Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IKON on a Trex 600N (with DFC) ?

Hi, I need help with the setup of an IKON on a Trex 600N with the DFC head please ?

anybody use an IKON and can shed some light on this ?

In menu # 7 I have to lower the pitch and cyclic adjustments to 20 & 25 to get to 12.5 and 10 degrees respectively.

What is the effect of having these numbers so low ? Does it affect the performance and effectiveness of the unit ?

When in menu # 13, the swash barely reacts if it move the heli through the different orientations. Is this the result of the low numbers in menu # 7 ?

I get full deflection when I move the radio controls, in all orientations.

The are no link adjustments on the control arms, and the spacing on the servo wheels are at maximum width. Will it help if I bring the balls in closer to center ?

Safe to fly like this ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the 7200bx and I had too move the ball links in very close to the center of the servo arms (third hole in) to get the resolution needed. Because of this I had to move the ball links to the outside. Clears canopy fine. However you can't do this on the elevator servo as it will not clear the main shaft. I had to notch my servo for the elevator. Also used the inner swash hole.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
Hi, I need help with the setup of an IKON on a Trex 600N with the DFC head please ?

anybody use an IKON and can shed some light on this ?

In menu # 7 I have to lower the pitch and cyclic adjustments to 20 & 25 to get to 12.5 and 10 degrees respectively.

What is the effect of having these numbers so low ? Does it affect the performance and effectiveness of the unit

**************don't worry about the numbers, set it up with the deflection you want, and it will be fine. I use a soko heli gauge for setup, and it comes out perfect.

When in menu # 13, the swash barely reacts if it move the heli through the different orientations. Is this the result of the low numbers in menu # 7 ?

******************as long as it is moving in the right directions, you are good. Check your directional inputs also, to make sure everything is moving in the right direction.

I get full deflection when I move the radio controls, in all orientations.

The are no link adjustments on the control arms, and the spacing on the servo wheels are at maximum width. Will it help if I bring the balls in closer to center ?

***************per the manual, I believe you should be at a certain mm position, check it, I run mine on the inner hole. I run the regular head, but had the DFC originally, it shouldn't matter either way.

Safe to fly like this ?
as long as you are getting the right reaction to your inputs, the correct correction as far as swash and rudder movement in the last menu, and have your desired deflections, yes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150705_073326.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	594841  
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in