Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX18 G2 Issues

Its always lonely out on the bleedin edge so I'm lookin for company. Anyone else unable to register their DX18 G2 with Spektrum/Horizon? Mine won't register and the suspicion is the product database has not caught up yet with the product line. Error during registration states that serial number does not match product. Tech support is scratching their heads on this one as well.

Also can't SD card transfer (import) heli's from DX18 V1 to DX18 G2. Error message is: 215 FManalog Invalid section name. Have not heard back from tech support on this as of yet.

Am I the only one? Hello, is anyone else out there...?
Neo, Vbar; Mini and Silverline, VControl , DX18
cruzurr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

cruzurr
Go over to RCGroups and send a PM to AndyKunz
Explain your issue and include the serial number of your radio.
He can likely sort it for you.

If the V1 is updated and the V2 is not you may have trouble Importing SPMs to the V2.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same issue with a brand new DX18 G2 can't register. I managed to register as a regular DX18, got the firmware update..... restart the system but now I dont have voice in the radio as voice options are not there anymore. I guess the DX18 G2 has a new set of firmwares. I also need to transfer all my DX18 programs to my new DX18 G2 and I just want to make sure the G2 is in the same firmware ver.

Gonzalo
gonzalom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalom View Post
I have the same issue with a brand new DX18 G2 can't register. I managed to register as a regular DX18, got the firmware update..... restart the system but now I dont have voice in the radio as voice options are not there anymore. I guess the DX18 G2 has a new set of firmwares. I also need to transfer all my DX18 programs to my new DX18 G2 and I just want to make sure the G2 is in the same firmware ver.

Gonzalo
No!!! Stop. You need to get it registered and updated as a DX18 G2 not a regular DX18. You need to contact HH support to get the serial number in the correct database.
Or go to RCGroups and PM your information to Andy Kunz.

Once you get the G2 updated correctly Yes the model files will directly Export/Import to the G2.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in