Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What Flybarless systems are worth looking at?

Im kinda new to flybarless, but have some very basic information about various systems. A friend of mine uses Mikado Vbar which looks like a great system, low number of parts, easy to install and not to many wires running around. I also love the fact that you dont need a tail gyro, which helps alot on the total cost of the heli.

But what other systems are worth looking at, what offers the best performance for the money? It also seems likes theres alot of stuff happening right now, which would mean that in a few months or maybe a year we are looking at alot of exciting products and maybe even substancial better prices. Is this a time to get into Flybarless, or should one wait until next season and see what's on the marked then?
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

the mikado vbar is by far the best system out there now and with the new lower price of $450.00 you cant beat it
Old 09-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot1967 View Post
the mikado vbar is by far the best system out there now and with the new lower price of $450.00 you cant beat it
Have you done any objective comparisons, or is it just your "feelings"? Have you tried all systems :o
Old 09-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seems to me the SK360 and Mikados system are the two best options, and fare as I know I have seen noone compare the two products directly. I like the fact that you dont need a tail gyro with the Mikado, but the SK360 seems very small and easy to install as well. Mikado's system can be a ***** to set up, but I dont know how this compare to the SK360.

Question nr. 2 is if this is a good time to invest in flybarless, seems theres alot of stuff happening right now and Im wondering if there will be a kind of breaktrue in the close future. I cant see prices going down much lower tho, with Mikado's Vbar system getting close to the price of a GY611, I think the first thing that should start dropping in prices are the conventional gyros, not the Vbar systems.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

One huge advantage of V-bar system is that you are basically guaranteed life-long R&D by Mikado to suit pilot's growning needs of performance. We've seen it and experienced it, it's getting better and better, besides, it's much easier to setup today than e.g. 1 year ago.
In the end, when you've invested in the hardware, your V-bar will always be up to date!
Alexander01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the majour breakthrough will be when one of the bigger manufacturers release a System for the most popular helis

Ie If or When Align or Thunder Tiger Release a system then they have the size and the market share to lower the cost considerably.

I think the iminent arrival of the GAUI system will have a positive impact on the market as I believe this system will retail around 200USD
I also think the Gauis system will be three axis but i am not sure about this
I sure hope so though as it will make a FBL setup real cheap without the tail gyro to consider.

Just my 2cents!!

Ben
Borneoben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It must be just a matter of time before Align and the other big brands start making them, FBL is the future, and they know it.

Rune
Roadrune is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's lagging behind isn't the electronics, its the aftermarket conversion parts. There should have been a solid series of trex450, 500, 600 conversion grips out months ago, if not a year ago.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
What's lagging behind isn't the electronics, its the aftermarket conversion parts. There should have been a solid series of trex450, 500, 600 conversion grips out months ago, if not a year ago.
I've got a bunch of CF on order to try out an idea I have for an easy mod for T700 style grips. If it works I'll be sure to post my findings.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think with the way the worlds economic situation is going, the hobby industry could be in for a major downturn.

This would put a huge dent in any R&D going on and put new innovations like flybarless systems back years.

In dark economic times, luxury goods are the first things consumers stop purchasing.
minskie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by minskie View Post
I think with the way the worlds economic situation is going, the hobby industry could be in for a major downturn.

This would put a huge dent in any R&D going on and put new innovations like flybarless systems back years.

In dark economic times, luxury goods are the first things consumers stop purchasing.
But helicopters aren't "luxury" items... we NEEEED them!
Trex 450 Vx FBL, Scorpion 2221-10, RJX head, mini-V, Ice 50
markb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Mark,

Yeh, lets hope so!

Things can only get better
minskie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in