Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Washout Assembly Question

About 3 weeks ago I had a learning experience (aka, crash) with my heli. It wasn't too bad but required the purchase of new blade, flybar, and seesaw/mixing arms. Since I was ordering a new seesaw/mixing arms, I figured I would upgrade to a metal one. I found a website and ordered everything. But they sent me a metal washout assembly instead and don't want to correct the mistake.

This is what I wanted (ordered from a different company):
http://helidirect.com/microheli-sees...-v2-p-7649.hdx

This is what I got (again, ordered from a different company):
http://helidirect.com/microheli-wash...ool-p-1650.hdx

I fixed got everything fixed and have been learning to fly since then. I just had another "learning experience" and I'm going to order new parts from HeliDirect.

Here's my question, I have this extra washout assembly sitting in my tool box because I can not figure out how to use it. Look at the one below:
http://helidirect.com/esky-cnc-washo...v2-p-19532.hdx

That one has black plastic links attached to one side of the arms. The one I have doesn't have those arms. My question is this, is there a part I need to order that contains a pin and those plastic pieces? If so, can someone provide a link? Or do I push the pins out of the stock part (HOW?) and reuse those?

I would like to use this washout assembly but don't know how to attach the links. HELP.
Official_n00b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/ESKY-CNC-...uild-Guide.asp
Copter X 450 now with Align Airwolf body kit
Big Tonka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry hope this link helps
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tonka View Post
Sorry hope this link helps
The link skips over what I really have a question about. Step 14 shows him putting the washout assembly onto the head. If you look at the washout assembly they use, it has the two plastic links already connected (the black piece right next to his finger in the picture).

If you look at the link of the washout assembly I have, it doesn't have those link connected. My question is what do I need to buy to get those links attached? Or do I push out the pins in the stock one (HOW?) and use them in the new one?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ON,

As far as I know the MicroHeli head is it's own animal, and fits best as an entire unit. Some metal parts may fit with the plastic Esky head, but apparently not the esky metal parts.

The best thing to do these days is to just pick up a complete 450 PRO or V2 clone head such as CopterX, HK, or EXI and fit that to the King. It solves many of problems including tracking problems that can drive you insane.

You might try using that washout, but you will need some way to attach the stock plastic links to the control arms. Really small bolts would be best, but you will be engineering it yourself. You can also pick up an esky style cnc head on ebay and try that, I had a few. They work for a while, but the tracking eventually goes after a crash or two.

Best thing to do while learning / crashing is to stick with the stock plastic so you just buy the parts and bolt them on. Here is a good place to get parts while they have them:
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=31_40

Terry.
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
ON,

As far as I know the MicroHeli head is it's own animal, and fits best as an entire unit. Some metal parts may fit with the plastic Esky head, but apparently not the esky metal parts.

The best thing to do these days is to just pick up a complete 450 PRO or V2 clone head such as CopterX, HK, or EXI and fit that to the King. It solves many of problems including tracking problems that can drive you insane.

You might try using that washout, but you will need some way to attach the stock plastic links to the control arms. Really small bolts would be best, but you will be engineering it yourself. You can also pick up an esky style cnc head on ebay and try that, I had a few. They work for a while, but the tracking eventually goes after a crash or two.

Best thing to do while learning / crashing is to stick with the stock plastic so you just buy the parts and bolt them on. Here is a good place to get parts while they have them:
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=31_40

Terry.
That's actually the place that sent me the wrong part. I will never buy another part from that company. Look at the website, the banner hasn't been updated in a year. I tried to call them, but the "Google Call" to call them goes to some random mans cell phone. Apparently they don't respond to emails because I sent 4 of them with no response.

I understand the whole HBK2 head being pretty crappy. Right now I'm fine with that because I'm just learning to fly. I don't want to go buy a 450 head (probably close to $50 or more) to fit to a crappy chopper. Once I learn my orientations and hovering (still need to get nose in), the King 2 will be retired and I'll buy a full 450 heli. So I don't really want to sink money into this chopper when I will hopefully have a new one in a few months.

There's nothing wrong with my current washout assembly. But since I have a metal one just sitting in a box, I figured I would try to use it. Looks like I'll have to come up with my own way to attach the stock links.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Terry it might still be worth getting a 450 head for the K2, then when you progress to the 450 you can then use the head as a spare.

BT
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The guy at US has been selling out his inventory for quite a while now. I never had a problem. Nice for me since I get the parts in a day or so since he is so close.

BTW, Kings fly just fine with a few mods, it is just that 450 Pro kits have gotten sooooo cheap. I just bought another one for $68 with free shipping. The carbon frames and new heads do make a difference since you can run higher headspeeds. I was running 3100 rpm on my Kings, 3400 rpm on the 450s. The biggest fix for the King head is some fly bar weights. It makes a big difference when learning.

Enjoy,

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in