Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

So since my last post on this thread, I have gotten my dad into this sport with a B450 as well (his first RC anything as well). Anyways, I noticed his motor had a HUGE amount of play. He did not like that at all and phoned HH up, I told him that the guy I talked to just told me it was a out of the box warrenty and that I was on my own. So as per this thread, I did the JB weld. It is still rocking sauce to this day!

Anyways, guess what HH told my dad?? that they will not only send a new motor out for him, but for me as well!!!! 2 motors without even talking to me!! that is insane service!! I almost feel bad posting this as other people will now phone them up and expect more!! Anyways, Thank you very much Horizon, amazing service, really really really good. But I guess it does depend on who picks up the phone!
Shafto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor shaft grooved.

Just to add to this thread, I had the same issues with the motor shaft others have had. I only had two minor crashes, cracked blades, feathering shaft bent, broke one blade grip. Main shaft fine. I sent the service inquiry to HH and this is the reply I received.
-----
"Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.

The warranty on this item only covers that it be defective free out of box since this is a flying object and can sustain damage during crashes. There is no way to quantify for damage caused by crashes at this point. You will need to replace the motor.

To reply to this e-mail or to place another Horizon Hobby Support Inquiry, please visit our inquiry form. If you are referencing a past request, please include the following ticket number when prompted: 26,349

Don't forget, our phone staff is available at 1-877-504-0233, Monday through Friday, 8am-7pm CST, Saturday 8-5pm CST and Sunday Noon-5PM CST.
----
This heli was a Christmas gift so it isn't that old. So much for great service. I may have to go to building my own from here on out.
Youngerberry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've herd that before! For one, I do think that speaking to people in person goes farther than an email.

The weird thing about this is that their response to you is fair but man is there drastic differences in responses.

I got the same as you then the next thing I know I have a new replacement free of charge!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah doesn't seem like they are responding the same to the same complaints. I understand the "warranty out of the box" statement but don't understand why the motor basically destroyed itself in such a short period of time. I think I'll fiddle around with the JB weld fix and see what happens.
Youngerberry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I would either call them or email them again. You might get a different person.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngerberry View Post
Yeah doesn't seem like they are responding the same to the same complaints. I understand the "warranty out of the box" statement but don't understand why the motor basically destroyed itself in such a short period of time. I think I'll fiddle around with the JB weld fix and see what happens.
i must say, mine is holding up very well! I will not put the new motor in till I need to, we will see how long that is.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default brushless motor shaft

My second kds motor has failed with the upper bearing flogging out the shaft . The first time causing a crash by stripping drive gear. Taking it apart and testing the unworn shaft in the bearing , the shaft is not a tight fit . Will look at trying a repair using a 3mm split dowel pin as a shaft, this will be a tight fit in a 3mm bearing and a neat fit in the pinion gear.
jandlz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in