Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade pitch?

I justa watched this video and did everything.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=TWTSTncLpYU

And now when i try to take off i have way to much negative pitch because at half trottle it starts shaking bad and will not take off. What is my pitch supposed to be with my stunt switcj at 0 before spinup? I set it a t zero with the left stick at center with the switch on 1 (stunt) like he said but it will not lift in 0 ( normal) what did i do wrong?
sodfarmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Link just shows a bunch of videos. Did you center your servos first? Level swash with left stick at center and fmode switch on 1 using swash levelling tool? Then use pitch gauge to set pitch. Even with negative pitch heli shouldn't shake? Check to make sure you didn't put blade grips on upside down(if you changed grips). In fmode 0 with stick down should see -10 /-12deg. with stick at center mine is at 0 degrees. Bird lifts off just above mid stick.
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Centering those servos is a HUGE MUST. It wont be right until those suckers are dead on.
Bradsd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In that design rotor head, the pitch increases when the swashplate goes down, not up like typical heli's. Make sure your swashmix and servo reverses are set up right.
sea king12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea king12 View Post
In that design rotor head, the pitch increases when the swashplate goes down, not up like typical heli's. Make sure your swashmix and servo reverses are set up right.
Agree....sounds like your pitch is reversed in your TX. Had the same thing happen to me after a rebuild....I had not caught it before trying to fly, and just tried to push the bird into the deck when I was trying to take off.
XRedJar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, quick question: I have one blade at about 0 at mid stick while the other sits at about 2 degrees. I thought my spindle might be bent so I replaced it with no difference. Can I adjust the difference out using the links?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nevermind. I manned up and dove in. Adjusted the lengths to within .5 degree of both blades at all stick positions. I'm ready to go outside and see how she hovers for the first time since I got her. Nervous. I'm probably going to post it with my Dx6i set up with this heli like from the factory on eBay. We'll see how the flight goes I guess.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, you need to adjust the links to get the blades even. Have you watched any setup videos? Finless Bob did a series that walks you thru it pretty clearly. I HIGHLY recommend that you check them out! It will save you a lot of frustration and money!
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your signature suggests that you are selling the 450 3d. I s that true?
Madman O Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Yep, you need to adjust the links to get the blades even. Have you watched any setup videos? Finless Bob did a series that walks you thru it pretty clearly. I HIGHLY recommend that you check them out! It will save you a lot of frustration and money!
Oh yeah, I've watched them and numerous other ones numerous times. lol. I'm just always scared to break something else. I was at this stage the other day when my elev servo spontaneously died. Luckily my LHS had one in stock. Anyways, it all looks good right now, going to go and spool it up outside and see how it hovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman O Anderson View Post
Your signature suggests that you are selling the 450 3d. I s that true?
Yes, I will be selling it. I just wanted to fix it up and set it for the experience. I don't really have any intention to fly anything this big. My 200 SRX and my sim are both fine with me for the time being.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, the flight went well. I hovered it and brought it all the way up to about 10-12 feet. It's still too much heli for me right now. While I did get to fly it, and she seemed pretty stable to me, it was too scary. Thank God it comes down solidly because I was so scared that the blades were gonna hit the ground and everything would fly apart. Luckily that didn't happen and everything was stable. Now to take pics and list this thing on eBay, I had a lot of fun putting it back together though and setting it up.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dont sell. You have a great heli to learn on. You already learned how to set it up. If you can hover and land then it is too much heli for you. Keep the sim and sell the 200.
g8trparty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in