Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Members near me?

Hi, this is my first post. I'm trying to find out if there are any members near my area. I live at the bottom of South Carolina in a small town called Beaufort. If anyone is familiar with the Marine Corps, I work on Parris Island. (I'm not a Marine, I just work for them.) I really want to become good at flying RC helis but it's certainly harder than it looks on the videos. My birds seem to like the ground better than the air. I've spent more than I care to admit on replacement parts. The nearest LHS is about an hour and a half from me and they don't carry Align products, nor will they do repairs or have any helpful advice so I usually just order everything online. Sometimes, I'm not sure which part is broken, so I end up buying unnecessary parts. I have watched countless videos and read many forums but I think I'd do much better if I had a real person to help me. I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it. I can't seem to find anyone near me who has ever flown any RC aircraft. I figure there has to be someone on here that lives remotely close to me that might be able to give some helpful advice.
DannyA420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello welcome to helifreak.
I'm not close buy, but I can help you!

Can you tell me what Transmitter you are using?
What helicopters do you have?

Spend a little time and tell me everything you can about what you have so I know what your working on K.

Do you have a simulator?

If you like you can PM me your phone # and I will phone you. We talk a bit.
I have unlimited long distance so it's no big deal.

Hang in there.
Ron
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks for your reply

Hi and thanks for your reply! I have a few different helis but the one I'm most concerned with is the Align trex 450 plus DFC. I bought it brand new about 2 years ago and it mostly just sits on the shelf because I'm afraid to destroy it. The 450 came pre-assembled from the factory and it came with an Align T6 transmitter. I have not adjusted any of the factory settings on the transmitter because I'm afraid I'll screw something up and I won't remember how to get back to the factory settings. The first time I tried to fly it, I had just taken it out of the box and plugged in the battery and went outside, I was very nervous and didn't know what I was doing. The bird shot straight up into the air quickly and I panicked and started moving the sticks to try and gain control. it came down just as fast as it went up and hit the ground. Hard. I bent the tail boom, broke 1 main blade, chewed up the tail blades, broke a piece off the landing skid, stripped the main gear, broke one of the linkage rods, broke the control arm from the tail assembly and stripped one of the cyclic servos. The flight lasted less than 10 seconds. My wife was furious at me for wasting so much money and destroying it so quickly. I ordered a metal upgrade swashplate, metal main head, metal blade holders, metal main rotor grip arm, new tail assembly, metal digital servos, new helical main gear, carbon fiber blades, carbon fiber vertical fin, a digital pitch guage, and a swashplate leveler. I put the broken bird back together again and took her outside. This time, the tail just wants to spin around and around before it tries to lift off. I'm trying to be very careful with everything and I may have made some mistakes with installing the new parts, but I think I did a pretty good job. I wish I had someone who could look at it and tell me what I need to fix.
I had Phoenix simulator on my old computer, but I could never get it to work with my T6 transmitter. I was using my DX6i transmitter but I gave up quickly because I wanted the real thing. I hope this explains some of my issues. Right now, I am currently flying my WL Toys V911. I have 4 of them. For the cost of 1 or 2 align parts, I can buy a brand new V911 so it's a cheaper way for me to learn, but they are FP not CP. I also have a WL Toys V922 and a Blade MCP X BL, which are both CP. I'm trying to learn on the smaller birds but it hasn't been easy for me. Any advice you can give me would be helpful. My phone number is (843) 263-2602. Please don't call after 7:30PM Eastern Standard time because we all go to bed early since I have to be at work so early. Thank you again for your help.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used to live real close to you... I lived in the same place 45 years ago! My dad was stationed at Paris Island and we lived outside of Beaufort.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello again Danny.

I will give you a ring Saturday evening.
I'm Ron. Sorry you ended up crashing your Trex. It happens pretty easy when your just starting out. But if you give me a chance to help you. You will be flying that Trex pretty
soon K.

I'd like you to turn the rotor blades on the Trex buy hand.
Don't bother powering up.
Turn the head clockwise looking down from above.

