Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How come no one likes heli max?

I had a heli max cp heli a few years ago and it flew alright and now that they have all these micros that in my opinion fly better than blade helis do how come heli max gets no love, just wondering?
13kawasaki13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Their new brushless micros coming out soon look really nice too. I personally want one as I like how they come with real servos, not the linear ones blade offers.

Last edited by brendon55; 06-07-2013 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: mispelling
brendon55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few months ago, I decided to give heli-max a go since I had mostly blade products (ncpx, mcpx v2, 130x). First got a 1SQ and LOVED IT. So I decided to buy a Axe100 CP in hope I would get the SS and SSL later.

What a POS, the original had a horrendous drift that basically took half of the stick travel to correct (Left and Back). Contacted hobbico and was told...little helis are hard to hover. I had to get kinda forceful with them to send me a new board...which ironically drifted right.

I did buy a pile of Axe 100CP parts from 3 wrecked helis on ebay and was able to build 1 complete heli from all the parts. Of the three main boards I had, 2 drifted right and 1 was spot on. That being said, it flew pretty good..a little more stable than my mcpx but it felt more like it just had more built in expo. I didnt like that feel as the MCPX seemed more connected to the sticks and was consistent with the feel of the 130x and ncpx.

So I only got $40 on ebay for the original new heli so the market asking price I guess shows what they are worth. Luckily I only paid $99 for it. Cant see how they ever thought it was worth $150.

If you like them and think they fly great, more power to you. I did a comparison and came to a different conclusion and will never buy heli-max again. I sold the parts heli to a friend with the anylink for the price of the anylink...he loves it.

Seems like guys are having drifting problems with the new Axe 100 SS models...hmmmmm.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heli Max doesn't make any heli. They just sell rebranded versions of other models, and in the past they were Walkeras, and out of date Walkeras at that. Same thing with the Venom line that is typically sold at Hobby shops....both Walkera rebrands at a higher price than the original, and usually a version that Walkera had already moved on from. Hobby shops would sell the Heli Max brushed, plastic version for what you could get the latest brushless, and CNC version from Walkera for.

Lately the Heli Max micros are little better because they are rebrands of Nine Eagles Solo Pro models, and are current with the latest options. Many seem to like the Nine Eagles brand over the Walkeras, but all of those micros require constant tinkering of some sort to keep flying.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

My Novis CP was a old model Walkera 4G3 priced as if it was the newest thing out. I guess Helimax is how companies make a little extra money on old stuff.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remember a few years back Hobbytown USA was selling the Venom Night Ranger micro heli for about $299 RTF. It was really a Walkera #52 that could had for about $75. I've been burned a few times on the rebrands, and its typically the micros that will get you. There are only so many, and some models get sold under many different names and prices. You really have to do your homework when considering anything other than the Blade micros.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Makes sense to me now there prices are pretty far up there and now that I know they are just rebranded helis I probably Wong be buying them anytime soon
13kawasaki13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

blade helis will get better. most of them are first gen and originals.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mason Dumanski Axe 100 Heli-Max (1 min 53 sec)
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

"real servos" are no good on a micro, they strip, it's a pain. The linear servos on the mcpx don't strip.

i had a walkera genius cp, it was junk compared to a mcpx, and this a couple of years ago.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
"real servos" are no good on a micro, they strip, it's a pain. The linear servos on the mcpx don't strip.

i had a walkera genius cp, it was junk compared to a mcpx, and this a couple of years ago.
I have heard that on the 100 CP, 'you only really strip the servos when you go in hard inverted'. That surely wasnt the case for me. I had a crash on my 100 CP which by all accounts was minor(basically caught a skid during slow speed upright circle) compared to what my MCPXs and NCPXs have seen..this was minor. Stripped a servo.

On a positive note, the Axe 100 CP didnt have the TBO my MCPX V2s do, but it felt like it only had 2/3 the power and I never lost any links.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in