Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSR X not working properly ??

Hi guys, i was hoping someone could help me out, as i have purchased a new MSR X flybarless fixed pitch chopper.

Im reasonably new at flying choppers but have been practicing on my G5 sim to get my head around it and am pretty confident in my ability to fly this puppy. I have been flying on and off fixed wing for many years.
Im using a new Spektrum DX6i as my controller and am not sure of the settings i should be using for this micro chopper ??

I have put a battery in it to give it a try as you do when you buy something new and are desperate to have a fly, lol, but I think it has a problem as when i throttle up the Aileron servo extends itself without any input by me. Ive tried to trim this out but to no avail.
I have bound the Heli ok, that part is all good.

But I found that when i throttle up i can see the Aileron servo slowly moves up to its highest possition and this obviously wants to make the chopper bank to that side.
It corrects itself only, when you throttle back down again and the servo goes back to the neutral possition.

Does anyone have any ideas for me please as i dont know enough about this Heli, or does this sound like a problem with the Heli itself, and needs to be taken back ??.
I havent even flown it yet, so it hasnt hit anything, i have just taken it out of the box and wanted to hover the thing the best i could in the one spot, but haven't been able to do that cause of this problem.

Thank you in advance
Reddwarf73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Sydney, Australia

Hi everyone, Ive been enjoying reading the posts and forums on your site with all your knowledgeable people in regards to various problems people have. a big thumbs up to everyone for being free, willing and able to give informative info for various things to help. I have only recently got the bug to fly Helis but have been flying fixed wing for a few years. Some say i have finally woken up to myself,lol. I think i will keep enjoying flying both.

I live down under in Sydney, Australia , and our weather has not been real good for flying outside, cause its either raining or blowing a gail or both together at the moment. It seems that I'm always working on the good weather days and cant get a fly in. Lol. Thats what it has been like for a while for me anyway, it just seems to never work out for me lol. Hence the urge to get a little indoor/outdoor chopper to fly to get my fix. Lol. After all its like electronic cocaine my addiction of flying, lol.

I have bought a new MSR X flybarless fixed pitch chopper and have a slight problem with it, and was wondering if anyone could help or if it was just me doing something wrong with the settings on my DX6i. I'm thinking there is a problem with this new Heli i have purchased.
I have just got it out of the box and started to try to fly it, but have noticed that as i throttle up the aileron servo also moves for some reason and causes the chopper to veer to the left quite significantly. I haven't given it any input for it to do this, and it is really driving me nuts. I have tried to trim it out but this did nothing as it just seems to automatically do it when i throttle up, but when i throttle off it self adjusts back to normal and centres its self again. It doesn't seem to matter what i do it doesn't work, arrr.
Has anyone heard if this is a problem with these new helis or am i doing something wrong ??

Thank you in advance
Chris
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Search on this form for the MM mod..........this'll take care of most, if not all of the kicking over to the left.......welcome aboard!

I own two of these things (one converted to brushless), they're a lot of fun.....
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're holding it stationary and throttling up the servos will move like that (I'm guessing it's the as3x adjusting the servos). Pop off the aileron servo pushrod and turn it(the black part that connects to the swash plate)icounter clockwise 3 full rotations (loosening/lengthening it). Pop off the elevator push rod and twist that one (the black part that connects to the swash plate) clockwise 1 full rotation, tightening/shortening it. (the aforementioned mmm mod). If you don't turn them a complete 360 degrees you will be trying to force them onto the swash plate and break something. They only go on 1 direction. Hope this helps. I know it did for me

This will make it much more stable in a hover.
Ecnalab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, and don't trim it with the remote. It messes it up. Keep your trims at center when doing the mmm
Ecnalab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

agreed, the only time i ever use trim, even on my msr, is rudder (<4 clicks), when I have a tail motor on the way out.....
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 06-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks heaps for the info !!!.

