Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
Crash repairs are a thing of the past
You can still crash, you just have to work at it a little harder. I had one on a Blade 400. It worked well but was no match for a couple of really dumb thumbs!
Warhorse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

FM will never be fast enough to react and be used as a proper 'bail out' system but it does a job of work in assisting in the early steps of learning to get your bird in the air
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
FM will never be fast enough to react and be used as a proper 'bail out' system but it does a job of work in assisting in the early steps of learning to get your bird in the air
I found it was a tremendous help in getting me over the forward flight hurdle. Before FM, I couldn't do much more than tail in hover. If I tried anything else I usually ended up panicking and crashing. I just needed that little bit of extra stability until I could get my self confidence up and my nerves settled down enough to think about what I was doing.
Warhorse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well after reading and watching how the flymentor works. Its seems to me that the Co-Pilot II would be the best "bailout" correct?

Wydiablo
WyDiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, CPII is perceived to be the preferable 'bail out' device with its faster reaction times. Also the fact that its artificial horizon is not determined by gyros which tend to get 'confused' and lose track af the helis attitude during fast maneuvers.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was trying to decide between a Flymentor or another Co-Pilot II, but after see all the crap I would have to tweek and set for the flymentor I'll go with the Co-Pilot. At least thats the easiest to setup and fly without that much hassle.
WyDiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good decision, each to what suites their purpose
Old 12-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyDiablo View Post
I was trying to decide between a Flymentor or another Co-Pilot II, but after see all the crap I would have to tweek and set for the flymentor I'll go with the Co-Pilot. At least thats the easiest to setup and fly without that much hassle.
i am waiting for delivery of a HK-500CMT, and have both CoPilotII and FlyMentor sitting on the shelf...
if CoPilot is the choice, could you please tell me what the significant advantages are, over the FM?

Cheers
AussieHoppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its only significant advantage is that is does have a much quicker response time to self level the heli when it is engaged. As Pril stated above it has the capability to be used as a bailout system, whereas the Flymentor cannot. Its main disadvantage is in flying where you simply do not have a good visible horizon, or one cluttered with obstacles that will obscure its ability to "see" the horizon. Whereas the FM can fly in a totally enclosed area. Plus the Copilot has to have more measuring components hanging off it to measure with than the simple ground sensor of the Flymentor. Each has its own purpose, mostly depending on you. What kind of flying you do and where you fly. And what kind of aid are you looking for?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx LMH
being a 500 size heli, i'm hoping it'll be big enough that the extra components to fit to the heli shouldnt be an issue.
I generally fly open parks & the like
Primarily I'd like to have a good "bail out" system to help me transition from my BladeSR to this 500.
Secondarily I'm hoping to do some fpv and perhaps some amatuer photography from the 500 later, so a flight stabilizer & particularly bail out, would be a real asset for me.

I'm not expecting a miracle system, just an aid

much appreciate your advice guys

Happy New Year!

Cheers
AussieHoppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default anything changed since then?

Hello all,

I have a blade 450 3d, but to be honest, I am not looking to be a 3D expert, I just want to be able to fly the heli around at the park, may be at one point do some FPV or add a cam to it. I read this thread and looks like the Co-Pilot II is a better choice for bailout but is that more important for someone doing 3D or any kind of risky, harder flying as compare to what my goal is?

By the way, I am a beginner and would love to get the extra help to learn without crashing much and once in the air feel I can let go the sticks or make it come down safely.

I know this thread is old but hope someone is reading
tucker13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CoPilot will work well either if your a beginner or have some experience.
Not everyone who flies RC helicopters are in it for 3D.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker13 View Post
Hello all,

I have a blade 450 3d, but to be honest, I am not looking to be a 3D expert, I just want to be able to fly the heli around at the park, may be at one point do some FPV or add a cam to it. I read this thread and looks like the Co-Pilot II is a better choice for bailout but is that more important for someone doing 3D or any kind of risky, harder flying as compare to what my goal is?

By the way, I am a beginner and would love to get the extra help to learn without crashing much and once in the air feel I can let go the sticks or make it come down safely.

I know this thread is old but hope someone is reading
I am on the same boat, I can fly comfortably with the Blade 230S, recently I got a 450X for a scale project and am looking for a FBL control that provides "Stability" mode.
I will never be a 3D pilot but sport flying is fun for me.
FE Boater Arcadia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in