Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Canopy question KSE

Hi all, I have been flying my KSE for some time now, great heli I'm really liking it. But I don't like the color of the canopy. Seems like some times I can loose track of my orientation. I like the CF canopy though, it's light and more flexible than fiberglass. So any suggestions of a good canopy? I may have to deal with it because I don't want to spring for a new boom to match. All my cash is going for batteries right now seems like all my batteries are going south on me, all at once.
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I cant help with canopy suggestions, but keen to hear what batteries you're looking at.
Mine are also gone, and the Pulse appears to be a popular choice, but mine didn't last as long ad the Gens Ace pack that I have.

I would have ordered more Gens Ace, if they were in stock.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Hi all, I have been flying my KSE for some time now, great heli I'm really liking it. But I don't like the color of the canopy. Seems like some times I can loose track of my orientation. I like the CF canopy though, it's light and more flexible than fiberglass. So any suggestions of a good canopy? I may have to deal with it because I don't want to spring for a new boom to match. All my cash is going for batteries right now seems like all my batteries are going south on me, all at once.
Nice to hear, that I'm not the only blind Pilot here. 😂
I had a 700 Competition Yellow Carbon and had the same problems on cloudy weather.
I switched to the original red Carbon Canopy and boom.
It's a little bit better, but not really good and expensive also.

But I like the Carbon and the original Design, but visibility is just perfect on sunny days.

Sorry, can't help more
Old 11-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got to paint the windshield black.. like this (shown via my G500).. and I also added some orange.. made a world of difference.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
All my cash is going for batteries right now seems like all my batteries are going south on me, all at once.
Also, if you field charge with today's excellent chargers, you only need ONE lipo. Save your money. Use deep cycles or get a generator.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Visibility is actually the main reason why I decided to not move to the KSE and stuck with the 700 comp. I found a very visible canopy and did it on both my 500 and 700.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448738374.627718.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	621921
Goblin 500 Sport w/ Xnova/BK/Jive & NEO (rebuilt)
dominoedge is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
I cant help with canopy suggestions, but keen to hear what batteries you're looking at.
Mine are also gone, and the Pulse appears to be a popular choice, but mine didn't last as long ad the Gens Ace pack that I have.

I would have ordered more Gens Ace, if they were in stock.
We are in the same boat, I too have had a few pulse packs and not real happy with the longevity of them. However I bought a Pulse 45c 5000 stick pack and I will be comparing them to Turnigy Heavy duty 5000 55c packs. I'm going to log the flights and see what holds up the best. You could do the same with whatever packs you think have been working for you. I've seen Gens Ace packs but I have never bought them, a friend had some problems with some GA's and I just never tried them.

I tried some reflective tape on the canopy and flew it today, they seemed to help but I will need more flights. I guess there are no carbon fiber canopies out with brighter colors. I may have to ask Canomod if they will make me a custom.

Slyster, that is an option, thanks for the picture..
Old 11-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
We are in the same boat, I too have had a few pulse packs and not real happy with the longevity of them. However I bought a Pulse 45c 5000 stick pack and I will be comparing them to Turnigy Heavy duty 5000 55c packs. I'm going to log the flights and see what holds up the best. You could do the same with whatever packs you think have been working for you. I've seen Gens Ace packs but I have never bought them, a friend had some problems with some GA's and I just never tried them.
Thanks for that.

I'll get a pair of those Turnigy's - where did you buy them, Hobby King?

I've had good service from the small cheap Turnigy's in my 450's, and very good service from the GA 5300's used in my Align 550 and G700, but cant hang around waiting for stock.

Edit: Bought for $66 each from HK.

Quote:
Your order details are:
2x #T5000.6S.60/59057 Turnigy Heavy Duty Series 5000mAh 6S 60C Lipo Pack (AR Warehouse) = $132.42

PayPal $0.00
SmartAR USPS (Zone 4) $10.19
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $141.80

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, that is what I paid also. I hope they hold up, feel free to PM me if you have problems with yours. I will do the same. I'm going to make sure I charge the batteries no longer than the night before, don't keep them charged longer than 24 hrs. And I am going to keep a flight log. It may be overkill but I truly want to see what batteries are working good
Old 11-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Also, if you field charge with today's excellent chargers, you only need ONE lipo. Save your money. Use deep cycles or get a generator.
I fly every day after work, not very practical to have my generator and charging equipment loaded every day. I do that on the weekend when I fly for longer.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Turnigy Heavy Duty Series 5000mAh 6S 60C

Quote:
Yes, that is what I paid also. I hope they hold up, feel free to PM me if you have problems with yours. I will do the same. I'm going to make sure I charge the batteries no longer than the night before, don't keep them charged longer than 24 hrs. And I am going to keep a flight log. It may be overkill but I truly want to see what batteries are working good
The two batts arrived at 55% and 100% balanced.

