Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default loosing control

I have noticed that when the batt gets low it has a mind of its own and I have no control over it and it takes off. Is this normal? Ive tried rebinding it serveral times.
varacer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by varacer View Post
I have noticed that when the batt gets low it has a mind of its own and I have no control over it and it takes off. Is this normal? Ive tried rebinding it serveral times.
What battery's are you running ? I'm guessing the stock one's with have been know to not be all that great. How many cycles have you run the battery's ? At what rate have you been charging the battery's ?

I'm guessing it's an internal resistance issue with the battery's. But I'm pretty much a noob my self for the most part. So take my advice with a grain of salt. But I would say get some nano-tec and just run the stockc battery's for abit less time till they crap all the way out and toss them.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ade_mCPx_.html
LokiNexus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find that as the battery gets low the tail is mush less solid. I try and keep my flights short enough so that this doesn't happen.
if your flying several packs back to back the motors may get hot and exasperate the problem.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

they are stock batts but its not just the tail, the whole heli takes off like I'm not in control at all I have to hit the TH to get it to come down.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by varacer View Post
they are stock batts but its not just the tail, the whole heli takes off like I'm not in control at all I have to hit the TH to get it to come down.
I have had the same kind of troubles with msrx stock battery's and it was the internal resistance causing the problem because I over discharged them too many times and charged them at too high a rate.
They would fly but were sporadic to say the least, Flight times were hit or miss, sometimes the bird would just shoot off in an uncontrolled manner, sometimes it would just piro around in circles. Or sometimes it would seem to hit low power cut off and drop only to regain power on it's own, most times before it hit the ground but not always.
LokiNexus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

so moving the sticks does nothing, or just not what you expect?
does the tail hold?

you may have a sticking servo.
if one servo sticks then the heli will react very strangely and will be impossible to fly.

put throttle hold on and watch the servos move when you move the sticks.
they should move smoothly and not get stuck.
you can clean the servos which might be worth a try.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm sure its not the servos. It only does this towards the end of the flight and it usually just gives itself alot of positive pitch and likes to climb but I have been able to recover it and keep flying a bit.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default VAR

You must not run your batteries until low voltage cut off.

From a full charge run them no more than 3:30 Not Ever or you will destroy them in short order. If you do not have a timer on your radio. Get a timer with a bell or buzzer.
If you are using stock batteries charge them at .2 if you want them to last more than 3 weeks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-QyHiiqUI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Hope this helps you.
Ron
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Er... I've been flying mine at 4:00 since day one, and my original packs still run just fine. Including a number of over-flights between 20-50s. Also have been charging at 0.3A, though the manual states to charge them at 0.5-0.7 and MANY people do so with zero ill effects.

Really, more to the point is that you should try flying one pack normally to the LVC (just not REGULARLY) then dial back the timer by 30 seconds to get a rough full-flight-time. Can also check the voltage after a flight to make sure you aren't being over-hard on them with any standard voltmeter. If you switch to flying 3D or more enthusiastic FFF, dial it back by another 30 seconds or so for safety.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzzaudae View Post
If you are using stock batteries charge them at .2 if you want them to last more than 3 weeks.
I have to disagree with this statement... I still have the stock batteries that came with my V1, i charge them at .7 every time, and they're still fine. No puffing, and still approximately the same length of flight time as a new pack.

For how cheap these batteries are, why torture yourself with a near hour long charge per battery?
XtReMe98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtReMe98 View Post
I have to disagree with this statement... I still have the stock batteries that came with my V1, i charge them at .7 every time, and they're still fine. No puffing, and still approximately the same length of flight time as a new pack.

For how cheap these batteries are, why torture yourself with a near hour long charge per battery?
i have about 16 200-350mah batteries i use with my stock mcpx, when i first got it charged at .7 because thats what the manual said, then i read after a while that i should charge lower so i did. I never noticed a difference and have only lost 1 battery, a hyperion 250mah that never puffed it just crapped out but the other all still run good as new. I dont think it matters much either.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in