Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Now you have 130X will you be selling mcpx?

As title suggests, I'm curious the 130x is due out next week and I can't help thinking I might get the mcpx up for sale in readiness as I think the 130x could answer my problem with lack of oomph and constant bogging with the mcpx.
BavarianRob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Will sell one of them

I've been able to keep two Mcpx's flying, and have a large collection of spare parts. I think I'll sell one of the Mcpx's, and reduce the parts inventory, and keep one for winter indoor use.

Compared to the 130, the mcpx does not have the power or feel. Indoors, as in a house that is (vs. a gym or other large aera) however the mcpx is still fun to fly and is great for practicing control, orientation, etc.
nebeginner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianRob View Post
As title suggests, I'm curious the 130x is due out next week and I can't help thinking I might get the mcpx up for sale in readiness as I think the 130x could answer my problem with lack of oomph and constant bogging with the mcpx.
I was thinking the same thing. But decided I should wait for consumer pilot reviews first.

BTW, when you say 'due out next week' do you mean the expected delivery to your doorstep?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I passed mine down to my dad. He is wanting to learn to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jster171 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No

I will be keeping my stock and brushless Mcpx until I find out how crash worthy my 130x is. Its a no brainier if the 130x crashes well but if it doesn't I can learn new stuff with one of my Mcpx's. For example I learned inverted circuits going counter clock wise. So I use my stock Mcpx to learn clock wise. I have forward inverted clock wise down now and working on backwards. Doing piroflips with my brushless Mcpx but still working on them. I learned inverted tail down funnels on a stock Mcpx and crashed a lot! Just did my first inverted nose down funnel this week and crashed twice with my Mcpx, no damage.

I have a lot more I can learn with my Mcpx with out worrying about spending money.

If I could afford 2 130x's with a huge parts supply then maybe I would get rid of the Mcpx because a bigger bird is always easier to fly.

Truth is I may never get rid of at least one of my Mcpx's. It got me back into the hobby after 8 years. I believe it has been and is a game changer. The first real life simulator. I love it
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the blade 130x today and its a great little heli

I also tried a blade mxpx a while ago when they were a huge hit. I was amazed at what this little heli could do but was not intretsed in buying one as it lacked power to fly in wind and tail would let go.

blade 130x is much better in everything it does compared to 130x but still lacks power for 3d stuff for me. I dont clasify it as a tre 3d heli as you still need great collective management for elevator tic tocs but rainbows are no problem. It can do continuos flips and rolls without losing altitude.

I wish blade made this a 3s set up then it would have been a truely 3d micro heli the average 3d fliers.

I personally will not get the 130x becasue of the lack of power for me but its definately a great little heli with amazing tail holding ability for its size.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina View Post

BTW, when you say 'due out next week' do you mean the expected delivery to your doorstep?
Its due for release here in the UK next week, haven't pre ordered yet as I want to wait till part availablity has increased as I know if I get one I'll crash and it'll be out of action for two weeks!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I've invested too much in my mcpx over the last year to want to sell it, I'd only be getting a fraction back by selling it used. I also feel a bit more comfortable flying my mcpx in tighter areas than I do with my 130x. Given these are my only two helis it's nice having one to use if something ridiculous happens to the other like it tosses a tail blade or its gears grind down or something like that. Fortunately my 130x hasn't done either yet after 9 or 10 flights.
eltreato is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a word, No, I will not sell my mCP-X. There is no need to get rid of it as I consider each of my heli's a tool and you need different tools for different things. The mCP-X is an excellent tool for me to practice my circuits, attempts at 3D and not have a lot of money into it if and when I crash. The 130X is the more powerful tool to transfer my mCP-X knowledge over into a backyard or a larger indoor area. The "SR-X" as I call it is my experimental platform where I try different mechanical changes and test my technical skills in setting up a CP heli which helps in my skills to fix the other helis. The T-Rex 450 Sport I have is the field flyer for larger open spaces and will become a scale heli before that's all done and I really don't want to crash this one at all!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
I will be keeping my stock and brushless Mcpx until I find out how crash worthy my 130x is. Its a no brainier if the 130x crashes well but if it doesn't I can learn new stuff with one of my Mcpx's. For example I learned inverted circuits going counter clock wise. So I use my stock Mcpx to learn clock wise. I have forward inverted clock wise down now and working on backwards. Doing piroflips with my brushless Mcpx but still working on them. I learned inverted tail down funnels on a stock Mcpx and crashed a lot! Just did my first inverted nose down funnel this week and crashed twice with my Mcpx, no damage.

I have a lot more I can learn with my Mcpx with out worrying about spending money.

If I could afford 2 130x's with a huge parts supply then maybe I would get rid of the Mcpx because a bigger bird is always easier to fly.

Truth is I may never get rid of at least one of my Mcpx's. It got me back into the hobby after 8 years. I believe it has been and is a game changer. The first real life simulator. I love it
I know what youre saying and I agree that the mcpx is a great learning tool and mine has been teaching me inverted circuits only recently, but its just rubbish at backwards, tail doesnt hold well at all for me . I've only been flying since January so i still have a lot to learn.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll keep both there both fun !!
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought I'd get rid of my MCPX for sure when I got my 130X. Then I got the 130X! Except for some issues in the beginning, the 130X is flying REALLY well right now. It has GOBS more power and WAY more precision than the MCPX, BUT, it flies a lot bigger and though I can fly it in my neighborhood, I'm going to limit that because it could hurt someone/cause damage. Now mind you, I don't fly it if anyone is around...

I still absolutely love my MCPX. Sure, it's not as precise as the 130X, note even close, but I hazard to guess it crashes a lot better than the 130X (haven't crashed it yet) and it's size suits the small area I fly in my neighborhood. Because of the MCPX, I'm competent in inverted fff and the only discipline I need to learn now is backwards inverted flight. I think it does a pretty good job at backwards flight in general; it has hone my upright backwards flight quite well.

I've purchased 4 MCPXs and given away 2 of them to my brother and brother-in-law. Mine are just the run of the mill stock brushed units with the performance blades but they fly really well.

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sold my mcp-x yesterday. I did however get one of the good 130's
Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sold my last mcpx a couple days before the LHS had the 130x in stock.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll probably be selling my brushless mcpx and my stock mcpx. Lovin my 130x

Love the bacon dance
mobster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 mcpx stock with bad boards i plan on eventually fixing them and just having them to train on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am really enjoying my 130X. Up to 17 flights without issue and so far no crashes. However, I am not going to get rid of my mCPXs. (Stock and C05M

Two main reasons:
  1. I can fly the mCPX in a smaller area. Since I am home bound a lot with 2 small children, being able to fly in my back yard means more flying time. The 130X is just too big for my backyard and flying skill for anything other than some very light sport flying.
  2. Crash-ability. I am just learning inverted and I crash a lot working on my skills. I have a mild BL mCPX with some toughening mods. The thing is nearly indestructible. Early reports are that the 130X crashes better than many expected, but it isn't going to keep up with a toughed mCPX.
Plus now if I do make it to a park or somewhere to fly besides my yard, I can switch back and forth between them to give each a break.
atv223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post

blade 130x is much better in everything it does compared to 130x but still lacks power for 3d stuff for me.
OKaaaay...suuuure
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No way. I love my BL mcpx too much. Two different helis IMO.
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post
No way. I love my BL mcpx too much. Two different helis IMO.
+1

I have 2 brushless mcpx's and although since I have gotten the 130 I have thought about selling one I just can't bring myself to do it.

Love my double brushless mcpx babies
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in