Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys seems my mechanicals skills aren't as good as I thought I found the following arm for the 5 blade was tight and was restricting the servos but now I can say all is good got it to bind through all the steps and now just waiting for some more of the double sided tape I have ordered as I remove the FBL unit to test on the bench
So all looks good with the programming
Thankyou to all that has helped along the way I could not have got this far without you
I will get a vid of maybe the second flight lol not sure about the first
Thanks again
Watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok update
Could not wait for tape so clued it down and went for the first spool up WELLtail spun with torque of the motor ?? Went to the bench everything checks out
I put the heli in TH and applied throttle tail Finns seen to move in the direction of the main blades what have I missed. Everything was perfect in the setup
Just another day in this hobby lol
Cheers watho
Old 11-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your tail blades move the right direction when giving rudder. If they don't, reverse Rudder in your transmitter.

Then go to 3D-H's Setup step F and check the sensor direction.

Easiest way to check it IMO:

Holly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Check your tail blades move the right direction when giving rudder. If they don't, reverse Rudder in your transmitter.

Then go to 3D-H's Setup step F and check the sensor direction.

Easiest way to check it IMO:

+1 My bet is on this too.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys
Thanks again for all the help
Well it's a sad day, had my first hover yesterday ( sorted tail just uped the gyro settings seem to help) well hovered about a meter off the ground but very unstable, held it for about 30 sec's and lost it ,clipped the cloths line and ,no major damage but my pride
Everything seem to work properly but was missing something ???
Anyway back to the bench will remove the 5 blade head and go back to the Fbl head and start again
By the time I finish this thing I may be retired lol
Thanks again all it's been long and drawn out I know
Cheers watho
Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by watho 46 View Post
Hi guys
Thanks again for all the help
Well it's a sad day, had my first hover yesterday ( sorted tail just uped the gyro settings seem to help) well hovered about a meter off the ground but very unstable, held it for about 30 sec's and lost it ,clipped the cloths line and ,no major damage but my pride
Everything seem to work properly but was missing something ???
Anyway back to the bench will remove the 5 blade head and go back to the Fbl head and start again
By the time I finish this thing I may be retired lol
Thanks again all it's been long and drawn out I know
Cheers watho
Not a bad idea to start with 2 blades....:-) . You will get there, at least the system seems to be working now.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
Not a bad idea to start with 2 blades....:-) . You will get there, at least the system seems to be working now.

Thanks Harry
It seems to be funny but everything was looking good anyway enjoying the bench time lol
I must have killed a chinaman this week just flying the 450do3 in the backyard and lost sight of it behind a tree dumped it in the creek I would think that all the electronics would be shot??
Back to the bench lol
Cheers watho
Old 11-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks Harry
It seems to be funny but everything was looking good anyway enjoying the bench time lol
I must have killed a chinaman this week just flying the 450do3 in the backyard and lost sight of it behind a tree dumped it in the creek I would think that all the electronics would be shot??
Back to the bench lol
Cheers watho
Watho, consider upgrading your cyclic servos for sure and buy something with metal gears so you KNOW FOR SURE they wont be contributing to your next crash. Good luck..
I am rebuilding a Protos 500 after I lost the tail servo and I had to TH the bird down. Need new blades, complete new tail, new belt, some tensioners gone etc ..
Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Waltho.. here is something for you
I'm trying to convert my blade 400 to flybarless using the Turnigy 3d v2. I was flying it on my Trex 600N and it was great. I upgraded to a spartan VX1e and I was hoping to use the Turnigy with a satellite and lose all the extra wiring. Problem is I can't get the fbl unit to initialize with the satellite. It works fine with the receiver, but not at all with the satellite. Did you run into any problems? Are there any settings I'm missing?
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
I'm trying to convert my blade 400 to flybarless using the Turnigy 3d v2. I was flying it on my Trex 600N and it was great. I upgraded to a spartan VX1e and I was hoping to use the Turnigy with a satellite and lose all the extra wiring. Problem is I can't get the fbl unit to initialize with the satellite. It works fine with the receiver, but not at all with the satellite. Did you run into any problems? Are there any settings I'm missing?
Read this thread... You need to set up the Turnigy so it recognizes the Satellite FIRST before you do anything else ( like binding ) . It will work. I had no problems ( after I read the manual and read and re-read the forums ) to get the Turnigy to work with a Spektrum DSMX satellite. Read that little manual that came in the box . I believe section 5... ( could be section 4 - I do not have this little booklet available ) where it tells you how to get the Turnigy to recognize the Satellite. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

GOT IT!!! I read through every single word in the manual and couldn't find anything. However, it's in plain english with a great big picture showing it in the quick start guide. For anyone else:

Hold the setup button down while you power up the fbl. The A light will flash. The colored led is off which is normal receiver-default.

