Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Looking at buying a new Nitro.

need input on what nitro to buy and why!!!! i am ready to pull the trigger now!!!!

Go!!!
thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2015, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
need input on what nitro to buy and why!!!! i am ready to pull the trigger now!!!!

Go!!!
thanks in advance!!!!!!!
I fly a TSA 700N. Summer sale at amain and experience rc on all TSA models.

I've also flown a Trex 700N DFC And the older Trex as well.

I like the overall beefiness of the TSA and the way it flys. I think my TSA and feels better, but the caveat there is it has an OS 105. The Trex's I have flown had the YS 91 ... That black top regulated version.

Trex has a ton of parts suppliers. TSA only has two suppliers in US.

Another I would like to have is the synergy N7. Just my research but not flown. Parts seem expensive on those, but hopefully when I finally do get around to that one I will crash less.

One more I will mention - Mostro. It's different. But expensive and parts seem way too hard to come by. I'm watching them and hoping the market continues to grow for th Mostro world.

I feel cautious about parts with TSA as well, but so far it's been ok. And the kits have a good price so I can have a backup kit for few dollars.

Good luck. Keep us posted in what you decide.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really hard to beat the TSA's for the price. They are very rugged machines. Only have experience with my 600n pro. A little heavy but flies very nice. If I was going to but a new .90 size nitro the Synergy n7 or the Gaui nx7 would be my top choices at the moment. Like the mostro just not sure of supply side of things.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700

I don't own a tsa , but a friend does , and it seems like there's always something that he needs after a crash and can't find it. Especially the futaba servo arms , which are tsa specific .
Old 08-13-2015, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought an align 700, reason, I can get parts anywhere. and as a sport flier, will I really tell the difference between brands?
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't go wrong with an Align. As others mentioned parts are cheap and plentiful. I've yet to fly a TSA, but I'm sure they are relatively similar. N7's are expensive to crash but fly well as is/does the NX7.

I too went with an Align simply due to costs. Good luck with your new bird, always good to hear of another nitro hitting the skies.
Triple-D TJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-D TJ View Post
You can't go wrong with an Align. As others mentioned parts are cheap and plentiful. I've yet to fly a TSA, but I'm sure they are relatively similar. N7's are expensive to crash but fly well as is/does the NX7.

I too went with an Align simply due to costs. Good luck with your new bird, always good to hear of another nitro hitting the skies.
To me the TSA and Trex 700N DFC fly a little different. Not necessarily one better than the he other, but more about personal prefernce. I think TSA might be more forgiving in a sense.

TSA has awesome tail and boom, so solid and robust and locked in. Over the same time I've seen three different Trex 700s, one nitro and two electric, have numerous tail issues. All fixable, but they just seem to keep repeating.

I'm very interested in the N7. But I sure agree it looks expensive to crash. More parts suppliers, but wow seems like a lot is out stock at times.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ryan - last summer, I grabbed up a used Align 700N V2. Has all the KDE upgrades - thrusted mains, SXT head, arms, FBL links, boom supports. G-Force metal main clutch block. My main frame has 100% CF 2.4mm plates. 8.0:1 main gear ratio. So, it's light, rigid, and very snappy. Running Vbar, Torq servos, YS91SRX Tareq Edition, modified by Murnan Modified Motors, Hatori Tareq pipe, and Cyclones. Discovered that Perfect Regulators makes what seems to be a more robust on-board glow ignition. Enya #4 starts immediately. Couldn't be more pleased with the setup. Lynx MOAS in the tank also working well. Parts support from ExperienceRC has superb.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

No matter which 700 you choose, I would highly recommend the Hatori Exhaust Pipe for it. For sport flying, high priced servos are not necessary. I have had great luck with Switch-Glow, not so much luck with Align 2 in 1 (regulator and glow). JR has a very good voltage regulator that will let you run a 2s lipo receiver battery JRV6015 and it provides a safe switch for on-off. It reduces 7.4 v down to 6 for your receiver and servos. I have 2oz header tanks on my 600 and 700, I am easily flying 8 to 10 minutes.

The extras add up, but when you are done you will have a great flying reliable machine.
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a TT Raptor G4 and it is a great heli but parts are no longer available. I am looking to get another one as I don't want to wreck the G4 and leave it as it is such a great heli.

So I am looking at the Synergy N7 too, looks like a great heli. I am also looking at Trex because of parts availability.

Please share on which heli you will go to.
damienm6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also have a TT Raptor G4 (now hanger queen), and yes it is the sole reason i will never ever ever ever touch anything by TT and would advice anybody against touching TT. I have 2 Aligns that i fly 600n and 700nDFC. reason being that parts availability ! how many of us actually fly them too such a level that we can tell the difference between boutique heli's and run of the mill work horses !
BrianInNZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
YS91SRX Tareq Edition, modified by Murnan Modified Motors, Hatori Tareq pipe, and Cyclones.
How important is it to have tareq pipe vs standard 91 size pipe?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it depends on what you're looking for and how you want to fly. I like a good all around performance, perhaps maybe best at mid range transition. My take is this pipe is ideal for this engine for that sort of performance. Some are using the YS120 pipe to good effect for more wide open throttle performance. Staying in pitch all the time. Definitely not for me. You have to fly it like Tim Jones for that to be best, IMO. I am sure other pipes could do well too, I just don't know what to expect from the others. I am no expert on this either, so take my word at face value.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you like options....and a Very balanced heli... the N7 is the one to get.
Many gear options
racer713 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been looking at the N7. It is probably going to be the one.
damienm6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't go wrong with Synergy!
Bavarian Demon Flight Team #HIGHONHELIS
DUCDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCDOC View Post
You can't go wrong with Synergy!
The N7 might be the next one i add to my collection.

Currently i am alternating between Trex 700N DFC and TSA 700N.

Both are nice.

I watched several N7 at a fun fly. loved the way they fly. One thing noteworthy; less flight time.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqowen View Post
The N7 might be the next one i add to my collection.

Currently i am alternating between Trex 700N DFC and TSA 700N.

Both are nice.

I watched several N7 at a fun fly. loved the way they fly. One thing noteworthy; less flight time.
Hard to judge - the tune, blades, pitch, headspeed, etc all has a say in flight time. I don't think their fuel tanks are any smaller than Aligns. They are currently the lightest 700N out right now I believe.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gaui nx7 yo!
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525 View Post
Gaui nx7 yo!
Wow.... That looks fantastic....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC351219-32FB-4918-8744-FFB2D0E2A973_zps7xy2smc5.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	617328   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC62CF17-21BF-4AA5-8108-22696701D6E8_zpsqr3issqf.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	617329  

Last edited by racer713; 11-02-2015 at 09:27 AM..
racer713 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in