Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi
after upgrading to 4.01
my software Rev is 4.01
but my firmware Rev is 4.00
Check for updates does not give me an "update option".
is this ok
is the 4.01 only a software upgrade- not a Gyro firmware upgrade?
guypenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guypenn View Post
hi
after upgrading to 4.01
my software Rev is 4.01
but my firmware Rev is 4.00
Check for updates does not give me an "update option".
is this ok
is the 4.01 only a software upgrade- not a Gyro firmware upgrade?
=] yes 4.01 is SW only, the FW stays at V4....

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great - thanks
better to make it clear on the website!
guypenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] I think your issue is the FW is still 3.43, and that won't connect to 4.01 SW, can you load 3.43 back on again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Should have said firware mismatch? And still should have access to SK drive?
What about reset with jumper/bind plug?
Ok so I gave up trying, I used the jumper/bind plug method and got the gyro to reinitialise and now it will only work with the 3.43 so I think I will just live it at that, I was clearly sold a unit that had been in the shop for over two years, I did question this when I first got it as the seal on the box was broken also looked like it had been mounted to a heli as the screws where corroded, reputable shop I might add anyway thanks for all your help much appreciated
DK 2.0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK 2.0 View Post
Ok so I gave up trying, I used the jumper/bind plug method and got the gyro to reinitialise and now it will only work with the 3.43 so I think I will just live it at that, I was clearly sold a unit that had been in the shop for over two years, I did question this when I first got it as the seal on the box was broken also looked like it had been mounted to a heli as the screws where corroded, reputable shop I might add anyway thanks for all your help much appreciated
=] ok, maybe wait till things are more settled and update again....

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] ok, maybe wait till things are more settled and update again....
my thoughts exactly..
DK 2.0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes 4.01 is the software rev, but 4.00 is still the current firmware rev.

Dk2: The unit is probably ok, my guess is you were updating with a win8 PC? Some win8 PC's seem to have problems updating sk540's. We're trying to fix the issue.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Under: Minor Annoyance

Setup GUI always comes up ~2/3 window size, font size, screen res, doesn't seem to matter.
Desktop- Win 7 Pro, up to date
Laptop- Win XP Pro,SP3, up to date@ EndOfLife
Yes, I can drag to resize, Minor Annoyance..... Greg..

Also: I have the Data Viewer Pro, unrecognized key error, have e-mailed SK
LotechGreg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotechGreg View Post
Setup GUI always comes up ~2/3 window size, font size, screen res, doesn't seem to matter.
Desktop- Win 7 Pro, up to date
Laptop- Win XP Pro,SP3, up to date@ EndOfLife
Yes, I can drag to resize, Minor Annoyance..... Greg..

Also: I have the Data Viewer Pro, unrecognized key error, have e-mailed SK
Same for me. Always opens as a small box that must be manually opened up by dragging the edges, however it doesn't open up all the way. I can only see the very edge of the send button in the lower left corner, but have no access to it with my cursor, so auto send is all I can use to make changes. I'm Windows 7 as well
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a question about bell gain and cyclic accel. What is the difference between them?
From what I can tell higher bell gain makes the swash/cyclic snap into a roll and cyclic accel is kinda like negative expo. Does this seem accurate?
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I have a question about bell gain and cyclic accel. What is the difference between them?
From what I can tell higher bell gain makes the swash/cyclic snap into a roll and cyclic accel is kinda like negative expo. Does this seem accurate?
Bell Gain determines the amount of swash movement per cyclic stick deflection. If the heli feels like its lagging slightly behind your controls or just feels disconnected from your controls, then increase the BG, or of course lower it if things feel too touchy. The best way for me to describe too low BG is my heli feels like I'm trying to hover precisely with a TX with 90% expo in it and I'm always behind the heli.

Cyclic Accel determines how quickly the heli will reaches its set max control rate, so if your control rates are 300 degrees per second, your heli will flip or roll at that rate at max stick deflection, and the CA is how fast it will reach that value. Think of the control rates as top speed of a car, and the CA how quickly that top speed is achieved.

I use the Bell Gain to tune the "locked in" feeling I'm looking for on my helis. The unit will self tune the Bell Gains based on the way you fly after a few flights, but I personally find that it settles on numbers that are too low for the feel I like. I think its because I'm a lazy sport flyer and don't slap the sticks around, but I still like the connected feel of a higher number.

I haven't tried the BG self tuning on the new firmware yet to see if anything is different this time.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did some more tuning today on my 7hv and sk540 and ended up with bell gains at 80. And cyclic accel at 45. I might lower my cyclic accel though. I was trying to make it snappy. Anyone else have numbers close to this?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I did some more tuning today on my 7hv and sk540 and ended up with bell gains at 80. And cyclic accel at 45. I might lower my cyclic accel though. I was trying to make it snappy. Anyone else have numbers close to this?
Whoops! Error corrected

Last edited by Xrayted; 08-04-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Xrayted is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Same for me. Always opens as a small box that must be manually opened up by dragging the edges, however it doesn't open up all the way. I can only see the very edge of the send button in the lower left corner, but have no access to it with my cursor, so auto send is all I can use to make changes. I'm Windows 7 as well
Just checked, I can drag the bottom down far enough on the laptop to get to the send button,( bottom 1/8,maybe?,cutoff), but, opposite on the desktop, I can see the top, but, don't think there's enough to click on. Greg...
LotechGreg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotechGreg View Post
Just checked, I can drag the bottom down far enough on the laptop to get to the send button,( bottom 1/8,maybe?,cutoff), but, opposite on the desktop, I can see the top, but, don't think there's enough to click on. Greg...
Its sounds just like my desktop. This is what I get wide open, but it must be some sort of resolution issue since you see something different on the laptop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	886
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	526515  
Old 08-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Really high bell gains can be an indication that your control rates are too low. I like 60, and I've seen others up to 70, but 80 seems a little high to me. It will be interesting to see what others think
I have my rates maxed out at 360 but the heli doesnt seem to be flipping at 1 complete rotation per second. I set it up with 10 degrees of cyclic pitch. Should I increase cyclic pitch? If so do I need to worry about binding?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XG11 Compatibility

Can anyone confirm if this version will finally support the XG11 Tx?
DMC970 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Its sounds just like my desktop. This is what I get wide open, but it must be some sort of resolution issue since you see something different on the laptop.
Under the menu tab " Preverences" you have the choice of "Automatic send" or "Send Button". If you check at Send Button the send button will appear on the window of the GUI.
On V4.00 Automatic send was preset, on V4.01 send Button is preset.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Really high bell gains can be an indication that your control rates are too low. I like 60, and I've seen others up to 70, but 80 seems a little high to me. It will be interesting to see what others think
Im sorry from what i know that is exactly the opossite:
Bell gain doesn't stand on its own - what effects is the ratio between bell/rate. For example 50/250 will give the same reaction as 55/275.there is something about it in the full manual, and that is also why when you incresae the rate value bell increases proportionately to it.

So high bell gain might indicate high rates and not low.

I have similar bell gain numbers around 70-80 and higher accel around 50-55 on my helies. Its a metter of flight style. Rates between 280-310 heli dependant
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Its like that when auto-send is on. What happens when you turn it off?
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in