The tail rotor must turn counter clockwise when looking at the tail rotor side of the helicopter, The blades should move Up from the bottom and forward towards the front of the helicopter.

If the tail rotor turns the wrong way. You twisted the tail rotor drive belt the wrong way when you installed the new boom! Simply remove the tail rotor and re install the belt with 1/4 twist the proper direction and the tail will work again!

If the tail rotor turns the right direction please let me know. I'd like you to get the Trex tail working set it on a bench so we can work on it while your flying BL and 922.

Is the 450 FBL unit 3GX or other?
We will need to make a few adjustments in order to calm the helicopter down
so when you are ready to fly it, the helicopter will not over react to control inputs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Align T6 transmitter is actually a Futaba 6J Transmitter with Align stamped on it!
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6j-manual.pdf
Please download this manual so we are looking at the same manual.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I read that correctly? You have a DX6i, MCPX-BL and Phoenix ?
If so we need to get you flying Phoenix and MCPX-BL ASAP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How well do you fly the V911 ?
Please be honest with yourself and me.
Basic hovering? Forward flight and turns?
High speed bank turns? High speed forward flight Flare and stop!
High speed pull the nose up and climb, kick the tail around point it down pull out and fly the other way?

Can you fly out to ether side turn around, Fly back turn away as the helicopter comes across in front of you so the helicopter is tail in in front of you stop and hover.
Land gently?

Please read this. And watch the video!

A good place to start
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...81#post3854881

Flying MCPX for Newbies.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=447286

MCPX BL AS A CP TRAINER
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...65#post3856265

COLLECTIVE PITCH SENSITIVITY
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=594796

Then check this link out.
This is MCPX sticky. Give it a read, most of the setup, service and transmitter settings are the same for MCPX-BL. The helicopters fly exactly the same only BL is a much better helicopter. I have not created a service links for BL.

I will help you get that DX6i set up and you flying BL.
Settings to fallow.
MCPX setup service and flying links for newbies
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=506789

I have no experience with V922 but looking into it.
With a little luck, it won't be to much of a step up for you to fly it.

I know I am throwing a lot at you.
Take a few days and enjoy the reading.
Ron

This is me flying my 30 size nitro Hirobo shuttle
Ron-Hirobo Shuttle (4 min 59 sec)

And me flying my Hirobo Sceadu 50
Ron 50 size Hirobo Sceadu (1 min 38 sec)

MCPX-BL
Ron MCPX-BL (2 min 4 sec)

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-05-2015 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-04-2015, 07:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, Thanks again for getting back to me. I am downloading Phoenix v5.0 right now so I can get back into it. I just need to find my USB dongle or I may have to order a new one. Also, I just ordered a new motor and ESC for my Trex 450 clone. I want to practice on the clone first before I destroy the "real" Align Trex again.
And the blades are spinning correctly on both Trex 450's. I just did the test you mentioned above. The FBL unit is 3GX MR. And yes, the transmitter is the Futaba T6J with "Align" T6 stamped on it. I have downloaded the manual as you requested.
I've only flown the MCP X BL once since I got it about a week ago. I didn't use the settings from the manual on my DX6i because I found your post on here with "beginner" settings and I wanted to try that first. I didn't do the toothpick test for zero pitch. Guess I'll have to do that before I take it out again. I've been reading your posts on the MCPX and you have a lot of great info on here. I will continue reading and trying your tips until I can get mine to react the way I want. I think I just need to calm down and learn to use very small stick movements. When I see one of my birds heading toward a tree, I have a tendency to jam the stick in the opposite direction, causing me to lose control. I guess I need to ask my neighbor down the street if I can use their yard because they don't have any trees. My yard has lots of things to crash into.
I think I'm pretty good with the V911 and I believe I can do all of what you mentioned above but it's much slower and easier to fly than any of my collective pitch birds. The landings are still a bit tricky sometimes but I'm getting better. I can fly those birds inside the house without doing too much damage.
OK, looks like the Phoenix is finished downloading, so I'm going to install and go look for my USB dongle so I can get back into it. Thank you again for sharing all your wonderful information with me.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was nice to chat on the phone Danny. Nice to meet you as well.

