Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

HP05S magnet bell on the left, HP06V2 on the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hp05hp06.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	510075  
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info, I didn't even know they was a HP10 that is HUGE. i seen a guy had one in a 130x thought it was a typo lol

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

As everyone already knows, Dlyan at AsteroidDesigns is amazing. He set me up with a 7mm motor and soldered a pin on it for me (I hate soldering those little pins, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it soon). Just planning for the future: has anyone tried out the micro-motor warehouse 7mm x 20mm fast motors as a tail motor for a BL mcpx? They are supposed to be really powerful. I wonder if that would result in really good tail hold for a mild brushless upgrade like mine. Any thoughts?
sethy79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethy79 View Post
As everyone already knows, Dlyan at AsteroidDesigns is amazing. He set me up with a 7mm motor and soldered a pin on it for me (I hate soldering those little pins, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it soon). Just planning for the future: has anyone tried out the micro-motor warehouse 7mm x 20mm fast motors as a tail motor for a BL mcpx? They are supposed to be really powerful. I wonder if that would result in really good tail hold for a mild brushless upgrade like mine. Any thoughts?

As stated before, the 120sr tail motor would probably be the best choice...stronger and more powerful than the 7's and simple to replace
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Ready to go brushless but need advice

An HP10 makes for a very dynamic range of collective thrust and frightening headspeed.

You find out quick if things are set up well once you unleash it.

I am afraid of it fully powered up. A good positive collective pump will send it to the tree tops in a second!

I sorta fell into my double BL, only to figure out later just how crazy it is!

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
As stated before, the 120sr tail motor would probably be the best choice...stronger and more powerful than the 7's and simple to replace
120sr tail is not needed with the M5 main motor, it's just added weight.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
120sr tail is not needed with the M5 main motor, it's just added weight.
The OP wants to experience brushless before going larger...and given that the HP05 w/V2 is probably his maximum, the 120sr tail will most certainly be needed then

His flying style as stated almost dictates all the tail authority that the heli can muster
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't mean to cause any fights. I'm not planning on upgrading the main, just looking to see options for 7mm tails. I like to have extras on hand in case I crash and damage them or burn them out. Dylan doesn't always have stock, so I wanted to see if there are other options. I have read a lot about micro motors warehouse. Their motors are supposed to be powerful and well made, so I wondered if those were an option for my M5 build.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Don't mean to cause any fights. I'm not planning on upgrading the main, just looking to see options for 7mm tails. I like to have extras on hand in case I crash and damage them or burn them out. Dylan doesn't always have stock, so I wanted to see if there are other options. I have read a lot about micro motors warehouse. Their motors are supposed to be powerful and well made, so I wondered if those were an option for my M5 build.
I'm interested in those motors too, might have to order some up and try them out, but I always go brushless tail anyways
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

But... Problem with the longer 7mm motors is they are all meant to run a larger than stock prop, and they have more inertia in the motor themselves, which adds to stop bounce and wag. Too many tail options now, the 13500kv M5 and 7mm oversky is a good combo especially coming from a stock mcpx v2.

What batteries are you using? The hyperion 330's are actually pretty good, Oversky 45c 300's are little beasts.

And just a heads up, you will have to track down and eliminate vibes with the new motor, and tighten up the damping in the head, we grind .3 mm off of the threaded end of the feathering shaft, does the trick nicely to tighten things up.

Lower amplitude vibes will make the tail act strange, harder vibes show up in the cyclic on the v2
Old 05-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Btw your stuff went out today, right as they dropped off my order full of 7mm tail motors :o
Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Are you talking about on a converted MCPX or a MCPX BL?
the Bl is brush less tail stock.
I know myself i would rather not go to 500mah batterys, that is why we chose the motor we did, and when I have fresh battery's I can get 3 minute flights out of it

Old 05-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm very excited to get my brushless upgrades. Hopefully they come soon. I'll stick with the oversky 7mm for now (until I figure out a way to destroy it while I fly!). Thanks for the advice. I've got 250mah Hyperions. I love them because they charge fast and they have stayed steady performance wise for nearly a year. I just put 3 new ones into the rotation and I can't really tell the difference between the new and old. I've been very impressed.

I will work on grinding down the FS now. I've always been annoyed at how loose the BL grips seem on mine. If grinding it down a bit will help, I'm all for it. I have to replace my main shaft too. I think I damaged it when I was recutting the notch for the main gear. I like the MH solid main shaft, but I hate that the main gear doesn't fit properly on it and I have to cut it to make it work. My whole heli has a nasty vibe from the crack going up the shaft. Has anyone successfully CA'ed that to fix it?

I have another question for the brushless gurus out there. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a MH frame. I know it's more expensive than the stock frame, but I am tired of breaking pins (I even have the braces from AstroidDesigns but they still break after a while of hard flying). Will the MH frame do better over all, or will it break just as often and be more of a pain to work with?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a big fan of the MH frame, never had to modify their main shaft either, always a direct fit. If there's slop it's likely worn out main shaft bearings.

On plastic frames I fix broken pins by drilling holes in them and fitting a carbon rod or music wire pin and glue them back together. Sometimes you can't even tell a repair was made. Also helps to cut the pins flush with the grommets on the canopy so the canopy is more likely to eject in crashes to save the pins.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hyperion 250s were great, you'll want to try their new 330s though, much better flight time and performance.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do get a MH frame, which I also really like, do not get the version with three main shaft bearings. That middle bearing does nothing but bind up the main shaft.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
The hyperion 250s were great, you'll want to try their new 330s though, much better flight time and performance.
A whole lot more battery for the same size and a little more weight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400698119414.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	510498   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400698128436.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	510499   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400698136279.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	510500  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you may have convinced me on the 330s. Sounds perfect to me. I'll have to save up to get a couple if I jump on the MH frame.

I don't get slop in the bearings with the MH shaft. I just can't get the main gear all the way seated. I have to cut the notch at the bottom a little higher so that the shaft doesn't have up and down play. All three I've owned have been the same way.

As always, thanks for the advice guys!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh nice was going to ask who had 350's Dad just got (2) of the nano tech 45c for us to try they are 8.7g and Wow amazing power but i really wish i had a fresh 300 35 c to compare were flying battery's he ordered 2 yrs ago and stored and just got out for us to use.

Hyp is less weight. who has best price on them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in