Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wow

replaced my stock 315mm woodies with 325mm Fiberglass and my stock flybar paddles with carbon fiber which changed the length of my flybar about an in. longer wow what a differance cyclic is so responsive I love it although it took a pack to get used to it. Should I change to a stiffer dampner for the longer blades? I am still mastering side in hover mixed with a little forward flight. Getting more and more hooked on the hobby. My HK 500 GT should be here wed. or thurs. (I know cheapo) but still excited.
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Get some trueblood dampeners, make sure their for a Trex 450 V1 not the V2, as the V1 is 3mm and the V2 is 4mm. You want to avoid boom strikes.

As far as the cheapo, please for the sake of god be careful. After loosing complete control of my nitro 600 yesterday due to a cheap RX pack, I nearly had a flying lawnmower of doom or a bomb.

It's TERRIFYING when you suddenly loose control of a bird from either electronic failure or mechanical failure.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks mike. I plan on taking apart any pre asembled parts and locktiting just to be sure and plan on useing a spectrum dx6i, I already have a turnigy Typhoon 500H motor and a Turingy 80amp ESC what are your thoughts on those choices not sure on servos, pinion size or gyro yet any suggestions?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rotorfan, I've also got an HK500-GT on the way (always up for a challenge ), but don't know exactly when it will arrive, as delivery times to Cyprus are a bit variable.

I've also ordered the Turnigy Typhoon motor. As it's 1800KV, with many people reporting that they believe it's closer to 1900KV, I'm going to go with 5S battery packs. Also helps that Turnigy & Zippy 5S 3000mAh 20C packs are only $26.95. This should allow using a 12T pinion, maybe 13T but that may be too much. 12T is the smallest pinion in 500-size that I can find, I've heard of 11T but nobody has them, and apparently using a 10T would tend to strip gears, so nobody makes one. So that pretty much rules out using 6S packs

For servos, I've got Turnigy MG930 digital metal gear units on the way. ESC is a Turnigy Tz85A.

For the tail, I've ordered a LogicTech 6100T/6100G combo from here: http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=138370 I've always been happy with the 2100T/3100G combo on my 450s, the price is good ($180), and virtually all the members on here that have used one really like it.

As two of the big problems with any kit, particularly the cheap clones, are screws and bearings, I've ordered screw and bearing sets from http://www.rcscrewz.com/ At $86.85 incl shipping, this seemed like cheap insurance.

A full strip-down and reassemble of the whole kit will be the first step, as you are doing too. And I'll also be using a DX6i. I've also read through Erwin's (Ber60) build thread on the HK600-GT, which gives some great info on potential problems with these kits. Read it here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=205333

I don't expect this to be a straight forward build, but I'm OK with that. Some of the parts (gyro, screws and bearings) won't be here until end of May, as my Dad is in the US at the moment and will bring them back for me. But as soon as I get started, I'll start a thread here to report on how the build goes
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

If I learned anything.... SERVOS are the one effing place you do not skimp or screw with. Simply because they are the life-line, if one fails, jams, or screws up royally you got a wild model and you're talking EXTREME danger, period.

If you seek to go value on a motor or ESC or battery for an electric, go for it. IF any of those fail the model will loose power and auto or fall straight now versus going ape sh!t in any direction it sees fit injuring or killing someone.

I guess I may be being a bit annual due to what happen to me yesterday but I don't want to see anyone go through it, not even my worst enemy (ok, maybe some of them).

If you can afford it, get good servos, Savox, Align, JR, Futaba, something extremely reputable where failures are rare "freak" accidents and not casual expectancies like "well no one else had issues" situations.

Otherwise Dave has got the right idea
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys. My tracking # says my new baby was delivered to my local post office at 6:15 this morning hopefully they get it out today if not tomorrow for sure!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it arrived and I have to say everything looks good and feels solid will start disassembling and loctiteing and preassembled parts as soon as I receive the screw set from rcscrezs but I think I will try the stock bearings they feel smooth with no slop after all the reviews I must say Im surprised at the quality guess time will tell. Again thanks for all the advice will keep you posted on the build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in