Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NX4 stretched and Zeal 480s

hey guys just made a couple of flights with my newly stretched NX4 and am extremely happy with it.

I`m using the X4II long tail stretch kit PN215088, stock everything else (OS37 and pinion) with Zeal 480 mains.
didn`t even change the pitch range The Heli really benefits from the decreased disk loading, stops are much crisper and actually use less power as one doesn`t need to go to the stops with pitch. during manouvers that use a lot pf, pitch, cyclic and tail at the same time like sideways standing 8s there is some bogging and one has to let up a bit on either cyclic or pitch but recovery is next on instantaneous when you let it breath for a sec. Else the heli flies much more like a "large" machine fitting very much my flying style as i`m usualy flying a 700 nitro.

i think even if one doesn`t go for much larger blades like 450s or so the tail stretch improves the proportions of the heli as well as tail performance (less tail pitch robs less power). i didn`t do any CG adjustments but the tail heavy CG didn`t feel excessive. The stretch kit tail pushrod is probably a bit excessive with a steel wire covered with a carbon rod, this could easily be lightened by just making a carbon rod with glued in thread on both ends for weight saving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've the stretch tail installed, but thought it might bog to much. Your report has me planning to slap a set of 473 I have NIP.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

If you got all already there go for it it`s a matter of trying and seeing if one is happy with the way it flies.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran rjx 480s i believe on the stock nx4. I didn't need to stretch it. At the time my 37 was tired and couldn't pull them hard enough.
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I went with the x5 boom and 520mm blades. My cure for the CG blues was a small bag of copper BBs in the nose of the frame. I filled the bag with shoe goo so I didn't accidentally create a flying pipe bomb if the bag broke.
OnceYouGoJack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2016, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is everyone running the stock 70mm tail blades with the 215088 stretch kit and 480mm Main Blades?
Old 03-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I do and am happy with the stock tail blades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in