Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Humm, rather disappointing!! I was expecting to see a brushless main motor at least. This thing is still going to need a brushless motor and esc fitted in there somewhere. Still, at least the main board should be a bit more protected from damage in it's new lay-down configuration.

One thing I really don't like the look of, and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it so far.... The tail motor looks to be deliberately tilted up at an angle. Why, how can that help? It just looks silly.

And those two extra plugs that are not connected to anything on the main board? For a future BL upgrade kit maybe, or another opportunity fleace more cash out of us buy forcing us to buy yet another USB flash stick to carry out firmware updates, like the 180 CFX. Or am I just being cynical?

MB

Tilting the tail motor could be an optical illusion or an accidental install...or possibly and attempt to correct the typical "right lean" of the heli...either permanently or for testing/production
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 02:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Tilting the tail motor could be an optical illusion or an accidental install...or possibly and attempt to correct the typical "right lean" of the heli...either permanently or for testing/production
My guess: In a hurry and messed up
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tilting the tail rotor can also be used to correct any cog issues
Synchronome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnDMonium View Post
"Those connectors are for development, and they won't be on the production models."
Brian James

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=17
Ah, thanks for that. I did wonder, since I can't find that pic (with the wires in it) in any of the marketing pics. Anybody know where that pic came from?

MB
Old 08-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I sure looks tilted in that pic, but I'm beginning to think that they just straightened the tail fin, rather than the whole tail, or that it is indeed just an optical illusion. The tail motor looks straight enough in the promo video.

MB
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue92ehsi View Post
I might try that for the backyard
You won't be disappointed when it comes to power. My throttle curve tops out at 55% and it feels like it has about 25% more power than my MCPX. I can't imagine it at 100%.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Ah, thanks for that. I did wonder, since I can't find that pic (with the wires in it) in any of the marketing pics. Anybody know where that pic came from?

MB
Pic with wires on this page:
http://www.bladehelis.com/NanoCPS/

Pic with tilted tail motor on this page:
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/R...ing#quickMedia
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK so judging by the silence I guess there's no piro comp and the main motor is the not so good old one...
Old 08-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
OK so judging by the silence I guess there's no piro comp and the main motor is the not so good old one...
I think the silence would indicate nobody outside HH knows at this point.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade is in business like everyone else to make a profit... and the fact is... they'll sell these easy at a much greater profit margin without all of the upgrades that we like. Average joe on the street who picks one of these up is not going to be all "oh god it's not brushless and doesn't have a cnc swash plate!" Kind of sad because it would be great if it was better quality, but in reality they can get away without it.

We'll see how well their brushed motor survives...

It's nice that they haven't abandoned this form factor though. I kind of thought it was maybe done-fore with the quad craze.

JohnCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody know what the "damping plate and damper" are under new parts for the nano CP S? Maybe something under the new board placement?
krackum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC View Post
Blade is in business like everyone else to make a profit... and the fact is... they'll sell these easy at a much greater profit margin without all of the upgrades that we like. Average joe on the street who picks one of these up is not going to be all "oh god it's not brushless and doesn't have a cnc swash plate!" Kind of sad because it would be great if it was better quality, but in reality they can get away without it.

We'll see how well their brushed motor survives...

It's nice that they haven't abandoned this form factor though. I kind of thought it was maybe done-fore with the quad craze.
Sure! And there's no crisis if it still don't have piro comp. But if it still has the "old" main brushed motor - then that's a real shame. Even the noob outside of HF will be disappointed when/if it dies after 10-20 flights...

If it's impossible to make a reliable main brushed motor this size - then I'd highly recommend brushless, even if the selling price will be a bit higher. That motor was/is THE achilles heel of the Nano. HH knows this, and no word as to any changes to it is worrying... Until I get confirmed that it's a whole new motor I won't order one. Then I'd rather continue with Benedikt's MMW brushed motor and brushless outrunner conversions. SAFE is no trigger for me.

Oh and the will now bind issue after a rather short while they'd better have looked into as well.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought the nCPS has a different part number for the motor than the nCPX?

SHYguy; that's what you have posted on the lead post of this thread?
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
I thought the nCPS has a different part number for the motor than the nCPX?
Two things (and only two things) are certain...

1) The nCPS has a new part number for the main motor
2) The main motor connector is updated

No way to know if the main motor is "new" or updated until more info is released
Old 09-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the nano CP S has piro comp, and no the motor is not new, rather the connector and motor lead is new, requiring the new part number.

I hope that clear it up.

I apologize for not answering sooner, there are only a few of us on the Blade Product Development team, that take the time to get on Helifreak due to our busy schedules.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Even the noob outside of HF will be disappointed when/if it dies after 10-20 flights...
I agree with you and Blade should consider this but I guess given the last response they did not or simply decided it wasn't important. This is one of the top reasons I did not buy this until I got my hands on a custom one JonJet put together with the MMW motor installed. I looked at it like this: I spent $80 on Nano QX and have had countless flights, since those motors last around 5-8 hours. Why spend $100 on something that will die in 20 flights? That is just around 80 min of flight time assuming 4 minutes for each flight... horrible value for the money.

JohnCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC View Post
I agree with you and Blade should consider this but I guess given the last response they did not or simply decided it wasn't important. This is one of the top reasons I did not buy this until I got my hands on a custom one JonJet put together with the MMW motor installed. I looked at it like this: I spent $80 on Nano QX and have had countless flights, since those motors last around 5-8 hours. Why spend $100 on something that will die in 20 flights? That is just around 80 min of flight time assuming 4 minutes for each flight... horrible value for the money.
I don't know what the big deal about the motor is. There is a great replacement already available. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=700717
heli227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli227 View Post
I don't know what the big deal about the motor is. There is a great replacement already available. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=700717
The MMW motor is not without it's issues

The best and most reliable option is still the brushless outrunner conversion
Old 09-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:

The best and most reliable option is still the brushless outrunner conversion
Doesn't it reduce the already very short flight times even further?
SamCSx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in