Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #481 (permalink)
Registered Users

No way you're an idiot! You found a really uncommon problem that solved your issue!
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #482 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
jezzejamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #483 (permalink)
Registered Users

So im switching from a 3GX to the Ikon2.

1st question, do i plug the ikon2 into the computer and start it up BEFORE I plug in the servos or do it during the wizard?

2nd question, i can't figure out which ports TWO leads from this BEC go to...help

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-...9NJBoC7Inw_wcB
PLANETGETLOW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #484 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
So im switching from a 3GX to the Ikon2.

1st question, do i plug the ikon2 into the computer and start it up BEFORE I plug in the servos or do it during the wizard?
It is suggested that you plug into the comp first and set up your servos frequency and center pulse (e.g. 1520 us). That way you won't damage your servos due to misconfiguration on the FBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
2nd question, i can't figure out which ports TWO leads from this BEC go to...help

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-...9NJBoC7Inw_wcB
Assuming these ports are available, your BEC leads can be connected to the FBL ports marked CH-2 and CH-3. This may be not be true if you have to use an external receiver.
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #485 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! Much appreciated. I have 2 sats. I should still be able to plug them in ch 2 and 3 right?

Last edited by PLANETGETLOW; 07-22-2016 at 04:49 PM..
PLANETGETLOW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #486 (permalink)
closed

hello guys,
i'm on the swash plate tab trying to adjust the cyclic range. instructions just say to move the pitch stick to middle and give full aileron to get 10 degrees. but... which side? left or right? i get different readings each side. does it matter? how to fix it?
thanks a lot.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #487 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
hello guys,
i'm on the swash plate tab trying to adjust the cyclic range. instructions just say to move the pitch stick to middle and give full aileron to get 10 degrees. but... which side? left or right? i get different readings each side. does it matter? how to fix it?
thanks a lot.
Yes both sides should be the same. If not one link or the throw is off in servo setting travel..

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
jezzejamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 04:22 PM   #488 (permalink)
Registered Users

These might help in general :

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=750467
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #489 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im using a talon 35 esc and need to plug the white wire into the gov port of the brain but obviously the standard servo plug will not fir into that port, what is the solution?
Old 09-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #490 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a Talon?
Didn't think it had a "rpm out" lead.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #491 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
This is a Talon?
Didn't think it had a "rpm out" lead.
Sorry, my mistake. Its a Castle 50
Old 09-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #492 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem, just wanted to be sure what you had.

You'll need this adapter:
http://www.mshusa.com/collections/br...nor-cable-90mm

Or you can make one out of a satellite cable. You'll have to solder a servo lead on or be able to crimp servo connectors.

Be sure to program your Castle "aux" lead for "rpm out"
Old 09-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #493 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do I calculate the tail ratio on a goblin 700 with the new software? This 1.7 ratio doesn't look right to me
Old 09-09-2016, 02:25 AM   #494 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCPharmD View Post
How do I calculate the tail ratio on a goblin 700 with the new software? This 1.7 ratio doesn't look right to me
I think you could use the ratio provided by goblin ? At this page they give the ratio for new and old main pulley.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #495 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default iKON2: Problem setting up ESC endpoints

I have, up till now, always used the BeastX as my flybarless unit. But I liked the iKON so much on the Goblin Black Thunder I just built that I decided to convert my GAUI X5 FES to an iKon2 with Bluetooth.

I proceeded to follow Chris' excellent videos but ran into an unexpected problem: I couldn't set the fixed endpoints on my Castle Phoenix Edge 100 ESC.

Long story short: I connected only the ESC to the iKON2---not my Castle BEC-PRO (thus using the ESC's built in BEC instead). The initialization then went swimmingly. Then, I could reconnect the BEC and proceed with the iKON2 configuration.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:33 AM   #496 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default question-binding sat to micro ikon

I've heard about and am having a problem binding my Spektrum DSM2 sat to the micro Ikon (DX7S).. The procedure given in the Ikon wizard doesn't work.Lights blink on the gyro, but I can't get the sat into bind mode. I've searched high and low for a resolve. So now I must ask for help with this issue. Can anyone help me?

