Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default genius cp wont going up

I had a genius cp and it wont going up with full throttlr in normal mod,i already switch in 6 and 3 axis mode and it stll wont going up..whats thr matter guys?is it thr baterry?or anythj g else?it begins when i had a soft crash on the fence..thanks for helping me up guyss
valestrife is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

are your main blades at zero pitch at midstick still? are your servo's still all functioning properly? i think we need a little bit more info for this one.....
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the main shaft collar.
In some, even soft crashes hit just right, the main shaft collar can slip and allow main shaft to move down a bit. This causes difficulty to take off.
Main shaft should not move up/down at all. It is locked in place with that collar.
Futaba T8FGS
pilot4fn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4fn View Post
In some, even soft crashes hit just right, the main shaft collar can slip and allow main shaft to move down a bit. This causes difficulty to take off.
Main shaft should not move up/down at all. It is locked in place with that collar.
+1 that one had me fooled once!!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide1 View Post
are your main blades at zero pitch at midstick still? are your servo's still all functioning properly? i think we need a little bit more info for this one.....
im kinda sure that my servos are still in good condition..and i think my main blades sure at zero pitch because i never open it,does a simple crash can make the main blades arent at zero pitch?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4fn View Post
i havent check on that one,,gonna do it now..thanks for helping..by the way, can i set the main shaft collar without disassemble it?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

by the way..it can took off very well without the canopy..is the canopy bothering the system or the central gravity?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
i havent check on that one,,gonna do it now..thanks for helping..by the way, can i set the main shaft collar without disassemble it?
Yes You can access it without disassembling the heli. Collar is on the main shaft immediately above the top main shaft bearing.
Futaba T8FGS
pilot4fn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
by the way..it can took off very well without the canopy..is the canopy bothering the system or the central gravity?
try putting the canopy back on, and check and see if any of the servo arms are being blocked by the canopy, probably at the front of the canopy.. if it was the ones at the back your genius would tip over either left or right.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Valestrife -

Hold the heli by the landing gear; pull back & forth gently on the button at the very top of the blade assembly. If you can move that, the first thing I would check is that the gear is still precessed tight on the bottom of the mainshaft; a crash can often generate enough force to pull the shaft partway out of the gear.

Once you've verified that there is slop in the mainshaft as I've described above, turn the heli over and look at the main gear where the mainshaft comes through the middle of it. You'll see a raised molding around the gear; the mainshaft should be just about flush with end of that molding. If not, hold the main blade holder assembly and press the gear tight again.

This is a thing with this family of microhelis; a lot of people complain that its a pain in the butt. I see it as one of the reasons this heli is so durable; if that spot didn't let go in that way, then we'd be breaking parts instead.

Here's a short video I've made on the subject:

[ame]http://youtu.be/CYW679hm_L8[/ame]

Hope that helps,

mnem
I have predictive text on my smartphone and collective pitch on my heli. Maybe if I had collective text & predictive pitch instead...
mnementh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wowsers! Mnementh that frame is awesome!! your own design? any chance of a few closeup pics of your baseplate? and how is the weight? i'm sure the extra stiffness helps remove some of the weirdo vibes this bird can create!! oh.. and nice video too! well explained, easy to understand, even for people from a non english speaking background like the op!! +1
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
try putting the canopy back on, and check and see if any of the servo arms are being blocked by the canopy, probably at the front of the canopy.. if it was the ones at the back your genius would tip over either left or right.
Yah this is my problems..while full throttle it went right
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnementh View Post
Valestrife -

Hold the heli by the landing gear; pull back & forth gently on the button at the very top of the blade assembly. If you can move that, the first thing I would check is that the gear is still precessed tight on the bottom of the mainshaft; a crash can often generate enough force to pull the shaft partway out of the gear.

Once you've verified that there is slop in the mainshaft as I've described above, turn the heli over and look at the main gear where the mainshaft comes through the middle of it. You'll see a raised molding around the gear; the mainshaft should be just about flush with end of that molding. If not, hold the main blade holder assembly and press the gear tight again.

This is a thing with this family of microhelis; a lot of people complain that its a pain in the butt. I see it as one of the reasons this heli is so durable; if that spot didn't let go in that way, then we'd be breaking parts instead.

Here's a short video I've made on the subject:

http://youtu.be/CYW679hm_L8

Hope that helps,

mnem
I have predictive text on my smartphone and collective pitch on my heli. Maybe if I had collective text & predictive pitch instead...
Thanks alot mate!!!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
wowsers! Mnementh that frame is awesome!! your own design? any chance of a few closeup pics of your baseplate? and how is the weight? i'm sure the extra stiffness helps remove some of the weirdo vibes this bird can create!! oh.. and nice video too! well explained, easy to understand, even for people from a non english speaking background like the op!! +1
Oxide -

Thanks! The idea was to present it as clearly as possible, for just that reason. Even though it appears this wasn't his problem this time, it will be sooner or later.

My chassis is a hand-made AL baseplate bonded & screwed to a cut-down stock Genius CP chassis; I built it as the foundation for a last attempt at figuring out why my lil' bird is such a total spazz. I learned a long time ago building stock cars; if you don't have something solid & square to start with, you'll never figure out why won't go straight.

It is solid as a brick sh!thouse; and it weighs like one too. But I'm interested in it as an experimental platform to eliminate possible causes one-by-one, not to fly on a regular basis. The oversize skids were deliberate for this too; they're from a 9Eagles 180D. Between the plate and the screws to hold everything together, it added 10 grams to my AUW, so definitely not a good idea for anything except hover flight.

I have a full teardown & buildup in the works; it'll be long and detailed & lots of photos. I'm just in the middle of chasing down a heavy vibration in the head again, so that's been put on hold.

mnem
Go fast, turn left.
mnementh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yah this is my problems..while full throttle it went right
glad you figured it out! try using a bit of heatshrink or something on either side of your canopy pin to act as a spacer, it helps keep it clear of the servos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnementh View Post
Oxide -

Thanks! The idea was to present it as clearly as possible, for just that reason. Even though it appears this wasn't his problem this time, it will be sooner or later.

My chassis is a hand-made AL baseplate bonded & screwed to a cut-down stock Genius CP chassis; I built it as the foundation for a last attempt at figuring out why my lil' bird is such a total spazz. I learned a long time ago building stock cars; if you don't have something solid & square to start with, you'll never figure out why won't go straight.

It is solid as a brick sh!thouse; and it weighs like one too. But I'm interested in it as an experimental platform to eliminate possible causes one-by-one, not to fly on a regular basis. The oversize skids were deliberate for this too; they're from a 9Eagles 180D. Between the plate and the screws to hold everything together, it added 10 grams to my AUW, so definitely not a good idea for anything except hover flight.

I have a full teardown & buildup in the works; it'll be long and detailed & lots of photos. I'm just in the middle of chasing down a heavy vibration in the head again, so that's been put on hold.

mnem
Go fast, turn left.
10grams... wowsers... that's a lot for this little bird!! no wonder its basically a "hover" machine! can't wait to see the rebuild pics!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in