Thanks for the info Koi-fish and Ecnalab, im working today but will have a look tonight to reign in this new MSR X of mine. Thanks again guys

Chris
Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, when you attach the battery, leave the heli on a flat surface for a few seconds as the gyro learns level. Else it will not fly right.

As said before, keep all trims centered.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found mine did this also out of the box. What i found works well is throttle up until its nearly light on the skids to get the head speed up. Then Give it a fair bit more so it sort of pops up into the air. I found if i do a slow take off it veers to the left. A fast pop in the air and most of this left motion is taken out.
hope it helps.
jackal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I found mine did this also out of the box. What i found works well is throttle up until its nearly light on the skids to get the head speed up. Then Give it a fair bit more so it sort of pops up into the air. I found if i do a slow take off it veers to the left. A fast pop in the air and most of this left motion is taken out.
hope it helps.
I find that after doing the mm mod that I get better takeoffs if i just power right up and not go at it lightly. I have the most trouble when I spool up a little then take off. If I just get right on it, the thing almost always goes straight up.
turnedforgood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely don't give it any trim -- that disables the stabilization system and it will be really twitchy.
cp11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks again for all the udates, im going to give it a try.

I think im being a bit too precious with it, lol. Grab the bull by the horns you reckon and just try and fly it like you stole it, lol. I was going to try and take it back to the shop but im going to give it a crack and see what happens, hopefully not literally.

Thanks heaps for the info guys.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How good is this thing to fly, love it now :)

Thanks heaps for all your info, I took it up and gave it some throttle so it pops up off the ground quicker and that is sooooo much better, i was ***** footin around with it and thought id never get of the ground with it, lol. Ive been through a few batteries now and loving it. Still had a few stacks in between, lol, but my confidence in the product is now there, so Thanks Heaps for the info everyone I love this thing, its great fun.

Chris
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedforgood View Post
I find that after doing the mm mod that I get better takeoffs if i just power right up and not go at it lightly. I have the most trouble when I spool up a little then take off. If I just get right on it, the thing almost always goes straight up.
You were Bang on the money turnedforgood, you need to jump on the throttle and get right on it and it just starts flying nice, thanks heaps man. Cheers Chris
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hope it helps.
Thanks heaps, it helped alot Cheers Jackal
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool keep going mate. I'm such a noob and loving this thing. Can now Forward Fly. This thing is awesome. Had some big stacks but no damage yet
jackal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Cool keep going mate. I'm such a noob and loving this thing. Can now Forward Fly. This thing is awesome. Had some big stacks but no damage yet
Yeh I love this thing now, only just started to take it outside on the weekend and give it a bigger work out. MAAAAN HOW GOOD WAS THAT, LOL. it is so quick hey, i was loving it. I was pretty confident outside with alot more room, as i had only flown insde in my very small lounge room, lol. I havent flown helis much either, but have found this MSRX as3X awesome even in a bit of wind, you have to pitch the nose in alot to get her going into a descent head wind LOL, definatly puttin it through its paces, LOL. It performed very well for the size of it hey. I think you cant be scared of flying this thing, cause you have to fly it like you stole it, LOL to appreciate what it can do. With the settings i found for my DX6i, I find this stable with out even having to adjust my servo arms, just the settings. Did you adjust your arms on your servos ??. It would be interesting to fly both settings now to see if there is much difference.
Cheers Chris
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddwarf73 View Post
I think im being a bit too precious with it, lol. Grab the bull by the horns you reckon and just try and fly it like you stole it, lol. I was going to try and take it back to the shop but im going to give it a crack and see what happens, hopefully not literally.

Thanks heaps for the info guys.
This.....++1. While learning, I crashed this thing many, many times, nearly every time, it kept on ticking. Like the energizer bunny...........the only time I really hurt it was hitting a light pole at 30-40 feet off the ground going full tilt (before brushless conversion).

This week, when I get the parts in the next couple of days, gonna add a bigger brushless motor and a brushless tail....ride it like you stole it, indeed.

I have a mild stocker as well with some rakon bling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in