and shouldn't try and flip back
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
Great news Pril

Quick question, will CP II hold an inverted hover like Helicommand or does it try to flip the bird over right side up?

Keep the reports coming Buddy!

Mel
If you programmed the system for inverted flight it will hold inverted, FF inverted, back inverted, turn inverted...remember to be in level flight and turn the heli inverted, at that time move you switch to inverted and the CP II will hold it that way as far as you dont roll too much, if you do that the system will understand you want to cancell inverted and will go back either to level flight or CP II Off depending on how you had programmed it on your preferences.
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in