Hold the setup button down again for two seconds and it will change to purple. This is the spektrum receiver selection. Hold it down again for futaba etc.

Once it's on the color you want just power it down and then plug in the bind plug and bind your receiver at it worked the first time.

Thanks for your help. I was about ready to give up on the satellite and put a rx in it until I saw your blade pics.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
GOT IT!!! I read through every single word in the manual and couldn't find anything. However, it's in plain english with a great big picture showing it in the quick start guide. For anyone else:

Hold the setup button down while you power up the fbl. The A light will flash. The colored led is off which is normal receiver-default.

Hold the setup button down again for two seconds and it will change to purple. This is the spektrum receiver selection. Hold it down again for futaba etc.

Once it's on the color you want just power it down and then plug in the bind plug and bind your receiver at it worked the first time.

Thanks for your help. I was about ready to give up on the satellite and put a rx in it until I saw your blade pics.
Great!!

Now, so you know... It seems that the general recommendation for a heli larger than size 500 is to have a full size receiver AND an additional Satellite because of the potential for the signal to get blocked by the LARGER body of the heli.. So be aware of that!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys
Well changed back to the 2 blade DFC and had a fly ,just a small hover feels very doughy and looks like there is a slightly bent main shaft( waiting for a replacement
The other thing I found was that the servos work well but respond quickly enough but take time comming back to centre ?? Any ideas
After all this I feel I know the heli and 3D-H intermitly
Thanks guys
Watho
Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi guys
Well changed back to the 2 blade DFC and had a fly ,just a small hover feels very doughy and looks like there is a slightly bent main shaft( waiting for a replacement
The other thing I found was that the servos work well but respond quickly enough but take time comming back to centre ?? Any ideas
After all this I feel I know the heli and 3D-H intermitly
Thanks guys
Watho
Hi Watho. servos come back to center as quickly as they need to IN THE AIR .If you have the heli on the bench the computer (FBL unit) sees a different need and returning the servos to center quickly is NOT one of them. So, I guess I am telling you that it is normal for them to return slowly ON THE BENCH :-)
Old 11-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK well it's back on the bench
Going through the setup and flight checks and found that Aliron left good response Aliron right about half the pace of the other side
Tried some different pulse settings and frequencies but nothing seemed to speed things up ??
Thinking servos but why one way fast theothe side slowwwww ??
Got me buggered
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Cheers watho
Old 11-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK well it's back on the bench
Going through the setup and flight checks and found that Aliron left good response Aliron right about half the pace of the other side
Tried some different pulse settings and frequencies but nothing seemed to speed things up ??
Thinking servos but why one way fast theothe side slowwwww ??
Got me buggered
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Cheers watho
Assuming they are THE SAME brand / type / model servos... SWAP them around and see if the problem moves with the servo. That will tell you if your servo is not cutting it.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Assuming they are THE SAME brand / type / model servos... SWAP them around and see if the problem moves with the servo. That will tell you if your servo is not cutting it.

Hi Harry
Thanks , I know it doesn't make sense ?? All servos the same
The 2 servos Ali and pit work together they move one way faster than the other
Thinking I will try the servos you mentioned in the earlier post
Also what tail servo are you using ??
Could you also let me know what sat you used as I have bought a 550X for a build over Xmas
Thanks again watho
Old 11-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Harry
Thanks , I know it doesn't make sense ?? All servos the same
The 2 servos Ali and pit work together they move one way faster than the other
Thinking I will try the servos you mentioned in the earlier post
Also what tail servo are you using ??
Could you also let me know what sat you used as I have bought a 550X for a build over Xmas
Thanks again watho
Watho46, if you swap those two servos around and the problem goes with the servo ie the servo that is slower is now on the other servo location, then you'll know it is the servo itself. You may want to try that first before buying new servos.
BTW On the Tail servo for the 450X I just use the standard eflite 76T That works absolutely fine .http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-EFLR...item1c481db95c

As far as the satellite is concerned . Just the Spektrum DMSX version.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:17 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Try CORONA DS-919MG that should do for a 450X size... Assuming you are not a HOT 3D Pilot. They are about 8 dollars each and have metal gears!!

Hi Harry
Have ordered some of these , just waiting for delivery
Can you hi light me on pulse and frequencies you are running
It's been a long road but I can see the light
Thanks again watho
Old 12-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Harry
Have ordered some of these , just waiting for delivery
Can you hi light me on pulse and frequencies you are running
It's been a long road but I can see the light
Thanks again watho
Watho, I run them on a 1200 mm YAK 54 airplane but here is what I see on the packaging

ball bearing
digital with mosfet drive
metal gears
Torque 1.5 kg.cm
speed 0.07sec / 60*
weight 12.5 grammes
size 22.5 x 11.5 x 24.6 mm

website www.corona-rc.com

Check it out.

I bought some more of these for another airplane. They work..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in