Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade SR either the tail is too strong or the rotor to weak

Hi Everyone
My brother gave me his wrecked Blade SR (not the 120 SR but the SR none the less) and so I was able to fix it and do a set up on it and got it looking and working really nice...

So I poped over to my driveway and tried to spool the thing up only is spun counter clock wise so hard it lifted up and slammed itself down on the concrete so hard that I had to fix her all over....

Take two.....
I fixed her and now have her back into to flying shape....however the tail blows so hard that I am afraid that it will do the very same thing....

So I turned the button (or screw or what every you want to call the thing) in the Gyro all the way down and then did a slight bench test......the tail still blows so hard that I am sure it will do the same thing....

So now I am at a loss of what I need to do to balance this thing out to get her to fly...

Can anyone help me please.?

Thank you
Clifford

Oh....and by the way,,,,I have her bound to my Dx8 Tx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the tail motor wiring they might be backwards or damaged. Anytime i had tail trouble it was due to the wires. My sr has been the most trouble free blade i have and has been crashed 20Xs more than my other helis. My son has been smashing mine around 2 weekends in a row but nothing broke that couldnt be glued back together. Sounds strange since ive always had probs with it not working or being weak, never had a prob with it spinning too fast. I have a little time this morning ill see if i can get mine to do that and see what causes it. Although im sure someone here ardy knows exacty what the prob is.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might be in your tm settings or possibly fixed with them. I use a 6i on mine with stock settings just switched the model type to heli and it flies perfect. Im only an intermediate pilot and a noob heli mechanic so im only guessing.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Check the tail motor wiring they might be backwards or damaged. Anytime i had tail trouble it was due to the wires. My sr has been the most trouble free blade i have and has been crashed 20Xs more than my other helis. My son has been smashing mine around 2 weekends in a row but nothing broke that couldnt be glued back together. Sounds strange since ive always had probs with it not working or being weak, never had a prob with it spinning too fast. I have a little time this morning ill see if i can get mine to do that and see what causes it. Although im sure someone here ardy knows exacty what the prob is.
I did that already...looked like they were attached just fine....
Usually when this happens (on my mcpx) it means the tail plug has been unplugged...but this....

I had it on my table, spooled it up while my hand held the landing skids and I could feel the tail just push on the boom....so I know that it is working...just too much...
Old 03-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weird maybe your main motor is getting weak so your tail motor is winning the battle between the two. Does your tm trim have any effect on it? Even if its messed up in some way you might be able to make it fly with trim if the sr is just for playing around with. Had to clear snow this mornin so i didnt get a chance to play around with my sr yet.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is so beat up its hilarious but amazing it still flies. Ive just used the trims on my tm to keep it flying straight..lol
Old 03-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Weird maybe your main motor is getting weak so your tail motor is winning the battle between the two. Does your tm trim have any effect on it? Even if its messed up in some way you might be able to make it fly with trim if the sr is just for playing around with. Had to clear snow this mornin so i didnt get a chance to play around with my sr yet.
Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking.....
I have not done a thing in my Tx just yet....I was kind of hoping that someone could lead me in a correct direction so that I did not have to spend tons of time in the diagnostic stage....but oh well....I just printed out the manual and am reading it and have some ideas that I will have to try when I get home....

clearing snow.....oooooohhh.....have not done that in 11 years now........in fact I am getting used to sitting on my back porch in shorts and a t-shirt on christmas and new year's day.....then off to the fly field for laughs...........
Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah im surprised noone else has said anything there has to be quite a few ppl on here that would know exactly what the prob is. You prob know way more than i do about these things but figured id give my 2 cents since even pros get hung up thinkin the prob is complicated when its just something simple. I hope you find the prob without too much hassle.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah im surprised noone else has said anything there has to be quite a few ppl on here that would know exactly what the prob is. You prob know way more than i do about these things but figured id give my 2 cents since even pros get hung up thinkin the prob is complicated when its just something simple. I hope you find the prob without too much hassle.
Well after pouring thru the manual I found that there is a proportional mixer pot on the esc that you can adjust by turning the bird upside down.
So I did this....
and it works.....it turned down the strength of the tail motor....
so then I did a basic set up on the bird
configured my radio and used very low settings for the throttle and Pitch curve
set it down on the floor of my family room and gently started to spool up....

The bird picked up and then flew backwards up to my face....
I used my Dx8 to block

now I need a new Dx8 antenna!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to make major trim adjustments to get mine to hover right. I thought it was because it is beaten like a redheaded stepchild but maybe these birds all require being trimmed unlike my othr blade helis. This hobbie can be really frustrating at times, especially when u spend a bunch of $ and time on one and it just wont fly right. Sounds like your headed in the right direction at least. Bummer about your tm i woulda rather been hit in the face...
Old 03-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I had to make major trim adjustments to get mine to hover right. I thought it was because it is beaten like a redheaded stepchild but maybe these birds all require being trimmed unlike my othr blade helis. This hobbie can be really frustrating at times, especially when u spend a bunch of $ and time on one and it just wont fly right. Sounds like your headed in the right direction at least. Bummer about your tm i woulda rather been hit in the face...
Yeah...well I am ugly enough already....don't need any extra help there ......

I did solder the antenna wire together last night....it seems like it is working ok.....but I guess for $12.50 I may just buy a new one......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in