The outer blue shrink wrap had small tears in two places, but not really an issue seeing as I have clear wrap on them now.

I had the first flight today and it has very good punch, came down slightly warm and still perfectly balanced.

I'll be getting myself a few more of these.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to hear, mine have also been coming down a little warm but balance good and have good power for the price. A little heavy compared to Pulse, I don't like that but can't have it all.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been watching, and it would be interesting to see how your new batts actually hold up in the long run? Also, buy some vinyl graphics sheets in bright colors. Amazon has them as well as quite a few other sites. And just cut and stick the more visible colors on your existing canopy! Studies show that people have a variety of different colors from each other that they really see in various settings. One guy may struggle and the other sees it vibrantly. Here genetics truly play a difference! So buy buying what you perceive as your own hot or visible colors. You can tailor the canopy to your own tastes rather inexpensively. The black on the KSE presents a great back drop for whatever you do choose.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a link to the custom canopy I had Canomod make for my KSE. It is much easier for me to see than the original design.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...03#post6783303
Old 12-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like your canopy. With the cash I have forked out for this heli, and batteries. I don't want to fork out more right now. And if I did get a custom job I need the carbon fiber one, after several FG canopies (stock ones) the new CF ones are great. Can't go back

Note on the batteries, I will post what I find out on the ones I bought (2 sets of Pulse 5000 12s 45C and 2 sets of Turnigy HD 6S 5000 50C) but I need some time to see how they perform.

Anyone else feel free to post you findings on batteries. Just try and give real stats. How many flights, IR on the packs, flight performance ect...
Old 01-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is an option if you need a little more color on the KSE.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...98#post6829598
Old 05-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Note on the batteries, I will post what I find out on the ones I bought (2 sets of Pulse 5000 12s 45C and 2 sets of Turnigy HD 6S 5000 50C) but I need some time to see how they perform.

Anyone else feel free to post you findings on batteries. Just try and give real stats. How many flights, IR on the packs, flight performance ect...
JT,

How those batts working out for you?

I find the performance good, low IR and cells still balanced, but they're just a little bulky and need to work out a different way of bring the rear batteries cables forward.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
JT,

How those batts working out for you?

I find the performance good, low IR and cells still balanced, but they're just a little bulky and need to work out a different way of bring the rear batteries cables forward.
I extended the leads to the front of the battery tray on my packs and brought one of these plugs http://www.buddyrc.com/ec5-serial-adapter.html Wrapped the whole battery. But the packs work good, about 30 flight on them and there going strong. they do weigh a lot and they are bulkie. Batteries are the one part of this hobby I do not like, can't wait until they get better at making them. I have been looking a the new Gob nitro, but fuel prices are high also.. . I have not pulled the IR on my packs lately but I will get that as soon as I can. Getting 5.5 min at 2000 RPMs.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

JT,

Thanks for that - I'll get myself one of those EC5 serial adapters and do away with the one I made from EC5's and cable.

Do you run the cables on top or along the side of the packs?

I've got my cables on the side and concerned that its going to shear the insulation soon.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I ran the wire on top, it seemed too close to the frame when on the side. Then I shrink wrapped (clear) for about half way up the front pack. It's close to the motor pully so keep it to one side of the pulley. I use the shaft support bearing ( this one, http://m.helidirect.com/item/33353339 ) I have room but it's close. Used a balance plug extender. There you go. If you need a picture let me know.

I don't think they are the best batteries out there but they are working for me. I plan on trying to fly on my lunch break this summer. I want to push to get better at flying this year. Seems like I have gotten stale with my flying and that needs to stop I've even been hitting the sim, and I have never liked the sim. But whatever it takes to get better I'm going to work at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in