Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is my DX7 bad??? Never mind, figured it out.

Hey everybody, here is the story. I was out flying one of my helis the other day (rex 450 v2) and had what appeared to be a servo go out. Managed to crash without too much damage but found one of the three cyclic servos (jrds285mg) not working. Thought that I had just had a servo failure. Pulled another servo off another 450 that I have to get my main one flying again and it worked, but here is the weird part. The servo responds normally in elevator but quits working in aileron. Only one servo moves and the other just sits there, again only in aileron (moving the stick left and right). Works fine in elevator (moving the stick forward and back), pitch works as well. Here is a list of what I have tried: Did a bind over again, changed out that servo with two different others, changed recievers and did a bind on that one, swaped servos from aileron to elevator and vise versa: the problem follows the aileron channel!!! I also set used another model set up for another of my 450's and bound to that. I would really like to find out for sure before I send this in to get it fixed as I also have a 3rd 450 on this tx as well as a .30 and .50 size.

Notes: all servos used were JRDS285, RX's used were both Spektrum 6100E, Stock motor, stock esc, DX7 tx, flightmax batts (tried 2).

Any ideas or things to try would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by JKEP44; 07-09-2009 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: Was never a problem, operator error
JKEP44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A guy in a Swedish heli forum had similar problems with his Sanwa TX. It turned out to be a cable that goes to the stick that had come loose.
Merlin.swe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Try making a new model and rebind to that. Do a quickie setup like set the swash type, etc.... Does the problem follow?

Also look in your servo monitor screen and see if all 3 servo graphs show they are moving.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry everybody, never mind. I am a moron. It is late and I had a few too many brews on the rebuild! I had one of the aileron servos in the pitch channel on the RX. I didnt see it because I didnt plug in the pitch servo until after I wrote the thread. That was why it was only working in elevator and not aileron movement. Thanks anyway.
JKEP44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in