Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I feel the same way about the pl6.

Have you tried just using your timmer set at 7 then see how much you put back. Then try 8. That how I do it. My flying is pretty boring right now (to anyone watching) so I am pretty safe at 8-9 minutes.
I'm glad my esc wire came loose while plugging it into the pc, instead of flying.
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sorta did, after the fact. On the 3 amp flight it showed around 9 minutes on the link timer.

That's a drag about your ESC. The big 10 gauge wire?

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Mustang Fever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. It was flat solder at the spot where it was connected to the esc. And black (probably from arcing).
They took my call very serious as this little qc issue could've cost me my 1000$ heli.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw a claim on another thread that CC is going to get the boot from the 700s on the next version release.

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a new canopy to replace the dented one that came with my kit.
The guy I ordered the kit from is working with the distributor to get the original replaced. I sefinately like the canamod canopies though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333382905.544769.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	304308   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333382924.601239.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	304309  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #46 (permalink)

There has been no proof or substantiated evidence that one align is coming out with a 700 pro or a v3 version since the v2 was just recently released. In addition to that there has been no proof that align will not use castle in their next model. What else are they going to use? I doubt they are going to put a krontrick jive in their kit, or more so a scorpion esc. That only leaves CC and align, and align is not going to just through in their own 120 hv esc. Will align come out with a 700 pro or a newer version yes probably, but more then likely not until next year or at the end of the year due to the fact the v2 f3c was recently released. If anyone has proof of such information i would really like to see it and read about it. Even on other threads so far every one has confirmed it more gossip then anything else.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not fer nothin, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an Align 120HV at all. I mean how much different are the existing Align ESCs than for example this YGE knockoff?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ler_OPTO_.html

Or the HW and Turnigy:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ler_OPTO_.html

Wouldn't surprise me, but then I've no clue as to the business processes in this arena...
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe those k force are actually the same unit as the hobbywing esc. Just rebranded. I don't think they are a clone. Same as the rebranded turnigy servos (corona and henge).
I've actually thought about ditching my cc for the hobbywing, if they can't get it right.
I would be really bummed if a month after finally getting my 700 they came out with a new kit and made mine "old".
I'm sure a lot of people would be very pleased to see a direct to swash 700 kit with those hv servos pictured elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the thread where I saw the info on a V3 and CC possibly getting tossed. Go give em hell, Sarah.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399417

My ICE 120 hasn't failed and works good, so I bought the 50A version for a 450 I'm putting together for my son. It seems to be doing OK, so I'll probably buy the 75A for my Sopwith Camel ("Snoopy") that I'm converting from .90 glow to electric.

Tower Hobbies supplies a line of motors they refer to as "Rimfire". After 2 consecutive experiences with motors that would not do what they claimed they would do, I fired them, and now use nothing but Turnigy G series in any plank I put together.

I worked in the auto/truck/heavy equipment supply business for many years, and I'll tell ya, I've seen suppliers lose an OEM customer's business for a lot less than what has happened with CC and Align so far. Been on the receiving end of that a few times, too.

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #50 (permalink)

Well here is some new and interesting news that pretty much made me look super retarded. So I spoke to my brother to see if he knew if align had a new 700 coming out. (and I takeback everything previously) He spoke with Tim from Assurance Align usa. Here is the scope, the new align 700 fbl is coming out in about 3 months. It will have the new tail up grade which is similar to the kde direct, it will have the dfc head, it will have direct servo to swash link set up and will come with the new brushless servos. They said it will be about 250 to 300 higher then the normal kit. It has been redisigned to go up against the newer helicopters such as the goblin, compass, etc. Also let me reiterate how stupid i feel at the given moment, I am going to stitch my mouth closed.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't beat yourself up. (Refer to my tagline.) The fact that someone is even in this hobby at all speaks volumes about their perseverance and intelligence.

I'm really looking at getting a current model 700E FBL from Grand RC, so I can spec all the bits I want in it- Beast X, Align servos, CC 120, Align motor & blades, CC BEC.

After flying the F3C in today's wind down at the field (about 15 gusting 25) I'm convinced I have no business building a 450 for myself. I'd never get to fly it, the way the winds are around here.

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still hadn't got my esc from castle do I called them. Guess what. No record of my esc. Wtf. I would love to fly my heli.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone else using canamod canopies? The grommets that come on it fit too tight. I cracked my canopy just trying to pull it off.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeez, Hoosier. If it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any. What's next?

Is the ESC issue still not resolved?

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually I feel as though things have gone very well with my two align helis. Yes castle just got me my replacement Friday. I've got it programmed an headed back out now to give her a shot. I opened the esc up this time and verified the solder work. Looks good. I was actually just wandering if anyone else had noticed this with canamod. I tore up the front around the forward holes trying to get the dmn this to come off the mount. The align grommets are tight but not that tight. I also have a replacement canopy on the way to replace the one from the kit that was tore up out of the box. I just have to find time to stick mine in the mail. I actually prefer the look of the stock superior over the stock 700e. It's bigger and my extra long life rx pack fits better.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiermo1 View Post
Anyone else using canamod canopies? The grommets that come on it fit too tight. I cracked my canopy just trying to pull it off.
Sometimes it is not the grommet but the hole they fit into needs reaming out a bit to allow the centre hole to stretch out. I use QuickUK magnetic canopy mounts. They are great. Anything is better than the stupid ones Align fit.

I have to say I would not use Canomod. I had a Canomod canopy that flaked and they wanted to charge me $110 to replace it even though they agreed that poor surface preparation was the cause????

I am even going off Fusano. I ordered a new canopy for my F3C and they put "Compass" on it even though the order was for an "Align Trex F3C". Not only this but they did not form the major lettering "700 F3C" on the side very well. They agreed to take the word "Compass" off but would not do anything about the other lettering.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having the same flaking with mine around the bottom edge. Nice to know. I will stick with the align canopies from now on and try a set of quick uk mounts.
Thanks
Mike
Old 04-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking forward to the Align F3C "Staysee" type canopy being available.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I took a look at those QuickUK mounts. I really like em. That's on next month's to purchase list. Thanks, watdazit.

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by watdazit View Post
I'm looking forward to the Align F3C "Staysee" type canopy being available.
Is that the whole heli type canopy like you see being flown in the competitions. Like on the big hiring f3c birds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in