Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450l upgrade metal tail pitch linkage with sleeves

My tail on my 450l is binding even with a brand new tail. It seems to be a common problem. I narrowed it down to the black tail pitch linkage the part without the brass sleeve inside. It looks like everywhere I look the upgrade metal ones are discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find this I don't feel comfortable loosening it to where there is no binding as it is very loose. Thanks
bmanc42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450l upgrade metal tail pitch linkage with sleeves

That's a common spot where people get binding. Either from over tightening or from getting loctite in the pitch link. The best way I've found to get it smooth is to put the loctite in the hole, instead of on the screw. Use a little needle or something to get it on the threads and don't put too much in there. You won't be able to crank down on the screw but it shouldn't be super loose. Slowly tighten it up while checking for binding. If there is loctite in the black link clean it out first.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure I did as mentioned above and locktited the screw a little loose on the 450L. The 550X required a little spacer in the screw hole so I could crank it down. I didn't want that one to bind or come out.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=58

Last edited by ic-racer; 01-24-2017 at 08:58 AM..
ic-racer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

that what you are looking for if upgrade is wanted. they are discontinued but not impossible to find my lhs still have few in stock. use tis on my 450l for 3 complet season no issue
Old 01-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDE Option (Discontinued)

Hmmm, you're right? A lot of the tail assembly parts for the Trex 450 have been discontinued...I was going to recommend a KDE Direct option part.

I wonder if a new tail linkage is in the works...
Old 01-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I ended up not buying this heli with the binding tail. I received a 450 pro dfc for free from a very generous member on this site and the tail is smooth as butter. So this problem has resolved itself. Thanks for the replies tho everybody
bmanc42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in