Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finless's DX7 throttle cut??

Finless shows how to setup a thr cut.. Which I have done. However, after talking to a fellow RC'r he said that by cutting the engine there will be leftover fuel in the line and in the cylinder which will increase chances of flooding or bearing wear. Just looking for a few different ideas or opinions on this.

Thanks!
kvnm27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the throttle cut to kill the motor when I'm finished flying. When I put my heli away, I clamp the fuel line and fire up the engine to get rid of any residual fuel in the engine.
reyd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use throttle cut, then clamp line. I never burn the rest of fuel out of carb/line. When I get ready for a start, the last thing I do before the start is unclamp the fuel line. Never any issues with hydro-lock.

I just recently looked inside my OS 50 to see condition of bearings. There are a few tiny rust spots on the crank, but the bearings looked good. Its been since april (maiden) and 6 gallons of fuel later with good results. So, I'm not changing a thing.
chadjay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the input fella's. Looks like thrusday is going to be the moment of truth!! First flight!

Anything I need to know before firing off this bird for the first time??
Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadjay View Post
I use throttle cut, then clamp line. I never burn the rest of fuel out of carb/line. When I get ready for a start, the last thing I do before the start is unclamp the fuel line. Never any issues with hydro-lock.

I just recently looked inside my OS 50 to see condition of bearings. There are a few tiny rust spots on the crank, but the bearings looked good. Its been since april (maiden) and 6 gallons of fuel later with good results. So, I'm not changing a thing.
+1 I no longer burn out excess fuel. I empty my tank and then fill after my last flight of the day so that the clunk isn't exposed to damaging fumes for too long. The only hydrolocks I've had came when I forgot to clamp the fuel line before refueling. If that happens just tilt the heli to the left, over the pipe, and hit the started to clear.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What would we do without Finless?????????????

I watched his throttle cut video, learned and use it every day I fly. He makes total sense. The only time I have to touch my throttle trim is for starting and I doubt there is anyway around that. If there is, please educate me. I must admit that all machines are not the same. I found that my identical Trex 600N's require different percentages of drop by the switch to kill the motor. My normal procedure is (Keep in mind that I'm still considered a noob when it comes to flying Nitros) after my normal circuits, I bring it down to 10-12 feet and hit throttle hold. Yea, Yea, I know I should know how to do autos from high altitudes by now but I simply don't have the mad money at the time to learn them. I then switch off the throttle hold with the collective stick at it's lowest point and hit the gear switch. The motor dies and I'm either ready for refueling or the Windex bath. The throttle cut will do nothing unless you release the throttle hold though, unless I have something set up totally wrong. I like it because I don't like messing with the throttle trim anymore than I have to. It reminds me to much of plankers. It comes down to personal taste and how much it bothers you to run the servo to it's full throw to kill the motor. I prefer Bob's method pretty much 99.9% of the time. The other .1% would be me wanting more DX7 related videos rather than the 9303 which many of us haven't cleared with the Mrs.
Respectfully,
Ed
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

"I empty my tank and then fill after my last flight of the day so that the clunk isn't exposed to damaging fumes for too long."

So Sonic_BOOMER_SOONER you empty the tank and then fill??? You go home with a filled tank? With 30% this won't break down the fuel line?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My tank is always full unless I'm transporting a long distance. After I fly the tank gets filled up first thing. This pushes the nasty fumes out of the tank. I also use Hayes for my clunk line in the main tank and the header tank. I have had no problems doing this routine. Just keep in mind the Hayes line does grow when its in fuel.
chadjay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run the tank nearly dry then just purge the fumes by running the elec pump backward filling the empty tank with fresh air ?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
I run the tank nearly dry then just purge the fumes by running the elec pump backward filling the empty tank with fresh air ?

Hey.......That's a great idea, I never looked at it like that.....Thanks Navi,
x 3 Align 600n, 600ePro, esp. Radix,Mavrikk,Align Blades.
ShankBones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome Bones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in