Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default protos with ikon

Anyone care to share photos of their gov sensor on their Protos 500 and what Gov sensor works best with the Ikon fbl. i want to try the auto bailout feature this season.

solex227
MCPX V2
solex227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the built in phase sensor that comes with the MSH YGE-60 esc. The YGE comes with 2 servo plugs the shorter one hooks to the Ikon governor adapter. I am not really able to get a picture as it is currently in my Heli.

If your esc doesn't have a built in phase sensor, then the most common option seems to be The Hobby Wing 2 wire sensor which can be had for under $10.
It has two wires that hook into two of the three motor wires and two that wire into the fbl controller. One is ground the other is signal or sense. I think the instructions that come with the( HW sensor and the diagram in the ikon software. Indicate which wires are which.
I have one of these hooked to a YEP and wired to a standard servo on the output side. I will try to get down to the shop tomorrow and get a pic or two of the HW sensor and how it wires in.

Not the best shot but you can see the gov adapter plugged into the Ikon and if you look you can also see the two esc leads running up the frame tail looks like servo leads.

If you need to know how to wire a hobbywing sensor to the ikon gov adapter I would search "hobbywing phase sensor Ikon" or ask in the brain/ikon su forum

(Pic is of aYGE w/o built in sensor and a HW sensor wired to it)
Protos Carbon Stretch, MSH Scorpion, YGE, Ikon

Last edited by deebee; 06-10-2015 at 01:40 PM..
deebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks that whas helpful. im using a CC Ice 100 on the protos i will pick up a Hobby Wing sensor this week.

solex227
MCPX V2
solex227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good wasn't sure the info would be useful. We're you able to find out how to wire the hobby wing to the Ikon adapter? If I remember right it not so complicated, just have to know which wires are which on the ikon gov adapter.

Then again it might just plug right in can't remember if the hw gov sensor has a male Jr servo plug on it or not.
Protos Carbon Stretch, MSH Scorpion, YGE, Ikon

Last edited by deebee; 06-15-2015 at 11:42 PM..
deebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in