As you have plenty of fixed pitch airtime, you won't have a whole lot of trouble flying MCPX-BL once you get a feel for the FBL. It just feels a little different than fly bar that's all. As soon as you get a handle on it. Take it out for a fly!

MCPX-BL is a whole new ball game from fixed pitch. This is the little helicopter that could!
Check out the video of me flying mine. I'm flying that helicopter out 75 yards and up 100'
without any problem. Take note how fast it covers ground. At full power this thing really goes! Your going to love the sound of it.

I'm going to give you some settings that will make the helicopter react to power and cyclic commands much less violent. You will be very pleased how well mannered your MCPX-BL is with these settings!

Just in case.
Make sure you have the ratchet strap out of your DX6i, no tick tick tick on throttle,
You need it smooth as glass with very little drag. DX6i comes with a helicopter strap.
Rudder a little stiffer.
Cyclic stick, Keep the drag setting low so it's nice and smooth!

DX6i transmitter settings.

Hold Switch.
Normal mode hold switch throttle 10
Normal mode Hold switch pitch curve 0,25,50,75,100

Travel Adjust Menu.
Aileron.
Hold full right Aileron and set 75
Hold full left Aileron and set 75

Travel Adjust Menu.
Elevator
Hold full up Elevator and set 75
Hold full down Elevator and set 75

Dual rates and Exponential Menu.
Please set Aileron, Elevator, Rudder DR switches to position 0.
Set Aileron DR 65 Expo 30
Set Elevator DR 65 Expo 30
Set rudder DR 100 Expo INH

Please set Aileron, Elevator, Rudder DR switches to position 1.
Set Aileron DR 75 Expo 30
Set Elevator DR 75 Expo 30

Throttle curve NORMAL mode.
0 40 80 80 80
Pitch curve Normal mode
40 40 65 75 100

Stunt mode
Throttle Curve
80,80, 80, 80, 80
Pitch curve Stunt mode <<< correction made
25 40 65 75 100

Note:
This is not a 3d stunt mode pitch curve! No upside down with it.
This is the same pitch curve as you have in normal mode only it has a little reverse thrust so you can get a feel for pushing down from up high.

Stunt mode power is set 80%. The same as your flying in normal mode so the helicopter will feel the same power wise and not jump when you turn on stunt switch.
Your Aileron, Elevator and Rudder will also feel the same as in Normal mode!

When in Stunt mode!
Take the helicopter out in front of you a ways and up 60' pull the throttle back to 1/3 and see how the reverse pushes the helicopter down for you. Bring the collective back above mid stick and fly as normal.

It's just another tool in the tool box you can bring out and play with!

When you want to land in stunt mode. Land as normal. Hit throttle hold
as soon as the helicopter touches down. Pull throttle full reverse! Return Stunt mode switch to normal mode!

Takeoff in stunt mode.
Shut off hold.
Switch to stunt mode, come to mid stick as the helicopter spools up.
Takeoff and fly as normal.

I have been flying these settings for a very long time so I know your going to love them.

Now that you are comfortable flying BL, you can bump the power up to 100% in both normal and stunt modes.
Start practicing with Aileron and elevator DR switches in position 0. As soon as you get a feel for the helicopter try Aileron and Elevator Rate switches in 1 position and see what you think.

More power - Throttle curve NORMAL mode.
0 40 100 100 100
More power - Stunt mode Throttle Curve
100,100, 100, 100, 100
As you become more comfortable with the power and speed of this helicopter, you could also change your stunt mode pitch curve to, 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 and bump the Aileron and Elevator DR up so the helicopter maneuvers more aggressively.

As your yard is full of obstacles. You will be much better off taking this helicopter to a ball park or School yard. As long as it's got a football field size place to fly with little to fly into.
Don't be afraid to take it up high and out 50 yards!

