Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MMRCHA Presents 2013 Spring Fling Funfly

I am proud to announce 2013 Spring Fling Helicopter Funfly. The dates for the event will be May 17 - 19, 2013. As others can confirm, this is a fun event and the pilots are well taken care of. You never know what you may see as well, last year several full scale pilots brought their machines in and put them on display!!

Again for 2013, we will be providing lunch and dinner for the pilots on Saturday the 16th.

Pre-registration is now open. For 2013 to help with pre-registration we have posted and will be using RC Flight Deck. To register, please go to

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...?event_id=1313

and click on Pilot Registration. Pre-registered pilots will be guaranteed to receive our very unique event shirts. 2012 shirts were seen at various events last year and in fact people at IRCHA came by our tent asking if they could purchase them. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that those that register onsite will get one so get your pre-registrations in.

For more information feel free to visit our club website http://www.mmrcha.org.

We will also be manning a booth at the Toledo show so come by, see our prototype 2013 event shirts, get more information about our club and Spring Fling 2013

See you there!!!!
rocket_33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is camping allowed?

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes camping is allowed. There are no hookups but yes bring your camper (or tent).
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! I've missed this event the last two years and I'm anxious to get out there!

Scott

Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will be happy to have you. Be sure to go to our club website http://www.mmrcha.org and check out the pictures from the previous years. Any questions feel free to ask

Randy
Old 02-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thought you might like to see a photo of one of the flyers arriving at our event last year
Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem with a Class A motor home? If not, then look for something big pulling up! I'll pre-register Friday.

Scott

Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Class A motorhome is no problem. We had two or three the other year.

See you then!!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Registrations are starting to come in. Be sure and get them in before the deadline so you don't miss out on the really cool event shirts. These are by far the BEST out there, and it is a pretty good event to attend as well!! No where else do you get a one of a kind shirt that you would be proud to wear anywhere, but get a great lunch AND dinner as well!!! No hotdogs here!!!

Come out and have a great time. Also, for those attending the Toledo show, stop by the MMRCHA booth and say hello. You can even register at the show.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33 View Post
I am proud to announce 2013 Spring Fling Helicopter Funfly. The dates for the event will be May 17 - 19, 2013. As others can confirm, this is a fun event and the pilots are well taken care of. You never know what you may see as well, last year several full scale pilots brought their machines in and put them on display!!

Again for 2013, we will be providing lunch and dinner for the pilots on Saturday the 16th.

Pre-registration is now open. For 2013 to help with pre-registration we have posted and will be using RC Flight Deck. To register, please go to

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...?event_id=1313

and click on Pilot Registration. Pre-registered pilots will be guaranteed to receive our very unique event shirts. 2012 shirts were seen at various events last year and in fact people at IRCHA came by our tent asking if they could purchase them. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that those that register onsite will get one so get your pre-registrations in.

For more information feel free to visit our club website http://www.mmrcha.org.

We will also be manning a booth at the Toledo show so come by, see our prototype 2013 event shirts, get more information about our club and Spring Fling 2013

See you there!!!!
So where is this at? I guess somewhere around Toledo?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The event is being held west of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. The dates of the event are May 17-19, 2013. MMRCHA will have a display booth with information about this and other events we host at the Weak Signals Toledo Trade show. Please feel free to stop by our booth, ask questions, and register to attend.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Event Shirts - Can't attend the event? You still can get a shirt!!!

People have asked about the shirts because they are really cool!!!. You may have seen them at Toledo and those who haven't, I will post a jpeg of the preliminary shirts.
These shirts are given to all PRE registered pilots for our event. At the show though, we had some people ask if they could buy a shirt or more even though they cannot attend the event.

What MMRCHA will do is for those who do want a shirt but don't think they can attend, register for the event anyway. Let us know you are unable to attend and we will send you your shirt. That way you too can be stylish at events later this year.

You will not find shirts anything like this at all at any event. People stopped me at IRCHA asking if they could buy them so don't miss out.

Remember pre-registration closes in a little more than two weeks. All shirts will be ordered then. If you miss out, you will have to wait until 2014
Old 04-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pre-registration ends in one week

Don't forget, pre-registration ends in one week. Only those who pre-register will get the most unique event shirts ever seen. Some of you may have seen the prototype shirts being warn by club members at the Toledo show.

