Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default bearingshop/hobbyparts.com.au

I ordered a pinion and some flybar weights for my 250 a while ago (04 August), and noted they were on backorder.
No biggie, I can wait. Then a week ago Thursday I received an email informing me that my order was released and due to ship that day.
Now express shipping in Oz is $8 for a 500g satchel. EVERYONE uses them except this guy who uses something that costs twice as much.
So when nearly a week had passed, I emailed the guys asking where my stuff was.
Please note that it would appear that Justin (who later helped me out a huge deal) was not the one replying to me, but it was in fact the business owner! A man by the name of Barry Coldrick.
All I wanted to know was where my parts were that I had been told had been shipped, I never expected to be treated like a piece of garbage.
I urge ANYONE in Oz who needs parts from these guys to order in from anywhere else. I didn't mind the wait, and was happy to support local, but I could have gotten the parts for half the rice with half the shipping in half the time from overseas (my package STILL isn't here).

Following is the email transaction that we had.

First is the confirmation email.
Quote:
sales@bearingshop.com.au to me
show details 19 Aug (9 days ago)
Hello Jim Pizzey,

This is a courtesy message to let you know that we have just released a backorder for your account on invoice number 3064758.

If you have more items to order, it may still be possible to add them now and save on freight.

Please see the attached INFO file as it may contain special offers or other important information. The information in these files changes on a regular basis.

H.E. Supplies Pty Ltd (Hobby Engineering Supplies)

The right mix of business and pleasure.
http://www.hobbyparts.com.au
My email.
Quote:
Jim to sales
25 Aug (3 days ago)
I'm just wondering where my parts are?
I can handle waiting a while for backorder items, but you have charged me for express post, yet it was shipped a week ago and I don't have it.
Why?
Jim.
Their reply.
Quote:
Sales - H.E. Supplies to me
show details 25 Aug (3 days ago)
Hi Jim,

The items you selected had a usual delivery of 14 days plus shipping. Going by this delivery time they should have shipped 22nd but instead the entire order was shipped 24th. The freight you selected was standard Eparcel not express which is 13.20 Inc GST.

Regards,

Justin Bobir

H.E Supplies Pty Ltd

justin@hobbyparts.com.au

Ph: 07 3216 8166
And again, my reply to them.
Quote:
im Pizzey
25 Aug (3 days ago)
I can understand backorders etc, but why did it only ship yesterday if the backorder was released last week?
And just for your info, an express 500g satchel is $8.50, you might want to recheck your pricing.
It would also have been nice to know when I paid that the item is on backorder, not after.
I could have ordered the parts in from overseas for a fraction of the cost and they would be here by now, but yet again I choose to support local.
Can you inform me why I should do so in the future?
Regards, Jim
Quote:
The backorder was released and sent yesterday – not last week.

We don’t use express post satchels. We use e-Parcel which is completely different.

You knew the item was on backorder because
· It stated on the website “14 days delivery”

· It stated on your order confirmation “14 days delivery”

· We sent you a backorder advice on the day the order was processed stating an estimated delivery date.

· We sent you an update last Friday telling you when the item was expected.

There is little more we could have done. If you don’t want to wait for items we suggest you don’t order items that are showing with extended delivery times.

Regards,
Justin Bobir

H.E Supplies Pty Ltd
justin@hobbyparts.com.au
Quote:
Jim Pizzey to sales
If it states on the order 14 days delivery, and it states on my order confirmation 14 days delivery, why am I sat here 3 weeks after placing my order emailing you guys to find out where my stuff is, and finding out it was posted yesterday?
Seriously?
I ordered on the 4th mate.
I suggest that if I don't want to wait for items I'll order elsewhere.
Seriously, if you are going to stand behind your 14 days so vehemently, stick to it (or at least check my original order date before you do).
Also, may I show you the email from last week (the 19th, which is a Thursday) that states my item has been released.
Quote:
Hello Jim Pizzey,

This is a courtesy message to let you know that we have just released a backorder for your account on invoice number 3064758.

If you have more items to order, it may still be possible to add them now and save on freight.

Please see the attached INFO file as it may contain special offers or other important information. The information in these files changes on a regular basis.

H.E. Supplies Pty Ltd (Hobby Engineering Supplies)

The right mix of business and pleasure.
http://www.hobbyparts.com.au
Regards,
Jim
And his reply, I thin by "Lear" he means "Learn".
Evidently he is incapable of it himself.
Quote:
Lear to read.

The stated deliveries are estimates only and this is clearly indicated on our website. Please place your orders overseas as we are wasting time and money responding to your whinging.

Regards,
Justin Bobir

H.E Supplies Pty Ltd
justin@hobbyparts.com.au
I tried to reply to this stating all I was after was a delivery time on something that I was informed had shipped, but my emails were returned with the error "Banned from server: Time waster".

All I wanted was to know were my stuff was, not to be abused by a business owner for enquiring as to where the stuff was that I had aid for, and that I had been told had shipped.
I know customers can be a ITA, but there is no need to act like an idiot about the whole thing.
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in