When you are flying. I'd also like you to practice.
Approach yourself from the left, almost stop 20' out 10' up in front of you, As the helicopter approaches slow it down and descend, make a nice left turn and stop the helicopter tail in. 10 feet in front of you a few feet off the ground hovering tail in!

Always remember that spot in space. 20' out 10' up. No matter what angle you are flying in from. Begin your landing approaches from that spot in space on ether side of you!

Practice this from the left and from the right side so you have a standard landing approach from ether side. This is going to come in very handy later!

Practice forward flight. Pull the nose up sharply, hard rudder so the nose points down
add power and elevator. Fly away going the other direction! Do it a few times with a fixed pitch. Then MCPX. This is very handy and it's easy.

I have a bunch of Trex setup stuff tucked away for you. I will send you it soon. I wanted yo to be able to fly MCPX while sorting out the other helicopter.

I'm up at 4 am working at least least 12 hours, Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, likely Thursday and Friday as well so I'm not going to be around much this week.

Hope you get BL flying.
Balance those new MCPX-BL blades, Check zero pitch setup with hold switch on!
It matters! Have a great week. Ron

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-05-2015 at 09:44 PM..
Old 07-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, I put the settings into the DX6i but it's been raining here all day so I'm back on the simulator. I'm not sure if I completely understand all the settings though. Here's what I mean:

Hold Switch.

Throttle curve NORMAL mode.
0 40 80 80 80
Pitch curve Normal mode
40 40 65 75 100

Stunt mode
Throttle Curve
80,80, 80, 80, 80
Pitch curve Normal mode
25 40 65 75 100

All of those are different settings for pitch curve?
Which one should I be using for beginner flying?
I'm not yet to the point of flipping switches for different flight characteristics, I just need the most tame settings that I can get for right now. I took the MCP X outside again yesterday with the settings that I wrote down while I was on the phone with you. I clipped a few tree branches and mowed some grass, but the bird came back in one piece. I just had to pop the linkage rod back in a couple times. I really am trying to get control of this thing but I clearly need a lot more practice. Unfortunately, I only have one battery for this helicopter, so I gotta wait for it to charge. I'll try to order a few more batteries next payday.
Even on the simulator, I can't seem to hover any of these helis. once they get moving it's impossible for me to recover without going completely out of range or crashing to the ground.
I thought I was learning something with the v911 because I can control them fairly well, but moving on to CP has truly humbled me. I know I can do this if I keep trying, but so far I feel like my efforts have yielded nothing. Next time I get a chance to go out, I'll try to get my wife to take a video so you can see just how bad I am.
Anyway, thanks again for all your help, and I'll get back on Phoenix until I get a chance to go outside.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I understand you are very new and having a hard time!

Just sit down with the DX6i book and the transmitter.
Don't bother with the helicopter.
Look up each setting one at a time and you will find it's quite easy
to make the changes I'm asking you to make.
One little step at a time!

If it takes 2 days. It takes 2 days. No problem.

Just fallow the list and my directions and you will be fine!
You may as well learn how to program the transmitter.
Just take your time and you will be off to the races.

Once these settings are in the transmitter your BL will be a very gentle
CP trainer you should be able to fly after only a few tries!

Have to go. I'm up at 4 am.
Talk tomorrow evening when I get home.
Ron
Old 07-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello again Danny.

Hold Switch.

Helicopters have 2 flight modes Normal, Where the helicopter flies like a fixed pitch and idle up or stunt mode.

In stunt mode the power is turned on and off via a switch on the transmitter. Not the throttle stick. In Stunt mode the switch turns the motor on to a given power preset in the
stunt mode throttle curve menu.

