Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 250, Motor / Rotor not spinning up. PLEASE HELP

Hello out there,

Please help.

I just purchased a brand new Bind To Fly (BTF) Trex250 DFC Plus, 3GX MRS Heli. I was able to successfully bind it to my Align T6 Transmitter. All of the control movements are working just fine (aileron, elevator, rudder). My problem is that the Motor and therefore, Rotors are not spinning up. When I move the Throttle Stick up and down, the Swash and Servo's do respond, but again, the Motor and Rotors are not spinning up. The ESC cables are wired as usual, red to red, blue to blue and black to black. My receiver is the Align R6GF. My Heli also has the Align Gpro Flybarless system. Can anyone please help?

Respectfully,
Jaime
Jaime351 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

Have you set up your ESC ? ie assign end points of the throttle ?
Pachapapa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Set up ESC

I'm in the process of obtaining a 3mm Hex Key that I'm gonna need to do this. My receiver is buried in the frame set.

Thanks though.
Jaime351 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime351 View Post
I'm in the process of obtaining a 3mm Hex Key that I'm gonna need to do this. My receiver is buried in the frame set.

Thanks though.
I cant think of any screw that requires a 3mm hex key. Most screws are 1.5mm . Main rotor blade scres are 2mm.

Check the esc is actuslly plugged into reciever. Also check throttle is assigned to right chsnnel.

Also make sure that every metal into metal screw has had loctite applied or u will have screws vibrate loose. Generslly its a good idea to strip and rebuild.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My guess is 1.3MM.

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime351 View Post

Thanks though.
You should be able to set up the ESC without a Hex key. You mention that you can move the servos, so your Rx is already bound to the Tx. Do you hear beeping during binding the helicopter to the Tx?

In any case, I would very carefully look over your Tx settings, such as throttle curves, throttle hold, switch positions, etc., and also thoroughly acquaint yourself with the proper procedures for setting up throttle range and throttle end points for your particular ESC. You might need to start with a brand new model in your Tx and then set up from there--this has worked for some people.

In my case, when my 250 did this, it turned out to be a bad ESC.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in