Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters > E5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default crash kit E5 help

I know the usual spindle shaft main shaft skids struts and pipe any bearing that can be damages in a side loading impact are a good idea. This is my first TT heli what parts should I have on hand when she goes down ?

Where are my Beloved E5 strengths and weakness.

Trying to play the odds here I know every crash is different do I need a tail rotor hub or does the rotor shaft take the stress?

Do I need TT ends and bearing supports for every shaft I build or can I get away with a boom and TT and bearings usually.

I heading to the cabin for a week and my usual limited FF will get boring and I see it turning into stall turns and most likely power loops and HOPEFULLY find horizontal flight BEFORE the deck
Thanks Guys and wish luck
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 06:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Honestly, if you have a dial indicator many times the new shafts are not even necessary, these little gems are robust. Definitely check them, but you may find yourself saving money!

In almost every case I need the following.

Boom, TT and maybe 1 or 2 gears , Landing gear set and a full set of blades.

Yes, occasionally there is more, but these are my must haves on hand.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As mentioned above. I keep the same items on hand plus any I have ever replaced once. Though you may not need much of it. The E5 is what I call over built. It is surprisingly resilient.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys !
I have a E5 and E5s for that reason. Tt gears are not cheep but my tail blades have dug furo long enough I think I will plant corn in them .... not even a chipped tooth yet ..
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lost my composure, had this thing really dialed in for the big Model Fest Event here and plowed it in two days before leaving to go to the event and no spare parts to fix it on hand.
Venting on something that is my own fault. I am sorry to have said that.

Last edited by flyswatter40; 08-18-2015 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: stupidity
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll pay for shipping on the crashed E5!
cml001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
Wait til you crash and see every last part is seperate and you don't even get the set screw with a part requiring one. I crashed my E5 for the second time yesterday so today I am looking for something affordable to repair. Nice helicopter but way outta my league to fix. Sold my N5c last week and throwing this in the garbage today.
Wow nice Jim ! sorry you crashed . I have really liked my E5 over the last 2 years and find it to be a bullet proof heli. Well designed and quality parts plus a dream to fly , some parts cost more than some other brands but most are very reasonable . All in all I would say the parts are very reasonable for a quality heli . The other nice part of the Synergy brand is the two people running the company .We can feel confident that they are going to be around for awhile since they are actually known and seen at events,plus they are the ones that answer emails and reply to you when orders are placed. Thumbs up for that

Last edited by Dennis P; 08-14-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling and grammer !
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had my first crash with the E5s on the weekend, looks like I got out of it very well. Main Blades, swash links, grip radial bearings. It did go in flat into long grass and I hit TH before it went in so that would have reduced the damage dramatically. I still need to check the boom/TT shaft as it had a slight bow but looked like it returned to straight when I loosened off the boom supports, I think it moved forward a bit and was under pressure, I need to pull it all apart to see if there is any permanent bow in it or bend in the TT.

All of the TT gears and main gears look ok, LG, frames and canopy are fine, so if the TT has survived it will be a cheap crash except for replacing the Rail 626 mains.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first E5s lawn darted itself, with lots of damage. But when it goes in hard enough to stick in hard packed earth 3 inches i expect damage. All the gears came out good though. Tt, boom, main frames, and all parts for landing gear where a right off. Now i have another E5s and it is my primary heli. Once i sell my align i will rebuild my orginal E5s. Parts wise I find the parts resonable except for the high price of the cf frames. But i still won't complain.

Sorry for your crash, but i do feel when it comes to value for your money synergy can't be beat.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

All fixed flying again.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

. That's a good feeling.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the guys at the fun fly yesterday crashed his E5. At first inspection it looked like tail blades, main blades, both spur gear and main gear, boom (not sure about the torque tube) The boom supports look like they pulled out and could be glued back in again. Not sure about the shafts.

The canopy, frames, landing gear looked like the survived.

He said he is on his second main frame. That the frame can break where the landing gear screws are attached. If so he says he slots out the bottom of the holes for the landing gear bolts and users new bolts and washers and keeps using the frame.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess it depends on how fast your going etc, my first E5 crash was $1100.00 to repair and replace all the electronics etc, my second crash was only $460.00 this time there were no electronics or lipos to replace, hence the comments. I get plagued with a run of bad luck at times and being disabled and on a very small fixed income tempers can flare. All in all the E5 has been the best quality, best running helicopter I've owned.
I have 36 flights on it now again and am really enjoying it, I just go out once or twice a week now so my chances of crashing it are way less.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I now have over 300 flights on since my last dirt nap. Zero issues period. Been saving and trying to decide on another E5 modded to 570 on 6S or try one of these big bad birds, the 766!!!! Still not 100% sure yet as our dollar just keeps falling.....on a good note I have all the electronics including a 160 amp esc so i'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great about your E5!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in