See page 5
We are going to program switch C and your throttle curves.
Please see the top of page 16. Throttle curve menu.
We want to set your transmitter Throttle curve menu as bellow.
Normal 0 40 80 80 80
Stunt 80 80 80 80 80
Hold Switch 10

Then the Pitch curve menu.
Normal 40 40 65 75 100
Stunt 25 40 65 75 100
Hold 0 25 50 75 100

Then your Dual rates and Exponential.
Look at the transmitter.
Put - Aileron, Elevator and Rudder dual rate switches in position 0.
See picture
Switch D is Rudder dual rate, switch set it to position 0
Switch E is Aileron dual rate, switch it to position 0
Switch O is Elevator dual rate, switch it to position 0

Open the Dual rates and Expo menu and enter.
Set Aileron DR 65 Expo 30
Set Elevator DR 65 Expo 30

Please set Aileron, Elevator, Rudder DR switches to position 1.
Then enter these values.
Set Aileron DR 75 Expo 30
Set Elevator DR 75 Expo 30

Just set the book on the table beside you for reference. Take your time and you will be finished before you know it

Then you get to fly a really nice helicopter!
You need to put all the omg it's collective pitch and bad experiences behind you.
It's just another helicopter and with these settings you should be off to the races!

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-07-2015 at 04:44 AM..
Old 07-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, I think I'm beginning to understand a little more now. Thanks for the tips. I've been reading through the manual and I will try to do these inputs tomorrow after work. I had a long day today and I'm going to get in the bed. Your help is very much appreciated.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know you would probably like to bang me on the head with a stick right now. But the best thing is just dive in and learn most of your DX6i functions, Spectrum language and how to program the transmitter itself.

Buy now you will have figured out it's really not all that bad once you start
pushing buttons. Then it's a matter of learning what all those functions do
over an extended period of time.

Hang in there my friend.
Won't be long and you will be flying that helicopter with a great big grin
on your face!

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-07-2015 at 07:01 PM..
Old 07-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, it rained again here so I couldn't get outside. But I did attempt to fly the mcpx bl inside the house. I only had about 8 sq ft of space without furniture and I managed to keep the bird in one piece as well as the furniture. Of course, I had to land every 5 seconds before I destroyed something.
I do understand the dx6i settings now. The problem I had was that the "hold" setting under throttle curve only has one curve point; and under pitch curve, it has all 5 curve points. I thought maybe I had to flip the throttle hold switch to input those settings but it wasn't making a difference. Now I see how it works. I wasn't able to keep the mcpx still. Not even close. But I had fun trying and I guess that's kinda the whole point. The forecast is calling for rain the next couple of days but I'll try to get outside as soon as I can.
I spent about an hour on phoenix today but I'm not sure if I made any progress. I'll give it a rest until tomorrow. Thanks Ron for believing in me. I'll keep trying.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure if my phone is acting up again. I tried to answer your call but i couldn't hear anything. I'm going to bed now. Gotta get up at 5am
Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My first helicopter was an MCX2 then 120SR then MCPX.
Also had many many hours simulator time on Real Flight but found MCPX to be a little bit of a challenge at first. That's why I worked so hard on beginners settings and and service links for newbies.

Your not alone! Every guy on this forum had to learn the helicopter touch.

All of a sudden you will just begin to get a feel for it and you will look back and say to yourself, I can't believe it was that hard
This thing flies like it's on rails!

This is a very honest video of a fella teaching himself how to fly Nano.
Believe me when I say. I understand. Been in your shoes!

Oh ya, I learned in the house during the winter and there is nothing in my living room that does not have blade dings in it. Even the ceiling fan globes have chunks missing! And I hear about it all the time! I just say
Honey I love you, now go bug one of your girl friends. I'm trying to fly his thing!

