Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo Noise

Has any one noticed alot of servo noise on the mcp x when it is just sitting?
bryan_mccombs2001@yahoo.c is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Normal
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll second the notion adjusting the swashplate links to get 0+/- i definitely the best way to go. It only take a moment - not much more than faffing with subtrim - and it's locked in from then on. I needed 28 clicks to get zero and decided to go the manual route. I can't say it works better but it definitely feels better.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd recommend that everyone uses a dab of hot glue or something similar on all the female servo connectors on the board.

I couldn't figure what was wrong ntil I've examined the board closely.
With a few hard landings / crashes the upper PCB layer lets go resulting in intermittent connection to the servo.

Gaui X5 FES: Stock Motor & ESC | MKS BLS990(tail) | Align DS610(cyclic) | BeastX
MHS Protos FBL: Stock Motor & ESC | MKS8910(tail) | MKS 9660(cyclic) | BeastX
mongo56 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good info. I am writing up a big update and will get it up tonight.
4G6, mCPX, mCPXBL, nCPX, mSR, mCX
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default weak swash plate

Third crash and bang rear ball on swashplate snapped off...looks like it is a major weak point since the local hobby store is sold out of swash plates already and they just got them and the mCPx in on Friday...%$#@...!

fix--- Buy extras... I am sure there will be an aluminum aftermarket out soon
fly2day is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
put the align 250 bearings in mine this morning , flew all day, didnt have one bearing issue, yesterday when I got it, in 6 hrs I lost two bearings, GOOD CALL ON THE TREX 250 BEARINGS. THANX!!!!!
Which way did you install the 250 bearings? I do not have a set in hand on my MCPx yet so I am unfamiliar with had they go together.
Slider92571 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
The correct way with 3 axis gyros is to not use trim or subtrim and level the swash with the cyclic servo rods and get 0* pitch.

YMMV, Don
Don,

I would normally agree, but here was my issue. Mine showed up from the factory with approx -4 degrees pitch at mid-stick. I had to add 60 clicks pitch sub-trim. Initially at mid-stick, the servos were only 3/8 up on travel (not in the center). If I would have adjusted links, the swash would have raised, but the servos would remain at 3/8 up the track and thus, be binding on the low end. After a sub-trim adjustment, at mid-stick, I was at 0 pitch at mid-stick and the servos were centered.

As an FYI- my other solution would have been to disassemble the servos and re-center.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had to do the same thing as (finskeeper) because like he said if i would have turned out the links my servos would have bottomed out on neg pitch..i have 36 clicks & 25 flights no problems....
don71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man o man, This little mCP X had so mutch going for it. But this thing has more problem's than the SR, It seem's like atleast 8 out of 9 mCP X's have bad bearing's or some other problem with the head. I am saprised that the swash dosent seperate on it. lol That sux though, This little heli has so mutch going for it... I guess stuff like this is the reasion BLADE heli's are crap. "Just my opinion" I hope thay improve the bearing's on these thing's soon...
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default stupid answer?

Why wouldn't you put the step washers on the outside of the ass'y and shave the inside butt of the blade to clear it? the end to end distace would be the same (spindle)...and it would hold it all together even with a bearing failure.
gilligansc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

my heli wags for a second when i apply fast cyclic movement with the 3d blades
not with bullet ones

Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, you'd still need the step washers against the inner bearings as well. It would need them on both ends and to do this you would have to switch to a 4g6 feathering shaft since it's long enough, the stick one's too short and you have too few threads holding it together. The blade root would still need to be trimmed though.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRRco View Post
my heli wags for a second when i apply fast cyclic movement with the 3d blades
not with bullet ones

i found this happens to mine when the blades are to tight (i think ) i made mine to where there are just tight enough to move extremely free and not bind AT ALL but not be wobbly in the grips. lol 1/16th of a turn can mean the diff between tight and this.
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got mine today. Awesome little thing!!! So I went and tightned everything up. Everything was fine out of the box, which by most reports here, it was suprising! After a few flights and a few crashes, I decided to check the bearings.

Well, the feathering shaft just didnt want to come out. The screws were too tight. Becasue of this I broke the head off the screw. I have spares coming tomorrow, but I am bummed et greatful that thats the only thing.

Remember that these things are so small to take it easy when trying to uscrew the screw!
- Dx6i
Atlas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just picked one up to toy around with.... some hurricanes and then during a fast one blade holder seperated, what a POS lol. no other damage. BTW it was the bearing that broke.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine won't change pitch or move the swash while the blades are moving. If the blades aren't moving it will, but often with a good amount of lag. Say a full second or two. Also the tail motor kicks out quite a bit. Because of these things, it has never gotten off the ground. All I can do is bring the throttle up, then cut it when it starts to tip over.

The thing wouldn't bind for 5 or 6 tries. I've bound 1 MSR, another MSR 3 times, 2 4Sites twice each, and a Vapor twice. All on the first try, because it's dead simple.
Twinsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having the same issue with my mcpx. I can throttle up but it will flip over on its side. I lost a blade grip and waiting for a replacement.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem of the side flip I am getting? I also have the RTF model.
PhouSoukkay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've read that the "keepers" on the top of the servo shaft can come loose causing funky handling and vibes, luckily they're threaded on these servos unlike the MSR one's, an can be tighter back down. If you're having issues and all of the normal things look good then this is another place to check.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
Mine won't change pitch or move the swash while the blades are moving. If the blades aren't moving it will, but often with a good amount of lag. Say a full second or two. Also the tail motor kicks out quite a bit. Because of these things, it has never gotten off the ground. All I can do is bring the throttle up, then cut it when it starts to tip over.

The thing wouldn't bind for 5 or 6 tries. I've bound 1 MSR, another MSR 3 times, 2 4Sites twice each, and a Vapor twice. All on the first try, because it's dead simple.
Remove the links going to the blade grips. Rotate the grips by hand and feel for any notchiness in the bearings. If so, dissassemble the head but leave the rubber dampers in their respective pockets on the rotor head. Looking from the top directly over the rotor head, the dampers should be close to flush with the outer edges of their pockets, if not they can and will cause binding since the whole grip assembly mounts against them.

On the otherhand, the dampers must not be so thin that it causes the brass step washer to fall inside the pocket. If so this will elminate the dampers purpose.
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in