Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My EXI kit is coming today. I plan on making a "how to install esky electronics" for the kit to help all of us belt users
tyoung560 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the EXI head from xheli that they sell for $29.00 and I am a bit disappointed with it. For one, there is quite a bit of slop in it. It is only a little better than the belt head was. It is also a very old clone model, being a copy of the Trex 450 xl/se models and parts for them are slowly starting to become harder to find. And as copter boy pointed out, it's a lot extra to do if you want to use the tail.

If I had to do it again I would spend the extra and get the genuine Align head. If I really had to save the money and go the clone route I would either get the complete EXI heli kit (which is a little more up to date, a clone of the sport model) or I would go with a Tarot or Copterx head.
Blade mCP X
GreyEyes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Where would you buy the copter x or tarot heads? I goggles them and can't find anything. The exi head was easy to come across.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
blackws6ta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure about tarot heads but I'm sure others will chip in.

I got my copterx stuff from here....http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.ph...ene4m8eckiuv00

Under the 450 V2 section is where you find the deal for the head and tail combo $29.99. Shipping can seem to take forever though, 4-5 days processing before shipping and 3-4 weeks for delivery in some cases, unless you pay top dollar for UPS.

IMO the copterx and exi stuff is fairly evenly matched in quality, and again I'm not sure about tarot. If anything I thought the EXI maybe better compared to copterx, as the swash looked like it had a slight advantage with the build quality.

So even if you get an EXI or CopterX head, you still may find slop in either. The advice in the stickies is to replace the sloppy balls and links with align originals, no matter if it's copterx or exi.
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tarot quality is good. Very little slop. Here is the Tarot head.
http://www.hobby-wing.com/tl2338.html
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the tarot PRO head, don't know if anyone has successfully installed one of these on a belt yet. The PRO head has longer mixing arms, so it needs a bigger range of movement to get the desired pitch range.

I've done some research on align heads and I beleive it would be difficult to get it on a belt, as the geometry is slightly different. Would advise you try the V2 sport head (tarot V3), if your still planning to put it on your BeltV2.

If your still planning on getting a kit, to transfer electronics to, then no problem whatsoever go for it
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not aware of the mixing arms size. It is difficult to just looking from the picture. Anything can miss if just looking from the picture.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's been some mention of swapping esky electronics into a trex clone kit. My CPX servos did NOT fit in an EXI kit. Just a heads up.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the UK, check out this place. Gootch brand, which is at least as good as Tarot imo!

http://www.helisfromdevon.co.uk/hfdc...product_id=269
Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
In the UK, check out this place. Gootch brand, which is at least as good as Tarot imo!

http://www.helisfromdevon.co.uk/hfdc...product_id=269
Anything else I would need to stick that head on my cpx?

Align shaft used upside down? Stick to original esky swash but change the little ball things?
comatosed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not sure about the CPX. On the older V1 and v2, you needed to turn the shaft upside down and change the ball links certainly.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

At £25 for the head, it has to be worth a try.

I'll get one when I order my dx6i on payday
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung560 View Post
There's been some mention of swapping esky electronics into a trex clone kit. My CPX servos did NOT fit in an EXI kit. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Just what was the problem - were servo's to big or too small? Was there a problem with the fixing holes.

I think we all presumed the CPX servo's were the same size and type as the servo's in the V1 and V2 belts. Please can you respond so I can do some further research

@comatosed
What blades are you using now? If your still on e-sky blades, you'll also need new align compatible main blades, and paddles. KBDD paddles are great for the money IMO.

If your using the e-sky shaft, no need to invert it, but some people like to grind a bit off the top of the e-sky shaft to allow full movement of the flybar. You only need to invert the align/clone shafts.

With the CPX, it is easier to keep the e-sky swash and swap the 4 balls on the upper part to align/clone compatible one's. But if your e-sky swash has worn and developed some slop, you may still need to consider using the new swash and buying an extra AR bracket to use on the front (keep the old one in place to maintain the support inbetween frame sides).
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
What blades are you using now? If your still on e-sky blades, you'll also need new align compatible main blades, and paddles. KBDD paddles are great for the money IMO.

If your using the e-sky shaft, no need to invert it, but some people like to grind a bit off the top of the e-sky shaft to allow full movement of the flybar. You only need to invert the align/clone shafts.

With the CPX, it is easier to keep the e-sky swash and swap the 4 balls on the upper part to align/clone compatible one's. But if your e-sky swash has worn and developed some slop, you may still need to consider using the new swash and buying an extra AR bracket to use on the front (keep the old one in place to maintain the support inbetween frame sides).
I was aware I'd need new blades and paddles, I've read that somewhere before.

The align shaft would be easier for me than grinding down the esky one. Few quid or an hours frustration? I know which option I'd take

Again, with the AR bracket, I'd definitely go down the esky swash route and swap the balls over. All I need to do is price everything up and see whether or not it's in the budget this month. I'm desperate for a new charger, the esky one is killing me, nearly 3 hours to charge my 2200mAh batts

I've seen a b6 on HFD for £30, charges at upto 5A which would do my big batts in just under half an hour. That I can live with.

March's payday (money for april) is always a tough one for me, lots of family b'days etc. But more importantly I have 2 of my kiddies with b'days, one of which will be a 1st, that has to come first. But I've also done a lot of overtime this month, and now all this thinking has me ranting, I have to go tinterweb window shopping......
Old 03-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Copterboy - the servos in the CPX are 7.5g including the tail. Not sure about the v1 and v2, I would assume very similar. Most 450's, especially trex and trex clones take 9g cyclics and a much larger tail servo.

The esky tail servo - nothing lined up at all on the frame mount. You could still mount it from the tail boom if you wanted.

The esky cyclic servos - mounting holes seemed to line up ok but the gear where the servo horn mounts didn't extend far enough from the servo to clear the frame.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatosed View Post
I've seen a b6 on HFD for £30, charges at upto 5A which would do my big batts in just under half an hour. That I can live with.
I hadn't clocked that...that's a good price with a PSU included! I just took delivery of the Imax B6 4 port charger. That's gonna make life so simple come the summer!

WRT a main shaft, most heads come with a main shaft as well: I'd have thought that HFD's 450 SE V2 head does. I need to speak to Steve there about something else, so I'll check with him.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
WRT a main shaft, most heads come with a main shaft as well: I'd have thought that HFD's 450 SE V2 head does. I need to speak to Steve there about something else, so I'll check with him.
Yup, the HFD one comes with a main shaft.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung560 View Post
Hmmm.....

My CPX servos fit perfectly in the frame of my Trex, and they measure virtually identical to the align ds410's in length, width and height of the arm above the mounting flange.

The only place they differ is in the depth below the flange, (the align are deeper) and that is not a factor.

I wonder why your EXI is different? Would have though being a clone they would have measured the same.
Blade mCP X
GreyEyes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in