Thomas.

Last edited by Tman49; 11-12-2016 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: more info
Tman49 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #497 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a problem with binding the sats and all I had to do was update the iKon. So plug your iKon in to your computer and see if it needs updating.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #498 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 Pro DFC with iKON Brain (not Brain 2) dsmx sat & DX8 Tx

Hi Chris, I'm a complete noob at programming Tx and setting up FB and FBL helis. One of those BNF / RTF guys. I've gone through all the videos and how to's and just cannot find a solution to my problem.

My heli has a HW Platinum 50amp ESC with the Brain FBL and for the life of me, regardless of the flying type I set in any of the 3 setups, I get no change in stick to servo speed (seems VERY slow). Also, cannot get governor to hold steady speed no matter what position stick is set at or value used for head speed in settings. No matter what I've tried, it spins up nice and slow, but maxes out on rpms, then drops to a small fraction of rpms for a second or two, then maxes rpms again for about 4-5 seconds and just keeps repeating this up and down in head speed. Only way I've been able to get steady headspeed is to just set flat throttle curves in Tx for each flight mode. Throttle curve currently set up as : Normal = 60%, IU1 = 70%, IU2 = 80% . Used these values just for setup purposes.
RabbitDFFD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #499 (permalink)
Registered Users

Slow response can be caused by having self - level activated. When the FBL initializes if it rocks back and forth sideways rather than up/down it's in self level. If you have the HW gov set AND the Brain gov set, they'll fight each other. Dan
Old 05-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #500 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitDFFD View Post
Hi Chris, I'm a complete noob at programming Tx and setting up FB and FBL helis. One of those BNF / RTF guys. I've gone through all the videos and how to's and just cannot find a solution to my problem.

My heli has a HW Platinum 50amp ESC with the Brain FBL and for the life of me, regardless of the flying type I set in any of the 3 setups, I get no change in stick to servo speed (seems VERY slow). Also, cannot get governor to hold steady speed no matter what position stick is set at or value used for head speed in settings. No matter what I've tried, it spins up nice and slow, but maxes out on rpms, then drops to a small fraction of rpms for a second or two, then maxes rpms again for about 4-5 seconds and just keeps repeating this up and down in head speed. Only way I've been able to get steady headspeed is to just set flat throttle curves in Tx for each flight mode. Throttle curve currently set up as : Normal = 60%, IU1 = 70%, IU2 = 80% . Used these values just for setup purposes.
You dont say if you are using the HW governor or the Brain governor, but in either case you are supposed to use flat TCs for each mode. That is the way a governor works. I would expect surging or other strange behaviors if you were using a linear TC initially, as the gov needs to fix itself on a set throttle value or range to know what RPM to hold, and this data would constantly be changing as you move the stick without a flat TC.

If the HW gov, you use whatever flat TC gives to the RPM you desire as long as its above 40% flat. HW sees anything below 40% as off when set to gov mode (Elf/Gov store)

If the Brain gov, then must use the flat value ranges that are instructed in the Brain software so it knows which set RPM value to give you and your ESC must be set to heli linear

As stated, you do not activate the Brain gov or set anything in the Brain software regarding the gov programming if you are using the ESC gov. All you do in this case is the throttle slider calibration to your ESC endpoints as instructed at the top of page 12 in the Wizard which must be done no matter which gov you are using.

Also, I saw in the beginner forum that you mentioned using auto level because of fear of crashing. As dogbreath said, that is not a flight mode. The model will fight your inputs and will always feel slow if you are attempting to fly with it on all the time. Use the beginner flight settings in the Brain software with AL off and dont worry about how the servos move if testing on the bench. Its normal for them to move slow when not in the air receiving any feedback. Its not very clear based on your post elsewhere if you have actually flown this model or not, or if these are all observations you are making on the bench

Last edited by Xrayted; 05-15-2017 at 08:32 AM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
save

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in