Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gyro gain channel

I am converting fron AR6110 Rx to Sat and wonder what channel would control gyro gain from 9303 Tx. On AR6110 it was Gear channel. Would it be possible to use Gyro gain in the Tx? Thanks.
vertualex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe you should select the gear channel for the gain. This will activate the gyro sens menu in the transmitter.

On my DX7 during set up, the channel assignment reads:

AUX 2 GEAR
AUX 2 GYRO

S
Old 08-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The JR radio is different than the DX-7 regarding Gyro Sense. The DX-7 can use either Gear or Aux2, where the JR only does Aux2 for Gyro Sense. You can still use Gear for gyro, you just have to make adjustments in the Governor menu. Or you can set up the JR radio for endpoints on the Gear or Aux channel for gyro gain.

But I think the question was how to get the MB setup to recognize the signal from the transmitter to control gain. Not sure though. I read the manual a little, and it seems to me that satellite receiver is considered a single line receiver, and therefore channel assignments must be made. Not sure about that though. Having no experience in setting up the MB for anything other than a standard receiver, I'm sorry I can't offer any advice.

Hopefull the guys running the satellite receiver will chime in.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, Bob O, that is exactly my issue - I do have it currently setup with AR6110 receiver and gain is controlled on gear ch. by adjusting travel +100% and -100% for heading hold and rate mode respectively. That is understood. And the question is what ch. I have to use with sat only - same as with 6110 or regular Gyro Sense (would be nice since you would not need to mess with travel adjustments). I am sure there is plenty of people using sat on their Beasts with 9303. So How do you guys control gyro gain from your transmitter while using Beast with sat only?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertualex View Post
Yes, Bob O, that is exactly my issue - I do have it currently setup with AR6110 receiver and gain is controlled on gear ch. by adjusting travel +100% and -100% for heading hold and rate mode respectively. That is understood. And the question is what ch. I have to use with sat only - same as with 6110 or regular Gyro Sense (would be nice since you would not need to mess with travel adjustments). I am sure there is plenty of people using sat on their Beasts with 9303. So How do you guys control gyro gain from your transmitter while using Beast with sat only?
I'm sure it could be done either way. The MB just needs to know which channel to receive the gain signal on. I can say with some confidence that the gain lead should plug into channel 6 of the MB. Now you need to decide if you're going use Gear channel endpoints or the Gov menu, and set that up in your transmitter (Dev. select menu). Or Aux 2 for Gyro Sense.

Now check page 19, 26 , 28, 29, and 30 of the MB manual for the rest of the information on how to tell the MB what channels on it you what the specific channels of your Tx to control.

I think that's it, I've just never done it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What am I thinking? There is no gain lead!! The MB will receive the gain from the transmitter, you just need to tell the MB which channel to expect it on. It should be channel 5.

Seems that if you use the Spektrum present channel assignment, you might have to use your gear channel: either Gov menu or endpoints. I wonder if you could use Aux2/Gyro Sense by teaching the MB a customized channel order.

I really hope someone with some actual experience can step in soon.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

sat only. The 9303 uses aux2(channel 7) in the Tx if you want to use the gyro screen in the tx. I am attaching a pdf file that shows how to use the gear channel (channnel 5 in the Tx) with a multi point mix with 9303/9503 so you can use different gains for flight modes in heading hold. Very usefull for different head speeds in each flight mode and also it allows you to use the gear switch to choose between rate and heading hold. Good for set up and when you carry your heli out to fly A flick of the switch will center your pitch slider and if you wish to fly in rate you do not sacrifice a flight mode just to do this. Hope this helps you decide what you want to do . I Love It!
Using this will allow use of the beastx preassigned channels for the spektrum satellite as gain is assigned to channel 5(gear in TX) and you will have even better features than using the gyro screen in the 9303/9305!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 9303_mixing.pdf (208.1 KB, 1011 views)

Last edited by scott s; 09-01-2011 at 11:22 AM..
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow, very nice scott.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Scott, very nice instructions. I will set it up today.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

What! none of you 9303/9503 owners have tried this mix. This is the best set up I have ever used for single gyro or fbl controler. Nail your tail gain with even small differences in head speed assigned to flight mode especialy when flying governed. try it you will love it and 6 channel rx users this is a must in my opinion!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
What! none of you 9303/9503 owners have tried this mix. This is the best set up I have ever used for single gyro or fbl controler. Nail your tail gain with even small differences in head speed assigned to flight mode especialy when flying governed. try it you will love it and 6 channel rx users this is a must in my opinion!
With my AR7100R and X9303, I just use the gyro sense screen.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I use the a 7 channel rx on my outrage 550 but i still use the mix to gear and here is why! I use cc ice esc's in set rpm mode and believe me they can be tweaked to work as good if not better than yge, kontroniks etc. My hold is used for auto rotate enabled on the ice esc so yes it kills the motor but the esc does not see zero(0) so if i want to bail out of an auto when i take hold off the esc does not go to soft start and I have immediate headspeed again. I save aux 2 as a kill switch and use another simple mix. This allows aux 2 which you would normaly take up using the gyro screen to be used as a total kill to zero throttle! All my flight modes carry full pitch at full neg and pos. I dont have a "normal mode" but 3 head speeds and all governed. I use aux 2 with a simple mix to arm the esc without sacrificing a flight mode or my hold for auto rotate. I will post this other mix on demand. And I still retain a switch (gear) that can choose heading hold or rate and this is just as convienent as it gets!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in