Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great flight and post , thanks for sharing with us
Magnificent auto by the way
Kgnx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 03:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have found my Trex 700DFC autos way better than goblin 700c, so I'm not surprised the 700X would auto really well!!

Lee2782 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
"Next time I am up north we will see. I am working on speeding my flying up but at a lower headspeed. I find when I start moving faster I can start getting sloppier as I use more collective than I need. I am trying to keep things smooth and work in the speed. As I get better I feed in the head speed. I HATE being jerky it makes me mad to watch it. lol"

Sounds like you need a nitro! A nitro will force you to fly smooth or you will hear her suffer. Whole new level of collective management and smooth!
Nitros are tempting.. when they are running good they are interesting.. when they have issues.. well thats what I dont feel like dealing with.

However - I know when I dont like my flying and I back off.. I am noticing more an more in my flying I do not hear the blades in quite a few of my transitions - learning to manage collective really helps flight time and makes you a more controlled pilot IMO. I am still learning and will continue to do so on electrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanci View Post
Great flight and post , thanks for sharing with us
Magnificent auto by the way
Thanks a lot! Glad its of some value for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2782 View Post
I have found my Trex 700DFC autos way better than goblin 700c, so I'm not surprised the 700X would auto really well!!
My 700c on VTX 717's is pretty damn good. I would love to see how my 700x handles VTX 717's.. I bet the autos would be flat out ridiculous!

Here is a video my buddy Dave spliced together he was shooting me shoot autos - most of which without me realizing it.

Thanks Dave!

Cory's Align 700x autos (3 min 12 sec)
Old 12-31-2016, 03:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'm going to get one

I was poised to get a Dominator 700L TOP but then I changed my mind after reading these threads. The 700X Super Combo will cost me around $350 more than the equivalent 700L TOP but after reading your posts, it looks like it will be well worth the extra$$$!

Thanks for the information.

Iyoy
Iyoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi cory.. great review on the 700x..what u think about logo700 vs 700x align??
if you can bring one heli to the field for that evening.. which one u will choose?
Old 02-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
hi cory.. great review on the 700x..what u think about logo700 vs 700x align??
if you can bring one heli to the field for that evening.. which one u will choose?
Boy that's a tough question.. if I'm in the mood for crazy autos.. the 700x hands down.. otherwise it's damn near a draw..

Since my 700x gets less action because it's my heli that stays in the north I haven't flown it as much as I would like to get a firm answer. I flew it last weekend when I traveled up and it flew great as expected.. since the TT gears are not the best on it I don't overspeed it.. where the Logo I let it sing with no fear.

I don't know if that answer helps you.. best I can give however.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

great one .. thanks bro
Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great auto's thanks for sharing. Now I need to step up the inverted auto's. Wish I had a flying field like yours. Its hard trying to land on a 4x4 wooden pad. Cant land on the grass or dirt because its so uneven. Im really interested on the 700X.
Rosquillos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maidening mine tomorrow

Sirolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine super combo is 11.6lbs with align 5300mah 60c packs. Those turnigy batteries must be heavy. The scale I use at work is a German Sartorius calibrated daily.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turnigy packs do tend to be heavy. And my Align 1850 is lighter than most 1800s by quite a bit, yet it's still a true 1800mAh battery (tested mAh consumed).
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertvizzo View Post
Mine super combo is 11.6lbs with align 5300mah 60c packs. Those turnigy batteries must be heavy. The scale I use at work is a German Sartorius calibrated daily.
Batteries do vary a lot... What's the bare air-frame weight with the tray but no batteries?
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone running a nitro boom and 710s? Curious what the weight is. I'd be interested in running on 717
Dirtyburd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The slightly longer boom and TT from the nitro cant make more than a few grams difference.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
Maidening mine tomorrow
Good luck!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Good luck!
Thanks, all went pretty well. The HW has a very good gov it seems.
Did 9 flights and i am already used to it.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyburd View Post
Anyone running a nitro boom and 710s? Curious what the weight is. I'd be interested in running on 717
Same here. I want to fly with the vtx 717. So the nitro boom is a must.
Rosquillos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not want to make a new thread to write more of the sdame but I will report my findings here after 30-ish flights with my 700x.

The heli is flown in the super combo with the microbeast plus. I had a mishap when a ziptie failed after 10 flights resulting in a servo wire getting chewed by the main gear and a chrash onto the landing geear. Damage was very minor, I did however take that as an oportunity to switch over to the new tail boom mount and the new (lower) tail ratio.

Almost all my flights were flown at 1950 RPM. The tail is ok with both gear ratios. For the 23t version I had to up tail gain a tiny bit. After that the tail locked in perfectly again.

So how did I like my first 30 flights?

That's an easy one: I absolutely love this heli. I have no other 700 to compare it to but out of my fleet it is the best by far. With the super combo everything just goes together. It runs smooth and without issues.

Now to the biggest surprise (to me). At 1950 RPM using a 5200mah 12S pack I am charging back 3300mAh after a 7 minutes sports flight. No smack 3D but I am talking very fast sports flight with huge loops, rolls, funnels and stuff like that. No hovering around.

Consider this: The 850MX was called overkill for this heli before and some consider using a smaller motor because it is simply not needed. While that might be true since the 850MX not so much even hints at dropping RPM when maneuvering it is actually not very thirsty and comes down cold when flying with lowish RPM. The heli feels very good at that headspeed too (for me).

This might change over time but at this point I have nothing negative to say about it.

Some say a fatter boom without boom supports would've been nicer. That might be true but I think it is a good looking heli:

Actually that pic brings me to a negative point. While Align was on their trip to a lightweight 700 they lightened the canopy to the extreme. It looks fantastic (IMO) but it is made out of eggshell! It will crack by simply looking at it funny. Considering that they ask 80 $ for one that is pretty bad.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah, I've made the same comments on the canopy before, Align went too far on the gram saving in that area.

I added some lightweight carbon fibre patches on the inside of the canopy at the four mounting points which helps a lot but the paint has still flaked off around the 'chin' on the canopy where it flexes when you install it.

Fusuno have just brought out some aftermarket canopies for the 700X so that should give us another option once they start showing up in dealers.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
yeah, I've made the same comments on the canopy before, Align went too far on the gram saving in that area.

I added some lightweight carbon fibre patches on the inside of the canopy at the four mounting points which helps a lot but the paint has still flaked off around the 'chin' on the canopy where it flexes when you install it.

Fusuno have just brought out some aftermarket canopies for the 700X so that should give us another option once they start showing up in dealers.
I did the same. I reinforced it there and I use Tenax to mount it wich is a bit easier on the canopythan using those horrible pins. If mine gets to a point where it is not nice too look at anymore I'll get a fusuno too. I got a fusuno on my protos. I bombed that one in. It was effectively a rekit but guess what: The Fusuno canopy is as good as new. Those things are great!
I'd be willing to accept a bit more weight for that.

The one design that is available is not to my taste. There is allready a guy with a fusuno 700X that looks completely different (and cool) and it was custom made for him. It is possible to get pretty much any design by fusuno afaik.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in