Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Anyone else here with the WL Toys V931?

I'm a sucker for little scale birds, especially ones with lots of blades, like WL Toys new little brushless, 3-blade AS350. I'm just a sport flyer with my helis, but I must say this has one of the most rock solid tails I've seen on a stock micro with an electric tail. I can pitch pump that thing as hard as I want and the tail doesn't budge. Not even an iota. With its relatively heavy, scale fuselage, it's definitely no stick banging 3D bird, but it's got more than adequate power for mild stuff. My one concern is that with its lack of ventilation, the hard working battery does get pretty warm, but all in all, I like this as much as WL's winner of a little fixed pitch bird, the 911.
Curious if anyone else has one of these and how they like it. (Or not)

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a V977 on the way. Best I can tell it is the same heli but open canopy and two blades.

I am curious about the 6 axis mode... Is it a real deal auto-level?

Like does it limit to say 25 or 45 degrees of tilt and return to level automatically and quickly?

If so, it's a pretty big deal, and makes it an inexpensive option to the Blade 200srx.

Looking at parts, they seem to have taken the same approach as the V911 for the durability. I'd like to know if that is mostly the case.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 V911, V912 tricked out brushless and nano cpx. Love the micros. WL parts are wonderfully inexpensive and take a good beating! Blade cpx much more.
Interested in a V913. Grandkids would love it. Easily seen in the air. Any real life info about V913 would be appreciated.
dino5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been really trying to not buy one... But after reading this it will stay on my drool list.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino5 View Post
I have 2 V911, V912 tricked out brushless and nano cpx. Love the micros. WL parts are wonderfully inexpensive and take a good beating! Blade cpx much more.
Interested in a V913. Grandkids would love it. Easily seen in the air. Any real life info about V913 would be appreciated.
The V913 is a larger (Almost 450 size) FP heli that flies just about like the V912.

Myths / Facts:
1. It WILL work with the Flysky TH-9X and Turnigy 9XR with Flysky module. (But like the 912 it will need to be re-bound each battery swap) Flies with V912 radio too. (Its the same as the 913 radio)
2. The V911 will fly with a V912 or 913 radio also.
3. It does NOT really handle wind any better than the V912.
4. It is about as durable as the V912 also. (Blades flex and bend rather than break)

We'll see when it gets here, but I would expect me to be raving about the 977 soon.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet !! Keep me in the loop!
dino5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
I am curious about the 6 axis mode... Is it a real deal auto-level?

Like does it limit to say 25 or 45 degrees of tilt and return to level automatically and quickly?

If so, it's a pretty big deal, and makes it an inexpensive option to the Blade 200srx.

Looking at parts, they seem to have taken the same approach as the V911 for the durability. I'd like to know if that is mostly the case.
If you mean the kind of auto-level where you can just let go of the sticks, no, you still have to fly it continuously and it can pitch and bank quite sharply if you yank on the sticks. It is a CP bird after all and you'll know it. The stock TX comes pre-programmed to quickly switch between 6-axis and 3-axis mode and while there is no doubt that the acceleration sensors help, one thing that also make that mode easier is that it uses a pitch and throttle curve that make it behave like a fixed pitch bird. IOW, she's easy to fly in that mode even though much faster and more responsive than a FP Bell head.

As for durability, I haven't crashed her hard enough yet to really test that like I did my 911 (that still flies fine after umpteen crashes), but she definitely is not flimsy, like the 922 turned out to be. Because it is a much faster bird than the 911, with a much higher head speed, I suspect that it won't be, can't be, as tolerant of mishaps as the 911 is.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 11-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My V977 came in today. I LOVE THIS BIRD!!!

Yes it is a very very fast flying one, but the tail holds well and it is very stable.

The 6 Axis mode will self level immediately if you let go of the sticks. (That means it will return immediately to what IT THINKS is level...) Not fully sure how to recalibrate the gyros but it works extremely well for that.

Don't think of it like a bail out since it needs a more accessible button hack to fit that bill. It does work well though for learning.

Parts are weak and slip / slide around in crashes. (Gear pops off, inner hub of the swash pops off / out and blades bend.) This sounds bad, but means that breakages are not likely to require replaced parts.

Without 6 axis mode, it flies well but touchy. Not really good for 3D, but will hover inverted fairly easily and the tail seems to hold perfectly well.

AWESOME LITTLE HELI!!!

I'm gonna get a 931 also. Too fun.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im new in this hobby, my first heli is a Forza450, i did have trouble learning to fly the 450 bird so i bought V931 to practice on it since control and cp as well are same.for a beginner's viewpoint i think its a nice bird to practice with and so stable even beginner will enjoy. Crashed mine couple of times yet it still flies, impact of crash tends to separate the swash into 2 parts, it can be pushed back though.
Bit of a trouble though ive used it in manila for a month without glitch, i brought it here in Africa and as soon as i arrived here it just flies for a minute then starts lose power, sticks still works and cp except the motor refuse to run..unplugging and rebind would make it fly for a while then lose power again..

Do you think it has something to do with the place's static electricity? I cant figure out what happened, is it the esc's or the main board?
nvader31468 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a v931 last week and love it. But I can't quite figure out what the hover debug does. Any help? I have seen conflicting answers online, and to me it seems like all it does is recenter the trims.
koenejet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it only works for the 6G gyro, as in, I do not believe it's like a trim flight for the vbar.

Happy to be corrected, I've never ever flown 6G mode.

spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a thread not too far down on the v977. Just FYI, in the thread are instructions for calibrating the gyros.
Woodflute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I LOVE THIS HELI!!!! I had to get out of the hobby 5 years ago due to adopting 3 kids and no cash. I had two .50 nitros and a Trex 450. I could hover in all orientations and fly out and back tail in.....but I was afraid to crash so that is all I did at the time. It got a little boring. When the new kids arrived I sold my helis because I had had a "minor" crash with one of the Raptors and it cost me $200.00. Now I'm back, bought one if these to mess with and I can't believe how stable it is in 6G! Allowing me to fly it around like I was never able to with my other helis. An entire replacement helicopter can be sitting in my bag for $80.00 or so, that is incredible. Anyway I'm really enjoying this heli and am going to pick up a Blade 230 next month. My goal is to start to do 3D with the V931 within the next few weeks.

If your not sure about this one, just buy it. You won't be disappointed!
Termite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
I LOVE THIS HELI!!!! I had to get out of the hobby 5 years ago due to adopting 3 kids and no cash. I had two .50 nitros and a Trex 450. I could hover in all orientations and fly out and back tail in.....but I was afraid to crash so that is all I did at the time. It got a little boring. When the new kids arrived I sold my helis because I had had a "minor" crash with one of the Raptors and it cost me $200.00. Now I'm back, bought one if these to mess with and I can't believe how stable it is in 6G! Allowing me to fly it around like I was never able to with my other helis. An entire replacement helicopter can be sitting in my bag for $80.00 or so, that is incredible. Anyway I'm really enjoying this heli and am going to pick up a Blade 230 next month. My goal is to start to do 3D with the V931 within the next few weeks.

If your not sure about this one, just buy it. You won't be disappointed!
Agreed! I still enjoy mine! And, if you ever decide you want a little more adrenaline after all, you can set it to rate (3-axis) control.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in