Get those pre-registrations in now so you don't miss out.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Last day to pre-register

Down to less than a day before Pre-Reg ends and your last opportunity for one of these incredible event shirts.

The final design for the 2013 event is below. Hope you like it!!!!

Remember you can still attend, register on site, have a great time flying and enjoy some incredible food!!!! And when you see the shirts, you will definitely plan on pre-registering for the 2014 event!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MMRCHA2013T.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	415540  
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The Event is Here!!!

The field is set up, the big tent is up but who will need it....the weather will be wonderful!!!!

The pork shoulder is smoking for awesome goodness for lunch and the rib & chicken are being prepped for dinner.

This will be another great event!!!

The pilot prizes are in and the general raffle prize is an awesome one!!!

Thanks to Prop Shop Hobbies in Warren, Michigan, the general raffle prize will be a Blade 550 X Pro Series Combo!!! Tickets will be sold starting tomorrow on site. The drawing for the prize will be at the conclusion of the event on Sunday BUT you do not need to be present to win.

Announcement of the general raffle prize winner will be posted online here as well as on our website. We will contact the winner and arrange delivery of the prize.

The pilot raffle will occur Saturday evening during dinner.

A couple of bummer things though. The first one is that unfortunately we made the time between the end of pre-registration and the event date too tight this year and as of right now, the shirts have not arrived. I am hoping they will arrive tomorrow (Friday) so you guys can get them during the event. In the likelihood that they do not arrive in time, we will send the shirts out to all that pre-registered and we will include something with them as an apology for our not getting them in time. For those that did not register in advance and have emailed asking if there were any extras, once we find out if we have extras we will contact you in the order you registered on site to find out what size you are looking for and if we have them. If so we will send it out to you.

The other bummer is that I have been called out for a work project and won't be there. We have a great club and the MMRCHA guys have done a great job. Just leave me a little bit of the ribs ok ....and have a GREAT TIME!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Suffice to say you were missed Randy and Scott!

Randy - the event was terrific. Everyone was having a terrific time! It was great to see old friends, and meet some new ones. Friday weather wasn't so great, but I still got in some flying. But...Saturday...was even better than last year. Sunny skies, low 80's, and an east breeze made it super comfortable all day long.

Everyone was having fun and great times...and lots of flying. See everyone at Mid America!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for another great event!!!!

2013 Spring Fling has come and gone and on behalf of myself and MMRCHA we really want to thank you for attending.

I also want to personally thank MMRCHA club members Bill Dittenber, Nick & Dan Cassavaugh for all of the help in preparation and running of the event. I also want to thank my friends Rodrigo & Trisha for driving up from Detroit and being not only the photographer but helping at registration. Also a big thanks to Cindy Peters for being the Contest Director of the event.

2013 was our fourth year holding this event and it was another great one. When MMRCHA first decided to host this event four years ago, the most important thing to us as a group was to have a good time and leave with great stories and I am sure this year was right on target.

Just a couple of things I want to let you guys know and my apologies. As you know we have really awesome event shirts and these are actually done by a company that does crew shirts and uniforms for race teams that compete in NASCAR, IRL, and NHRA. I have known these guys for years and they really help out. This year unfortunately we had some issues. One of the issues I was afraid was going to happen is we try to extend pre-registration until the last possible moment so everyone can register and get one of the cool shirts. This year I pushed it until appx two weeks before the event. Well it bit me in that the NASCAR All Star Race and Indy Qualifying was all on the same weekend and the company was swamped with team orders resulting in our not getting them on time.

All pilots who pre-registered will be getting their shirts mailed to them as soon as they arrive. Those who ordered extras will get them mailed with their pilot shirts. As an extra and an apology for this mistake, ALL registered pilots (those that registered on site) will be getting a shirt. We are in the process of contacting those who registered on site to verify your shirt size.

One other thing, we will be placing a small token of our appreciation in the box.
Those who missed the event, the pictures can be found here

I want to take a moment to thank our event sponsors because without them we would not be able to put on this event

Woodruff Lake Airport Association for providing us a great facility
Sureshot Barbeque - Great food (though I didn't get any lol)
Garr Tools
Hobbico
Hitec
Prop Shop Hobbies
Experience R/C
KBDD International
RC Booya
Morgan Fuels

Again thanks to all who attended and see you at Spring Fling 2014. Mark your calendar for May 16 - 18, 2014!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in