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-08-2015 at 04:45 AM..
Old 07-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, I managed to destroy my DX6i. I ordered a backlight kit for it because I couldn't see the screen very well. I was very careful with the installation and did exactly as the video on youtube, but when I put everything back together, I somehow cracked the screen and now I can't see my settings. I'm not sure how it happened because I didn't hear a crack or snapping sound. I tried to research where to buy a replacement screen but they are not available anywhere. I called Horizon and told them what happened, they said that they wouldn't work on it because I voided the warranty by installing the backlight. It's not even under warranty because I've had it for 3 years anyway. But Horizon is the only company that has the replacement screen and they refuse to sell it. They told me to un-install the backlight kit and send it in so they could fix it, but they won't quote me a price for the repair until they see it. I didn't want to waste money on shipping because they might charge more than it's worth. I found a used one for around $100.00 and a brand new one for $130.00. But I decided to go a different route. Since I can't see the screen to change the settings, I'll just use it for Phoenix Sim, and I have just ordered the new DX6. It already comes with a backlight and a ton of new features. Plus it has memory for up to 250 models where the DX6i only has memory for 10. So it looks like I'm grounded for the next week or so until the DX6 gets here. I can't put pictures on here, but check your facebook messenger so you can see what happened.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What a bummer!
On the bright side, you will have a nice shinny new DX6 soon.
It's supposed to be a very nice transmitter. I have seen them around but have not played with one myself. Kind of stuck on my DX7 for Spectrum.
I also have an older Futaba 9C for Nitro Helicopter.

My pride and joy is a touch screen Aurora 9. It's for the Trex 550E Airwolf project that I have been working on for about 2 years.
I'm happy to say so far so good. But it's going to be at least next flying season before it sees flight testing. Likely the fallowing summer as I'm changing the helicopter from Airwolf black and white to a fire engine red Executive 222.
This is what I am working on.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=572451

When it's finished, a little more red than this one although it's very pretty!
RC Scale Bell 222 Airwolf with Retracts up close (2 min 54 sec)

I figure it will take a considerable amount of time sanding and painting.

Hang in there Danny. You get that new TX set up and all will be well.
Once you get a handle on MCPX-BL we can take a look at getting your Trex fixed up and flying.

PM me when the new TX comes in.
Take care Ron

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 07-12-2015 at 06:41 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron, I got the new DX6 today! The only thing I did was put batteries in it and turn it on to make sure it wasn't DOA. I'm meeting up tomorrow with the guy in my area that flies helis (Walter). His username on helifreak is Mingledorffw. He's gonna show me how to set up the DX6.
In the meantime, I have a question for you. Why is there different settings for the same exact helicopter on every different transmitter? I know I'm still new, but it would seem to me that throttle curves, pitch curves, etc. should always be the same for a certain heli no matter which transmitter you're using. Anyway, I can't seem to find MCPX BL settings for the DX6 but Walter said he found some, so I guess I'll see if they work for me tomorrow. Also, he's going to sell me a used Parkzone T-28 Trojan for only $25.00. I guess now, I'll get to learn how to fly planes too!
OK well I hope all is well with you and I'll let you know how it's going after I get back in the air. Oh, and I got my new batteries for the MCPX BL today, so now I can practice a little more after I get this transmitter set up.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You setup question.

Normal mode
Stunt mode 1
Stunt mode 2
Hold switch

So you can have a different setup in each flight mode!
Walter can show you the stunt mode / Idle up switch on the new transmitter and show you how it works.

Put the settings in the DX6 that I posted for you! Ask him to show you how to level the swash with a zip tie and do a zero pitch setup. Then fly it for you with the soft settings.

Check this out, Super cheep to build, I have built 3 so far and love it.

Multiplex Funjet Clone! (4 min 3 sec)

Download PLANS

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848264

Funjet Clone Build Video - Part 1 (20 min 39 sec)

Funjet Clone Build Video - Part 2 (14 min 21 sec)

Of course I have bumped up the power! Turnigy D2826/6 2200KV
motor with 3S 1550mha lipo. 6x4 prop.

Yes it's fast. Now I did not come up with this ether but I can tell you that it is very fast, and flies great.

Don't tell anyone just ordered one of these!
Will build it over the winter.
200 Kmh Electric Fiberglass Pylon Racer Hobbyking Speedflyer Swallow mit Gyro Kreisel *HD* (3 min 11 sec)

Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I'll input the settings you gave me for the DX6I. And he flew it a few days ago with my dx6i. He was able to hold a steady hover but he said it felt like something was "off" with the tail. He said it could be from one of my many crashes. He just ordered a new MCPX BL, so hopefully he can help me with mine once he gets a chance to play around with his.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in